Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST-16 Calibration ( secret menu )

Reaction score
For your information

On the ST-16. When you access the secret menu and do the calibration test for the ST-16. it's important that the TILT and the Turtle / Rabbit sliders are set to the middle. ( not at the top, not at the buttom, but in the middle )

On the flight mode screen

Tap the system settings
Tap the About Controller many times

this will open the secret menu

You will see:

ENTER TEST
HW TEST
WIFI TEST
CALIBRATE TEST
HDMI SETTINGS
FIRMWARE UPGRADE

My Gimbal would not pan well. It would not go to horizon and always stay below the horizon.

I did several Gimball calibrations, i could see the camera going up and doing is thing perfectly fine. But the camera would always point a bit down.

I could see it wasn't a gimbal problem.

( this calibration could be usefull for H that drift and can't keep a perfect hoover )

I tried to calibrate the ST-16 many times, and the pan slider in HARDWARE MONITOR would always behave differently. ( not going completely up on the HARDWARE MONITOR when the slider was physically completely up )

That's when i understood that the pan " slider " probably needed to be in a certain position before doing the calibrations.

I tried it starting in the center position and sure enough, my problem was gone.

The gimbal is now working as it should.

Go in CALIBRATE TEST then, press START ( at the buttom )
Press all the butons they ask you untill they become GREEN.

once all of them are green. Press NEXT ( at the buttom )

Re-do the same thing with all the buttons on the remote. ( ALL OF THEM EVEN CAMERA OR CAMCORDER )

Once you are done, all icons should be green. Press FINISH at the buttom and go back to the FLIGHT MODE SCREEN.

Go to HARDWARE MONITOR and check that the behavior of all your " buttons / sticks / sliders " are behaving normally.

If not, remake the calibration.

When doing the calibration, it's important to push the sticks all the way in all working directions. ( up / down / left / right )

Toggle switches that have 3 positions need to go in all of those 3 positions in order to calibrate.

I wouldn't recommend to go in this setting unless you are deseperate ( like i was ) and have tried everything you think you should have tried.

In my case, i did the GPS calibration, Compass calibration, gimbal calibration / i checked to see if my firmware were up to date. Removed the battery. Made a complete factory reset. Re-Binded both the H and the ST-16. Remade all those calibrations. Made the gimball calibration 4 or 5 times. Then, tried the ST-16 Calibration.

I was desesperate and had nothing to loose !

Be aware this could maybe F*** up you H.

I wanted to share this with you, and this makes me a place to go back to if i ever feel the need to remake a calibration.

Centering of the sliders is part of the instructions Yuneec CS provides when helping people calibrate their ST-16's. If your H ever starts a fast and continuous beeping sequence it's likely telling you the ST-16 lost calibration and needs to be re-calibrated using what was referenced in the earlier post.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I have now had to do this 3 times with my ST16. I'm losing a bit of love for the H and the controller. I've opened a case with Yuneec on it and might return the controller as I don't think there is a valid reason to lose connection between the drone and controller this many times within a month.

Is your controller getting bounced around during transport? I've had to do mine a couple times but I attribute that to when I had in laying on part of a sleeping bag in the back of my P/U.

This is an absolute gem of a post. Solved several issues with my ST16 sticks and also the camera tilt mode. Thank you!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Dunn
Hi, Can anyone tell me why my H landing gear will go up in flight but will not go down in flight.
I need to grab it underneath in hover then switch motors off I then switch off the aircraft and then
switch it on again and landing gear lowers, I am puzzled it must be the switch on the st16.
The unit is new and would have only raised gear 5 times.
Thanks for any advice.
JV

Hi, Can anyone tell me why my H landing gear will go up in flight but will not go down in flight.
I need to grab it underneath in hover then switch motors off I then switch off the aircraft and then
switch it on again and landing gear lowers, I am puzzled it must be the switch on the st16.
The unit is new and would have only raised gear 5 times.
Thanks for any advice.
JV

Have you gone into the settings above to see if your controller is calibrated?

When I checked my left controller wasn't calibrated.

Go thru the steps and see if everything is working properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi yerricki, Thank you yes i did as you suggested and evrything is working fine.
This only happened today and I started to go over my flying and I think it might be that I was too low
to lower the gear as apparently the H need to at a certain hovering height to lift or lower the gear so
as soon as I can I am going to test this.
Once again thanks.
cheers, JV

Reactions: yerrickl
Hi yerricki, you can easily test this by leaving the props off and turn everything on and hold
the aircraft up and run the motors and flip the gear switch the gear will not go up.
I am not sure of the altitude but something like 10 to 15 feet before it works I believe it's a safety thing.
I will let you know what happens when I test the gear.
Cheers, Jv

Reactions: CHO and yerrickl
My k2 and k3 will not hightlight I have actuacted every movable component on the st 16?

I have the constant beep my r/s thum is just off center

When I go into calibrate test it shows J1-J4 in red, and K1-K3 in red, but when I hit start nothing happens. It just shows that it's on step 3: Calibration, but the buttons stay red. The only option is to click Next. When I do, there's a small delay, then it shows a list of all red buttons that all have the word FAIL in them. Now the only choice on that screen is either Reset, or Finish. Any ideas? Thank you.

Reactions: autam8
Ok, I'll just start by saying I'm dumb and maybe you guys won't laugh so much. It worked well, as soon as I figured out that you actually need to move the controls to have it calibrate them. Got it, and it flies better than it ever has. Thanks for the post.

Reactions: donmcw
Ok, I'll just start by saying I'm dumb and maybe you guys won't laugh so much. It worked well, as soon as I figured out that you actually need to move the controls to have it calibrate them. Got it, and it flies better than it ever has. Thanks for the post.

lol glad you got it working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jester
Me too. Seeing it fly now, I realized it hasn't been quite right in the head since I bought it a few weeks ago. All it took was the ST-16 calibration, so my hat's off to the person that posted it.

Reactions: yerrickl
This ST16 Calibration post needs to pasted on the outside of the box!!! It fixed my toilet bowl, my moon walk, and my possessed gimbal.
Thanks a million Pete, you have prevented human sacrifice, dogs and cats from living together and mass hysteria!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval