Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Startup checklist

Reaction score
It would be nice if we could create a startup checklist which would be displayed after everything connects. After you complete each item (check boxes), then it would allow the motors to start. Lack of a file containing a list would just act as it currently does. Most will probably think this is stupid, but Section 333 and the new Part 107 requires a preflight check (and a Flight Log). It's just a good habit to get in. I'm sure DroneCode keeps a Flight Log for his work. For those that are familiar with Mission Planner for the Pixhawks, there is a PreFlight tab on the left that has an editable list (e.g. Verify GPS >=X, telemetry signal X%, battery level X V). Another option would be for someone to create an Android app that displays a checklist, when the list is complete, you hit "Save" and it time stamps it for inclusion as part of your Flight Log (again required for new 107). I've never programmed for Android devices, but maybe this would be a good one for me to learn on?

Actually not a bad idea at all.
Maybe have to tap by Battery voltage √
GPS√. Flight mode√. Then enable motor start.

It would be nice if we could create a startup checklist which would be displayed after everything connects. After you complete each item (check boxes), then it would allow the motors to start. Lack of a file containing a list would just act as it currently does. Most will probably think this is stupid, but Section 333 and the new Part 107 requires a preflight check (and a Flight Log). It's just a good habit to get in. I'm sure DroneCode keeps a Flight Log for his work. For those that are familiar with Mission Planner for the Pixhawks, there is a PreFlight tab on the left that has an editable list (e.g. Verify GPS >=X, telemetry signal X%, battery level X V). Another option would be for someone to create an Android app that displays a checklist, when the list is complete, you hit "Save" and it time stamps it for inclusion as part of your Flight Log (again required for new 107). I've never programmed for Android devices, but maybe this would be a good one for me to learn on?
Yes DroneClone(Code?) does use a handwritten preflight checklist and a log of flights and maintenance done!, I use a Online app, so one on the ST16 would be feasible! Good Idea!. I know I can download it to my 16, but was worried about using to much data and memory and clogging my 16 up !

Had Pixhawk on the mind that forced my fingers to unconsciously type DroneCode vs. DroneClone - sorry 'bout that! Out of curiousity, what online program do you use? I have a hardcopy log but something online would be great.

Reactions: DroneClone
Had Pixhawk on the mind that forced my fingers to unconsciously type DroneCode vs. DroneClone - sorry 'bout that! Out of curiousity, what online program do you use? I have a hardcopy log but something online would be great.
Not a problem my friend, I have been called worse ! LOL ! I am currently using "DroneLogBook", It is quite in dept, but I like it! see link below ! Fly Safely my Friend !;)
DroneLogbook

Has anyone used "Drone Logbook" or "Air Plan 3"?
It looks like they have the same features but not a monthly payment. I'm not sure which one is better. I'm ok paying $7 a month if it is the only way to get the best features.

It looks like they have the same features but not a monthly payment. I'm not sure which one is better. I'm ok paying $7 a month if it is the only way to get the best features.
Only DroneLogbook, when I got it , it was 5.99 for one year!

Drone Logbook looks good but I think I would need the Pro plan and that is $20 month. I guess I will contact them about an annual plan price. Still going to do more research also.

I'm a dinosaur and continue to use a hard copy log book. Pay just once, use for long time. I've always got a pen or pencil but not always a network whenever I fly.

Same here !:confused:
and me.

I have a pre-flight checklist in my Ops Manual (one for the H and one for my Phantoms) and carry a little notebook and pen to log flight details to be used to update my main log book which is in the form of a spreadsheet when I get home. It works for me and costs me nothing.

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval