Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16+ SD slot

ST16 +

• Anything helps

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I rely on you veteran pilots

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi, I'm brand new to this forum as far as asking a question. I've been reading a lot of the posts, but haven't found one with my Q & A.
I've just received my H last week and immediately opened the battery door on the ST16 to remove the battery and insert an SD card similar to my Q. This ST16 doesn't have a slot in the same area. I began reading and attempting to locate info on the SD card for the ST 16. I have only found one article mentioning an internal record of all flights recorded for the H within the ST16. I don't know why the SD slot is on the base of the ST16 or what it is for. I've put an SD card in and after two flights took it out and my PC indicated the SD card was blank.
So, I guess I really have two questions. Is there an internal record for the flights that only downloading directly to my PC from the ST 16 will reveal my flight data?
Secondly, what is that SD slot on the bottom of the ST16 for?
Thanks for any help and feel free to point out my errors. LOL

Reactions: John Hennessy
The card is additional storage or a way to get the info out of the ST16. All flight logs are stored on internal storage of the ST16.

OldHire, You can plug the the ST16 via the USB cable into your computer to retrieve the flight data. The SD card was/is used to transfer downloaded firmware updates from your computer to the ST16. However now you can also use OTA (over the air) to update both controller and craft. Of note: there should be some files on the SD card when you get it, manuals and other information. You should make a copy of these and keep them on your computer. When doing manual (not over the air) updates, always use the 16MB card that came with your H and always delete everything on it before you place the update on it.

Reactions: weajr and PatR
Wow, great response time! Thanks to both of you. I had the "feeling" that it was an internal storage after all the research I had done. I have downloaded the 16MB card that came with my H. I didn't know about the OTA update method. Terrestrial Imaging, is where I bought the H and they updated and tested everything before shipping it to me. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, but, they may be tired of my contact for awhile as I really drained their brains for information and they came through. I didn't know about the ST 16 question until I received it.
Thanks againI

Wow. Well, now you know the TH is quite unlike like the Q500.

Forget the ST16 card slot, except for updates or grabbing off the Telemetry records. You apparently figured the correct way to insert the card. A lot of folks try to put it in upside down. Records are kept internally on the ST16 (Android tablet). They automatically overwrite to keep memory storage controlled.

Info is actually on the forum, probably have to dig deeper.
Good luck, you're gonna love the TH. Just go slow.

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum as far as asking a question. I've been reading a lot of the posts, but haven't found one with my Q & A.
I've just received my H last week and immediately opened the battery door on the ST16 to remove the battery and insert an SD card similar to my Q. This ST16 doesn't have a slot in the same area. I began reading and attempting to locate info on the SD card for the ST 16. I have only found one article mentioning an internal record of all flights recorded for the H within the ST16. I don't know why the SD slot is on the base of the ST16 or what it is for. I've put an SD card in and after two flights took it out and my PC indicated the SD card was blank.
So, I guess I really have two questions. Is there an internal record for the flights that only downloading directly to my PC from the ST 16 will reveal my flight data?
Secondly, what is that SD slot on the bottom of the ST16 for?
Thanks for any help and feel free to point out my errors. LOL
I have an SD card loaded with music that I have playing while I fly.

LOL, yes RayRay, I did figure out the the correct way to insert the card and it doesn't rattle around inside the ST 16 as some have stated.

I am already impressed with the differences of the Q and H. Sort of like driving an old Mustang and then getting a nice new red one. :)

I'm being very patient and conservative while learning to fly the H. I like your idea Murray about the music, but I don't even want to be distracted while flying at this stage. I made sure to put my buds away so as not to be tempted.

Thanks to all for the quick responses. I have really enjoyed reading the different subjects everyone posts and it's a great learning tool. Keep it up!

Reactions: Rayray

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy