Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St-10 Kill switch modification

Reaction score
After much reading here, and trying different landings, I have quickly learned to use the kill button method of landing. It does the best job of landing and is definitely safer with the immediate shutdown. Trouble is, for me anyway, is having to press the start/stop button so damned hard. It just doesn't feel good pressing it.
So I found these small buttons at the Dollar store. 100 of them for a buck. They fit on top of the start/stop button perfectly and are red!
I fastened one with a dot of super glue. It works great.
This, I know, overrides the safety aspect of the button. Therefore, additional safety measure of insuring aircraft is switched off upon landing should be implemented. (which isn't such a bad habit for everyone)q500 mod.jpg q500 trnsmttr kill switch mod.jpg

Reactions: Texas_Willie
I have not had any trouble at all with landings since I learned to reduce the response control to "turtle" about 2 feet off the ground, then just hold the stick down until it lands. No ground effects to worry about, and within 3 seconds of touching down, the rotors cut to about half power like they run at initial startup just before launch.

Reactions: wandy295

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy