Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the st16+ scene and really needs some assistance getting playstore to work. I have reinstalled apk's cleared caches, memory, deleted all reinstalled, updated, turned the remote off and on....

Nothing is working. I've even swapped memory cards only to re-download with no success. Every time I get as far as I can to download an app I end up with the Error: 0 .

Has someone solved this? i'm kind of afraid to go through a developer site for a fix.

There are ways to get the play store onto the ST-16. Use the forum search (magnifying glass) on the top right of each page.
I DO NOT recommend installing the play store or any other Apps not specifically written for the ST-16. Do you really want to risk some back ground App popping up in the middle of a flight? While many have done it, most do not recommend it. I keep all those things on my phone.

Exactly! Which is why I’m not going through a developer website to fix!!! Tried a couple of the extreme maneuvers and nothing’s working yet. Battery died so I’ll try again “5 hours later”( in my spongebob cutaway voice) lol

Weird because it was already installed on the remote. Brand new!
Playstore is probably a standard app for Android which is the reason it's there. As I recall, on the initial release of the H, the Playstore worked. Apparently it caused some problems with the flight control app and it was disabled in a subsequent firmware update. The only app approved to run on the ST16 is UAV Toolbox. Any others can cause the system to crash during a flight. You would be forced to restart the ST16. It may recover after a reboot as long as you have GPS enabled and it's working properly.

You listed the ST16+ in your original post. Are you flying the 520 or the H?

Playstore is probably a standard app for Android which is the reason it's there. As I recall, on the initial release of the H, the Playstore worked. Apparently it caused some problems with the flight control app and it was disabled in a subsequent firmware update. The only app approved to run on the ST16 is UAV Toolbox. Any others can cause the system to crash during a flight. You would be forced to restart the ST16. It may recover after a reboot as long as you have GPS enabled and it's working properly.

You listed the ST16+ in your original post. Are you flying the 520 or the H?
UAV toolbox? Are you referring to the controllers main screen? If that’s an app, that confirms my need to want to install apps. I’d like to install a weather app. Good to know concerning the crashes. Just sucks that a tablet has to stay basic. But oh well, drone works :)

I have the typhoon H.

Can anyone add audio to their flight while recording video live?

While I have the ST16+ pros in here. Can anyone explain how to turn ips on AND off? I saw a video on YouTube but since the YouTube videos sho older version typhoon h’s... the light patterns and sounds differ and I’d rather hear it from someone here in this site.

I was invited to hover around in the large warehouse near here they use for drone racing during the winter. :)

Weird because it was already installed on the remote. Brand new!

According to Yuneec, during development of the Typhoon H's flight control (FC) programing Playstore was used to form the framework of the FC software. It's only present because of that, and that portion of Playstore used for the framework is not a complete version of Playstore. It's not an active app and not to be used to upload more apps to the ST-16. People see the app icon and immediately think they can start loading extra stuff onto the ST-16, which is just not the case at all.

The pad portion of the St-16 is present to support the flight control system, enable flight modes and automated flight programs, store rough video and image files for on the spot review, telemetry, and provide means to perform firmware and software upgrades. With a lot of work you can process video in the pad but why anyone would want to shoot 1080 or 4k video and process it out at 720p is beyond comprehension, although many have demonstrated a desire to use the ST-16 as a means to view the final imagery product. The Pad in the ST-16 should not be viewed as an extra computer or tablet that is normally used for just about anything the owner desires, and attempting to load it up with apps, programs, music and such will only slow it down, something you don't want to do as it effects the performance of your flight control system. There's also the probability of introducing malware that is often associated with externally developed apps, things Google has no control over. Tuna's UAV Toolbox does not require Playstore to transfer to the pad, and to date is the only app developed specifically for use with the St-16. View the ST-16 as a dedicated tool that is part of the flight system, not as a spare computer or tablet to be loaded up with programs that could reduce it's capability to control the aircraft.

Install the weather app on your phone, although it probably already has one.

I’m not sure what Tunas is. But thanks for the write up. The posts above yours already confirmed what I said about the developer add ons. And another guy mentioned the same thing about the playstore functionality.
I’m only interested in apps that can FURTHER advance the characteristics of utilizing the god and travel history. I’m well aware of how to retrieve the info now, but it would be nice to one button push retrieve this detailed info :) . Anyway, have a wonderful day fellas I’m going to catch some of the rare 40 degree weather before the storm blows in.

Take a few moments to use this site's search function, the little magnifying glass at top right of the screen, to obtain a lot more info about the UAV Toolbox app. Enjoy your weather. I'm heading out to get a few flights in shortly:)

Google works the same way. Start out with a broad generalization and drill it down. Works out really well when we want to learn more about things we know little about.

I’m not sure what Tunas is. But thanks for the write up. The posts above yours already confirmed what I said about the developer add ons. And another guy mentioned the same thing about the playstore functionality.
I’m only interested in apps that can FURTHER advance the characteristics of utilizing the god and travel history. I’m well aware of how to retrieve the info now, but it would be nice to one button push retrieve this detailed info :) . Anyway, have a wonderful day fellas I’m going to catch some of the rare 40 degree weather before the storm blows in.
Tuna is a person with a nice app

Reactions: Bjpilot955
There are ways to get the play store onto the ST-16. Use the forum search (magnifying glass) on the top right of each page.
I DO NOT recommend installing the play store or any other Apps not specifically written for the ST-16. Do you really want to risk some back ground App popping up in the middle of a flight? While many have done it, most do not recommend it. I keep all those things on my phone.
***** New guy here, Any advice, my ST-16 came with Play Store, is it ok to get rid of it or will I need it for some later app? I wonder after seeing this thread. Mine seems to been stopping all Android apps.

It is OK, to do nothing with PlayStore... ignore it... don't delete it... don't start it up... just use the controller as it was designed. The only app for this platform is Tuna's UAV Toolbox as described above. And as mentioned, it does not install through PlayStore.

It is OK, to do nothing with PlayStore... ignore it... don't delete it... don't start it up... just use the controller as it was designed. The only app for this platform is Tuna's UAV Toolbox as described above. And as mentioned, it does not install through PlayStore.
Yea I’ve been abandoned the ideal of playstore activity. And the UAV toolbox isn’t user friendly, none the less it looks even more sketchy! But I am enjoying the heck out of the typhoon H! I’ve taken some great pics with it. Video freezes after a few hundred feet out so I’ve kept my fun limited to just that.

As you gain experience in this forum, you will learn that UAV Toolbox is anything but sketchy... and was developed by one of this forum's most respected members. I do understand your frustration with using this app, but many on this board use UAV Toolbox and are more than willing to assist you in it's use, including the developer. There are a few YouTube videos demonstrating this app, as well.

Short of anything else you could see if you can meet up with someone from this board, that might be able to demonstrate UAV Toolbox 1st hand.

Reactions: Thomas111 and Tuna
As you gain experience in this forum, you will learn that UAV Toolbox is anything but sketchy... and was developed by one of this forum's most respected members.

That's very flattering, thank you.

@Rydogg513 I'm sorry if you're not having a good experience with UAV Toolbox. If you have particular problems, I try to give support here on the forums, you can message me directly, or you can send an email ( info @ uavtoolbox.com ).

As for the PlayStore - it's actually a whole set of software that is 'built into' Android, not just to install apps, but to help them function. Yuneec put the guts of PlayStore on the ST-16 to support the main FlightMode app that you use to control the Typhoon. Unfortunately it didn't install the full PlayStore (that costs a lot extra to license from Google), so you can't use it to install additional apps. However, you shouldn't remove it (or try to 'upgrade' it) as it may break FlightMode in unpredictable ways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval