Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST- 10+ Remote - Unfortunately Contacts has stopped. - Unfortunately the flightMode Application has been stopped.

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I flew my Typhoon Q500 one time and the next time i tried to fly it the remote is not working. I keep getting an Error message " Unfortunately, contacts has stopped" The message is never ending and keeps popping up. It wont allow me to do anything else. There is also another message behind pop up box that says " Flight mode has stopped". Ive tried taking out the battery, but it still does not work. Does anybody have a solution? Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone! So I flew my Typhoon Q500 one time and the next time i tried to fly it the remote is not working. I keep getting an Error message " Unfortunately, contacts has stopped" The message is never ending and keeps popping up. It wont allow me to do anything else. There is also another message behind pop up box that says " Flight mode has stopped". Ive tried taking out the battery, but it still does not work. Does anybody have a solution? Thanks in advance!
Does it have smart mode?

I think this may be a new one.
Please upload pictures of your screen with each of the messages. Maybe we can get a clue of where to start.

Have you done any recent updates to the controller?
In fact, can you think of ANYTHING that happened or changed between the last time it worked correctly and the first time it did not.

Reactions: slimon23
F2F0B402-4D3B-4E17-B363-154B18E7FAC2.jpegNope I didn’t make any changes/ updates. I just charged it and next time I tried to use it this is what it had. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: WTFDproject
It would be best to wait for @h-elsner to comment before doing anything drastic.
My limited knowledge of this problem would be to suspect a bad battery or corrupted firmware.
Do you have a way to check the actual battery voltage with a multimeter?

If it is bad firmware, There are about three levels of recovery you can try:
1.) Factory Reset. This is done from the settings screen. I'm not even sure you can go to that screen in your current situation.
2.) Reloading the firmware via the normal update process. (See Below)
3.) There is also a thread for doing a much more complex recovery of the system that might apply. See ST10/ST10+ TWRP Install Guide | Yuneec Drone Forum (yuneecpilots.com)
But if the problem is NOT corrupted firmware, any of these attempts may make things worse than they are. Hence the recommendation to wait on @h-elsner before doing anything more than check the battery voltage. He's in Germany. It's about 2 AM his local time right now.

(From Above): The official Yuneec ST10+ update instructions are easy to misread and have led to problems for several folks. If and when update seems warranted, I would recommend using the instructions of Attachment 36 (ST10+ Firmware Update) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project. Note the file download links at Step 2 of that document are currently not working due to problems with the Yuneec Websites. You can get the needed file from: ST10+ Controller - Dropbox

Most likely this is related to the device pad itself. There are several solution on the net with YouTube video that will walk you through how to stop this. Search on google ........... Unfortunately, contacts has stopped

This is something with the Android system itself. I don't know what. However, I would start to check the simple things:
- Remove battery was aleady a very good idea. Done.
- Power on ST10 and wait for boot up then connect to USB. Check if there is a SD card and if it is full. If so delete all files in /FPV-Video/Local/.
- Go to System Settings > About Flight Mode Control > Tap repeatly on Android version. You will get a hidden menu.
The middle up button should be APP manage ((older FW have that in chinese). On the bottom you will find Internal storage. I have 59MB used and 109MB free. You should have enough internal memory free. At tab 'Running' we can see RAM usage. I have 9.2MB used and 202MB free when USB is connected.
Downloaded should be No apps, On SD card also No apps. On Running I have only Android keyboard running. If USB is connected, then Media process is running too.

What do you have at internal storage and at RAM? What processes are running?

br HE

Just to say. No other way to shoot the trouble without reflashing.

There is a topic about this process.

Take a look at this topic:

Only in the first moment, everything looks awful. The procedure is not so difficult to be repeated.

I'll recommend installing TWRP after that.

Take a look at this topic:

Only in the first moment, everything looks awful. The procedure is not so difficult to be repeated.

I'll recommend installing TWRP after that.
That's not the same issue. He does not have one that is bricked. It is working, he just keeps getting the message. I am pretty sure the solution is provided with the link I sent to YouTube videos. The pad is trying to reach contacts that it can not and the video solutions should solve the problem.

and the video solutions should solve the problem.
It will don't, but this is not so important. To do something inside the pad, you should have access to the apps or something else. Or at least via ADB. There is no chance to get something from the device because the ADB connection is blocked, the screen gives only the OK option, and so on.

But watching videos gives some relaxation, why not watch them?

Before using the "big cannon" I would prefare to go step by step, first do diagnosis.
- Availbale memory SD card, internal and RAM.
- Running apps. In hidden menu I have only Android keyboard running and, when I connect to USB the Media app to offer MTP access to SD card. If you remove USB the app should stop (disappear from list).

Btw. I found no option to clear the cache of the apps.

After all this was checked, we can go ahead...

br HE

Btw. I found no option to clear the cache of the apps.
Go to all apps. Select wanted. All further is as in any android device.

- Availbale memory SD card, internal and RAM.
SD card can be simply removed if there is a possibility to point the problem in this direction. Internal RAM is more or less. Due to no possibility (virtualy) to add third-party applications, there all should be fine.

- Running apps. In hidden menu
How to obtain this menu if only the choice is OK on the screen? Flighmode application is a launcher. Without the launcher, you didn't access to the rest of the system.

And the last, which is strange for me. These devices are with unbreakable hardware from the point of the system. They can be flashed, reflashed, and over flashed zillion times without any risk. Where is the reason to do a lot of things, with almost predictable no success, when you can upload a fresh system, reset it (wipe it) and make a new model, and so on?

I'm talking from a personal experience. I crashed the DB file with curves and other things. Uploaded it after some modifications, which are just added but the file wasn't closed properly. The result was a boot loop with Fligmode stopped message. No ADB, no launcher, nothing... Stay focused on one far point without real vision to it I realized that the best is to start from a device like a new one...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval