Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Still no firmware update that fixes the painful st16 to camera binding time?

Reaction score
Apart from the manual workaround, I'm still not aware of a patch or firmware update that addresses the st16 to camera binding time problem on startup.

Or have i missed something?

Last edited:
Apart from the manual workaround, I'm still not aware of a patch or firmware update that addresses the st16 to camera binding time problem on startup. Or have i missed something?
How long does it take the camera to connect to the ST16?

With EU camera firmware it takes minutes to establish the WLAN hotspot by camera. This is due to EU regulations to scan more channels to avoid distubing weather radar and other radio services.
I'm afraid there will never come a firmware that overrules that. However, we need to be patient here in Europe. On the other hand, this is good for the GPS accuracy, both copter an RC control.;)

bf HE

Can take more than 5 minutes for me in UK. Bit more time to get prepared.

Actually it doesn't quite take 5 minutes for me @Mrgs1, more like 3ish @Steve Carr but there's a quicker workaround I've seen on YouTube which I've yet to try.
Makes good sense what you say @h-elsner , I never thought of that!
And yes i guess it gives more time for more gps satellite links to be established.
I'm relieved to know I'm not alone and even more the explanations above, thanks guys, gotta work on my patience [emoji23]

annoying bit is after waiting for 5 mins take off set the camera up lock wb etc then retract landing gear lose camera signal and have to do it all over again

Also annoying when your drone is half a mile away and your screen goes blank! Had that a few times!
Had that occur but I wait or go higher, probably about 30 seconds then Fpv is restored, 2.4 still functioning all the time.

Reactions: Air Intel
Actually it doesn't quite take 5 minutes for me @Mrgs1, more like 3ish @Steve Carr but there's a quicker workaround I've seen on YouTube which I've yet to try.
Makes good sense what you say @h-elsner , I never thought of that!
And yes i guess it gives more time for more gps satellite links to be established.
I'm relieved to know I'm not alone and even more the explanations above, thanks guys, gotta work on my patience [emoji23]
Can be a bit quicker, but I wait for as many Sat's as possible, if I'm on 15 on copter 11 on controller, I go.

Not a problem, more a quirk of the way we in the UK (EU) have to wait for the WiFi to kick in. Never more than 90 seconds for me, and it's good time for some common sense checks to kick in.
Apart from the manual workaround, I'm still not aware of a patch or firmware update that addresses the st16 to camera binding time problem on startup.

The time it takes for me to bind the cam is 2-4 minutes (EU) in worst case and it's perfect. Why? Then I can't rush up in the air before there is enough sats!

Aha. Thought so. Its only happened on donut sofar, weird.

The donut (mushroom) is an omnidirectional antenna and should be angled up from the ground (so it looks like a mushroom for best radiation pattern). The flat square patch antenna needs the flat front facing the TH. It is a more directional antenna and if not pointed at the TH you will lose the video easier.

I like "donuts", sweet and full of air.o_O I use the donut, I don't have the transmitter pointing at the H at all times.

I wonder what the difference is between all the experinces we have with connection time. I don’t think I ever had to wait for more than 30 seconds for video connection. Control is always instantanious as soon as I power on and the H has booted up.
Usually it’s the sattelites that takes most time to aquire but I’m always ready for takeoff within 2 minutes of opening the case.

Reactions: Air Intel and AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval