Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Steady Grip Modification For CGO3+

Reaction score
Just finished this today.

Reactions: John S
is there a special grip to get? i have read conflicting info this actually works so what grip should i buy so it will 100% work okay?

i don't mind a lipo mod and will do that if need be

cheers

is there a special grip to get? i have read conflicting info this actually works so what grip should i buy so it will 100% work okay?

i don't mind a lipo mod and will do that if need be

cheers
If you read my subscription on YouTube....
But here it is.

So I purchased a cheap, in excellent condition, second hand Yuneec Steady Grip from eBay.
I wanted to attach my Typhoon H CGO3+ Camera to it. I tried with 8 AA batteries and after 15 minutes they were flat, but it had at least worked. So I decided to do the LiPo upgrade with a couple of extras.
First thing you need is the Steady Grip.
1. It must have a slide on connector with three pins. (Not just the 3 pin plug)
2. It needs to be the 8 AA battery version, not the 6 AA.
I purchased this battery, it fits perfectly.
Turnigy nano-tech 2500mAh 3S1P 5~10C Transmitter Lipo Pack (Futaba 6EX and 3PKS) (AU Warehouse)
This is the LiPo battery voltage tester and low voltage alarm I used.
Turnigy Lipo Battery Voltage Tester 2-8S and Low Voltage Buzzer Alarm
I also used the XT60Plus plugs.
New XT60plus with Insulating End Cap (5set/bag)
But I have decided to swap these to the EC2 connectors as they are a little smaller and the same as inside the ST16 controller and I already have a charge lead with that type of connector on my LiPo charger.
EC2 Female & Male (5pcs/bag)
One of these 3S JST-XH balance extensions.
JST-XH 3S Wire Extension 20cm (10pcs/bag)
Lastly this great little double pole toggle switch, from Jaycar.
DPDT Flattened Actuator Mini Toggle Switch | Jaycar Electronics

I plan on adding this 2.5A USB adapter when it arrives.
Turnigy USB Power Adapter

If you have any further questions or comments please leave a message below and I will get back to you.
Thanks for watching.

If you read my subscription on YouTube....
But here it is.

So I purchased a cheap, in excellent condition, second hand Yuneec Steady Grip from eBay.
I wanted to attach my Typhoon H CGO3+ Camera to it. I tried with 8 AA batteries and after 15 minutes they were flat, but it had at least worked. So I decided to do the LiPo upgrade with a couple of extras.
First thing you need is the Steady Grip.
1. It must have a slide on connector with three pins. (Not just the 3 pin plug)
2. It needs to be the 8 AA battery version, not the 6 AA.
I purchased this battery, it fits perfectly.
Turnigy nano-tech 2500mAh 3S1P 5~10C Transmitter Lipo Pack (Futaba 6EX and 3PKS) (AU Warehouse)
This is the LiPo battery voltage tester and low voltage alarm I used.
Turnigy Lipo Battery Voltage Tester 2-8S and Low Voltage Buzzer Alarm
I also used the XT60Plus plugs.
New XT60plus with Insulating End Cap (5set/bag)
But I have decided to swap these to the EC2 connectors as they are a little smaller and the same as inside the ST16 controller and I already have a charge lead with that type of connector on my LiPo charger.
EC2 Female & Male (5pcs/bag)
One of these 3S JST-XH balance extensions.
JST-XH 3S Wire Extension 20cm (10pcs/bag)
Lastly this great little double pole toggle switch, from Jaycar.
DPDT Flattened Actuator Mini Toggle Switch | Jaycar Electronics

I plan on adding this 2.5A USB adapter when it arrives.
Turnigy USB Power Adapter

If you have any further questions or comments please leave a message below and I will get back to you.
Thanks for watching.

I have a question about your mod. Hard to see all you did because I haven't taken the Evelynn Wood speed vision course :eek:, (joking)
I have the q500 with 4K, I also have 3 of the old 6AA steady grips. Knowing that the three pins actually go to nothing on the main board would they actually be necessary for a mod for the CGO3 4K;). I'm thinking of doing a mod using these since no one has shown any interest in them. They only take 6 AA batteries and do not have a mode button but I don't see why they couldn't be modified to work, even if it was to get longer shooting time.
If I'm wrong could you redirect my thinking before I do something I'd regret:(.
Thanks in advance

Hi,
So the mode button makes the camera either be controlled via the dial, ie up and down.... Or press the mode button and it stays fixed and you can point the camera up in the air or down at the ground.

You need to have a slide on hot shoe and a way to get power to the gimble.
The three wire slide on connector gives power and the ability to move up and down on the gimble.
You could if you just want steady shots get power to the gimble but I don't think that there is much room in the base to put a large Lipo.
In the 8AA version you can fit a slim 2500 or even a 3000, giving two hours of record time.
Not sure how much space is on the smaller 6AA version.
Hope this helps.
I would suggest that it's not worth doing.

Hi Hayden,
Thanks for the info and suggestions. I do have one more question. After tracing the three wire slide connectors they do not seam to go to anywhere inside the Steady Grip, are you saying they are actually the power to the gimbal? And if so is that where you ran your power to. Again Thanks for your advice and patience.

You could try to connect them to the errors of the three pin plug.
Should be a tx, +pos, -neg
Yes the three or six pins on the slide mount power the gimble.
On the 8AA version they are already connected.
I would think if you have the newer 4K one it would have been ok as the cgo camera uses them. The cgo2 uses the pin connector not the slide connector.

Hi could someone tell me if the Steadygrip works fine with the CGO3+ from the Typhoon H without modding?
I am about to purchase mine and I was thinking of using the CGO3+ with the Steadygrip for Vlogging.

Reactions: Haydn
Yes it does.
No modifications needed if Browser 8AA or large Lipo std battery.
But if it is running on AA batteries it will only last 15 or so minutes.

Yes it does.
No modifications needed if Browser 8AA or large Lipo std battery.
But if it is running on AA batteries it will only last 15 or so minutes.
Ok so I will have to modify it with this lipo mod to get more time out of it. Thanks!

Hi could someone tell me if the Steadygrip works fine with the CGO3+ from the Typhoon H without modding?
I am about to purchase mine and I was thinking of using the CGO3+ with the Steadygrip for Vlogging.

the "Action grip" Not steady grip - from Carolinadronz will work with the Camera from the H I own one :) Oh and battery life is 60-90 minutes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop