Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST12 random beeping while flying

Reaction score
I just purchase a refurbed Q500 and it came with an ST12 controller instead of the ST10+. All seems fine except the controller randomly beeps and I can’t figure out why. I was flying without a card so not sure if this could be it. Any thoughts much appreciated.

I don't think the beep is related to the card. I just removed the card from an ST12, bound it to a Q500, and flew a few minutes in hover about 10 ft. altitude. No beeps.
Is the beep sound a sharp "Beep", or more of a Buzz?
Did you notice any changes on-screen, such as loss of GPS, warning screens, any differences from normal indications?
Is the interval between beeps completely random, or does it seem to follow some pattern. Especially, does it seem to occur in coincidence with any control function?

I don't have much to offer. However, many odd behavior issues can be cleared by deleting the existing model, creating a new Model, and binding the ST-12 to the new model.
I would also check the "hardware monitor", and look for any responses that are jerky, uneven, slow to activate, slow to return, etc.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Completely random with no identifiable screen indication. Not associated with a particular function. I will do as you suggest. Thank you for taking the time to trying to reproduce. Will post response with results.

It is normal to beep when the camera angle adjustment (K1) and the speed (K2) are moved. Mine does not beep when the landing gear (S1) is actuated. (I think S1 is what you meant by "left toggle"?) However, mine does beep if you rotate the camera Yaw knob (K3). The difference in (S1) and (K3) doesn't seem important, especially since they have no purpose on a Q500.
These beeps are just audible feedback of control movement.
Sounds like your ST12 is OK.

Any idea of how to kill these beeps? Remove the wires to the speaker is the last, but probably someone has a more elegant solution?

If someone knows where is this annoying beep mp3, I'll replace them with click or silence or something more appropriate. As I did with starting sound, now is just silence.

A rapid beeping is caused by the pitch and roll stick failing to be centered. Moving the stick slightly may null the stick to stop the beeping. But cleaning is usually needed.

No, no. There is a beep when the center position of the left stick in Mode 2 is reached. Beep is from the ST10, not from the bird. Probably in other modes too. The idea should be to know when the stick is centered and altitude will be held. Stupid idea. Better will be to hear some sound when you go out from the center position of the throttle. Very often, when the pilot does a stabilized turn, he/she changes the altitude too, which is unacceptable. In this case, some sound will be acceptable for novices but should be switchable.

All the time.

One important thing. I'm using ST10 with H. The controller probably doesn't know much about the rotors... Probably from this sound is presented all the time. So, how to remove it?

Ouch. The ST10 is not really made to fly the H.
The + and - keys should adjust the sound level.

Unfortunately, they don't do this for these sounds. I'll try to replace the sound file with one, full of silence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval