Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Status of KAV?

Uh oh KAV has my Typhoon H + delivery to them a week ago to the day. No response phone or email. If any of our brother and sister pilots reside in the KC area I will pay for your fuel and a nice meal if you knock on their door we have a number of folks who have trusted $2000.00 aircraft to this outfit and all we want is information. Yuneec needs to step up here, very scary. If it’s a supply chain issue just say so.

Reactions: Hugo50
Thanks so much for all you have done for all of the pilots in this quandary just received an email from Yuneec last night saying KAV is experiencing unexpected difficulties and they hope to have it resolved shortly a bit cryptic but at least an acknowledgement I just hope shortly isn’t forever it’s a scary having my 2000 dollar drone in corporate limbo.

Sounds like YUNEEC is falling apart!

I too have a Typhoon H and Mantis Q and hope I don't have to send them in for repairs.
But they do break down eventually and I'll be fearful to send them in for repair and never see them again.

That's a shame how YUNEEC (or reps) are not even trying to be the drone leader and only the follower of DJI or other manufactures.
I like YUNEEC drones and would like them to take a stronger interest selling their products and having BETTER customer and repair service.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Sounds like YUNEEC is falling apart!

I too have a Typhoon H and Mantis Q and hope I don't have to send them in for repairs.
But they do break down eventually and I'll be fearful to send them in for repair and never see them again.

That's a shame how YUNEEC (or reps) are not even trying to be the drone leader and only the follower of DJI or other manufactures.
I like YUNEEC drones and would like them to take a stronger interest selling their products and having BETTER customer and repair service.
You will find that a new Yuneec USA starting up. There are other options for repair of your Yuneec drones. @Yuneec Skins offers parts and repair options for most of the older Yuneec models.

This thread is quite old. It started with the folding of KAV at the end of 2019. The new Yuneec USA is here us.yuneec.com and @Yuneec Skins is at www.yuneecskins.com

Thank you very much for the info! ... I really want to see YUNEEC succeed with their products - BUT- with all the crazy crap i.e., FCC remote ID and issues with DJI and our great "Homeland Security" seeing that DJI drones are a possible threat to US security .. I wondered if YUNEEC fell into the same issues.

You might also be able to touch base on what YUNEEC's planning on doing for the remote id for their current drones as well as previous models. ????? I find this is a major game changer for us pilots who just enjoy flying in their own locations.

For the older drones compliance will likely be through an add on device developed by a third party, depending on what the final RID specs boil down to. You will see the same with all manufacturers. New models will need to comply from the factory, but thank heavens there is a path for retrofitting our current aircraft. Just hope the modules aren’t too heavy or expensive.

For the older drones compliance will likely be through an add on device developed by a third party, depending on what the final RID specs boil down to. You will see the same with all manufacturers. New models will need to comply from the factory, but thank heavens there is a path for retrofitting our current aircraft. Just hope the modules aren’t too heavy or expensive.
Being too heavy or expensive is my biggest concern also ... We shall see how this pans out .. otherwise most of us will become "outlaws" and take our chances.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval