Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16: does it support USB OTG?

Take note, that when using the CGO app to control the camera, you will only have full f-stop increments in shutter speed control, as opposed to 1/3 f-stop increments on the ST-16. And depending on the installed version of the CGO app, a varying degree of lag between live action and visual display. Annoying with the ActionGrip, but potentially catastrophic in flight. So you would not want to give any flight direction to the pilot, based on visual output from the camera.

Last edited:
The lag of the CGO app comes from the video library Yuneec use. Even for the H520 they provide the same library with their SDK.

ST10. The UARTController inside the ST15FlightMode.apk uses a native library which resides in the lib folder of the ST10. You can decompile it and try to get the codes. The FlightMode app of the ST16 works the same.

I see. Since you are obviously more software literate than I am and have dug into the APK a bit let me ask you a question. Have you seen anything that would make you think you could enable pairing the ST16 to other 5.8GHZ wifi cameras? Specifically the CGO1 and/or the Yuneec MK58 modules? I can can pair them to the ST16, but they aren't in the list of choices for cameras so when I exit the setting screen it says something about the camera that is attached not matching the one that was selected (ie the CGO3+). I have no idea if the video streams from these cameras are really different than any of the options the ST16 supports or if it is just that they aren't in the list of supported cameras. I have both of these other devices and if they could be made to work with the ST16 it would make a DIY drone/ST16 combo much more possible for me.

Dylan

Well, yes I think it is possible, because the app loads a bunch of XML configuration files on startup, which contains the details of the requested cam. However, I haven't analyzed the firmware that deeply so I could say how it works exactly. The MK58 and CGO1 have slightly different streaming options, i.e. the live streaming url is completely different compared to CGO2 and 3. But, they require no initialization - basically because they doesn't support it.

What do you mean with pairing? If you only connect them via wifi, this won't be enough, because the app tries to run the INIT_CAMERA command, which returns an error on those cams.

Maybe @Tuna has more knowledge about the details, because he has a ST16 and also the decompiled flightmode app.

For all the effort you're putting into this why not just build your own copter and employ something like Connex or Lightbridge to pump out the video stream to wherever you desire? If time equals $$ you've prolly already spent a lot of money in time and effort to get nowhere.

Assume you have a BMW, which you love. Would you build your own car when you realize, that you already replaced the engine and the wheels? Maybe you feel that the engine is good enough, but it could run much better with some changes to the settings? Would you build your own engine instead?

Been in exactly that spot with cars. Lacking an obsessive/compulsive personality it eventually became evident the numerous alterations so modified the brand intent they were no longer recognizable except it outward body appearance. Often even those departed greatly from the original version.

The solution was derived by sitting down and listing my needs, researching the products that provided the nearest fit, preferably those with open modification options, and buying the one that best fit. That also defines why I bought a 920+ instead of a 520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33