Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 gimbal accessory

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
I’m looking for a accessory to put over the joystick.
It’s a round accessory with some kind of elastic bands on it so you can “fixated” the rudder in a position you want.
This should be handy to keep a steady direction in any way you want and you can focus on filming.

Does anyone know what the correct name for it is or where I can order this?

Hope to hear from somebody,
Hendrik.

Once you get the hang of it you'll be hooked on it too.
That's true! I'm so hooked on it I never take it off. In fact I have a knob for it to make it much easier to use and a bit harder to remove. I have become so comfortable flying with it in place I don't need to take it off to do anything, because I have complete control over the Steady Drive with the knob.
P1050829a.jpg P1050828a.jpg

Reactions: KellyR
That's true! I'm so hooked on it I never take it off. In fact I have a knob for it to make it much easier to use and a bit harder to remove. I have become so comfortable flying with it in place I don't need to take it off to do anything, because I have complete control over the Steady Drive with the knob.
View attachment 17582 View attachment 17583
Just out of curiosity, how would get full control back on that joystick in an emergency where seconds count?

Just out of curiosity, how would get full control back on that joystick in an emergency where seconds count?
By pulling back on the tall knob just as if the SD were not there. The stick overrides the friction of the slider so I can stop instantly. It's faster than canceling Cruise Control on an H480.

Just a note: The O-ring around the slider and the stick allows the tall knob to apply throttle smoothly as well, rather than pushing the slider with your thumb. With infinitely adjustable friction of the slider it is a very smooth way to operate the aircraft, much like the throttle on a full scale fixed wing aircraft that is easily adjustable, yet stays where you put it, and can be quickly pulled back. I have full control at all times.

Here's a short clip demonstrating how it works.

Details of the mod on request.

Reactions: Phaedrus
By pulling back on the tall knob just as if the SD were not there. The stick overrides the friction of the slider so I can stop instantly. It's faster than canceling Cruise Control on an H480.

Just a note: The O-ring around the slider and the stick allows the tall knob to apply throttle smoothly as well, rather than pushing the slider with your thumb. With infinitely adjustable friction of the slider it is a very smooth way to operate the aircraft, much like the throttle on a full scale fixed wing aircraft that is easily adjustable, yet stays where you put it, and can be quickly pulled back. I have full control at all times.

Here's a short clip demonstrating how it works.

Details of the mod on request.
Sorry I misunderstood, I thought it was flown manually, I wondered why part of joystick and it's function was prevented/ restricted with the installation of the steady drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn