Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10+ startup problem

Reaction score
I took apart my st10+ to repair a split in the case front. This involved lifting the main boards which I did carefully and got it all back together then devided to test by connecting the battery with the back off, but now it doesnt start. the screen says yuneec briefly then goes off and this happens repeatedly. Eventually when i turn it off again, a tiny orange led glows in the main rf board (shown) and a red light glows above the power switch and a single beep sounds. Im wondering if I damaged or failed to connect the micro ribbon cable shown. Can anyone advise please? Also what is the tiny round sensor at the bottom of the case that sits in a small red plastic holder??

Attachments

• IMG_20211115_194846.jpg
    IMG_20211115_194846.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20211115_194855.jpg
    IMG_20211115_194855.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
I took apart my st10+ to repair a split in the case front. This involved lifting the main boards which I did carefully and got it all back together then devided to test by connecting the battery with the back off, but now it doesnt start. the screen says yuneec briefly then goes off and this happens repeatedly. Eventually when i turn it off again, a tiny orange led glows in the main rf board (shown) and a red light glows above the power switch and a single beep sounds. Im wondering if I damaged or failed to connect the micro ribbon cable shown. Can anyone advise please? Also what is the tiny round sensor at the bottom of the case that sits in a small red plastic holder??

Are you sure the battery is fully charged?

Also, check the ribbon orientation. There should be a white line across the ribbon lined up with edge of the connector. It is not visible in the picture. That might just be the angle of view but seems worth checking. And the one on the RF Module end is often hidden inside the connector anyway. The big "bend" in the cable is supposed to be tucked down between the boards. That suggests the possibility the ribbon is installed upside down. Not real sure if that matters for this ribbon but for some ribbons it does.

Lines.jpg

"a tiny orange led glows in the main rf board (shown) and a red light glows above the power switch and a single beep sounds."
Those are normal during power up. Did you also hear a brief, heavy, buzzing sound?

"Im wondering if I damaged or failed to connect the micro ribbon cable shown"
Possibly. But if the ribbon is unplugged, the controller will not even give you the indications you mentioned above.

"what is the tiny round sensor at the bottom of the case that sits in a small red plastic holder??"
It's a microphone. It has no function on a controller. I have heard it is only there because Android requires a microphone on any device running their system.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop