Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST 16 Transmitter Tray

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
Like a lot of you, when I got my Typhoon H it did not come with a strap, which didn't really bother me because I did not like the way it attaches at the base of the sun shade. I've now made a tray that has a two-point attachment but the tray also doubles as a stand that holds the transmitter firmly using rubber cushions all around and a latch at the back. The tray allows the Transmitter to be laid flat or it can be stood up to see it while working from a desktop. Its made from 2.5 mm carbon plate and is very light yet incredibly strong and works independently of the sun shade which; can be attached and removed while the transmitter is tray is being worn.

Tray18.jpg

Tray20.jpg

Tray21.jpg

Tray25.jpg

Last edited:
Like a lot of you, when I got my Typhoon H it did not come with a strap, which didn't really bother me because I did not like the way it attaches at the base of the sun shade. I've now made a tray that has a two-point attachment but the tray also doubles as a stand that holds the transmitter firmly using rubber cushions all around and a latch at the back. The tray allows the Transmitter to be laid flat or it can be stood up to see it while working from a desktop. Its made from 2.5 mm carbon plate and is very light yet incredibly strong and works independently of the sun shade which; can be attached and removed while the transmitter is tray is being worn.

View attachment 8058

View attachment 8060

View attachment 8061

View attachment 8062
It looks like you are onto something there. The design looks solid. I am curious though, what is the unit on top of the sun shade. I have been looking for an external recorder, is that what it is? If so, what brand and model?

Murray, you are correct; that is an HD recorder. It is an AGPtek video recorder I picked up on Amazon - LINK - I made a connector to run it on battery power and the battery is velcro'ed under the tray so it is totally portable. I am working on a video that shows the whole setup.

Murray, you are correct; that is an HD recorder. It is an AGPtek video recorder I picked up on Amazon - LINK - I made a connector to run it on battery power and the battery is velcro'ed under the tray so it is totally portable. I am working on a video that shows the whole setup.
Looking forward to seeing that. Send me a message when it is completed if you wouldn't mind. I have multiple uses for that setup.

Reactions: Wakeborder2
I was at TyPilot's house last week, got to see this first hand. Very very solid, I plan on purchasing one. On the back is a snap clip on to the ST16 handle, shook it around, it will not fall off.:cool:

I'm in too. Let me know when they are available, with or without strap. Really like the latch on the back...
You must have access to a water jet.

Tom O.

Hi All , Merry Christmas and a great 2018 coming up. I have just purchased a Hoodman belt and holder for the St 16. It is fantastic, we'll made top quality. It was after I read a thread with CraigCam mention it . It leaves your hands and arms free and no weight on your neck. This looks really good also, but still hangs off your neck. When doing a full day of roof inspections it does become heavy, I have found with the belt and fittings you can even run with it on and no way of the St16 coming loose. This looks great also, I would be interested in getting one also for my other St16 and H just to see which is better for our work. Please count me in for one and when you are organized we can touch base and pay for it and post it to Australia. I will keep looking for updates ,this forum is full of innovative people and is great to be a member of it. Thank you, John Hennessy. ( Australia ) Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Fantastic work Ty Pilot. Love the design and the concept. I have always flown with a modified neck strap from my earlier RC setups, but don't currently use a transmitter tray for the ST16. I would be very interested in hearing about availability and pricing when you have everything in place.

Just a quick update on the Transmitter Tray. I've asked my CNC guy to get me a cost on the Carbon Fiber Parts; but I have also asked to get a price on a fiberglass material (RF4-G10) that will be just as good but less expensive. As soon as I hear from him, I will look at the rest of the parts and get a price for those who want one and will send you a PM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval