Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Still no new firmware for the Yuneec Typhoon H and ST16 in 2017

Why worry about firmware updates unless you are having a problem. You may get something that you do not want, like expanded No Fly Zones that have no real value to air safety.

I agree. It everything is working well, why hurry to fix it? I would much prefer to see Yuneec go slower with their firmware releases and debug them before release.

Amen to that. Only issue I have right now (aside from my H back in Ontario for repairs :() was the latest update (auto pilot 1.30) took away your ability to make height adjustments -responsibly of course. Even, the tech I spoke to concluded this was a bug, I can't help but think it was intentional to keep irresponsible pilots from violating the 400 feet ceiling. You can go back to 1.29 but my attempt yielded unwanted flight characteristics. I'm going to wait patiently for the bug fix...if there is going to be one.

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
Wel since i updated the ST16 and the H my H wont fly anymore.
I have put in some expo on Roll, Yaw andelevation, but not on the throttle.
I got almost no startup reaction when i push the red butten and when it starts up i cannot lift up, i get no reaction from the throttle stick.
Thats why i want to reset the firmware on the H and ST16. In the same time i would like to use the US firmware in place of the EU one.

If you watched the news in the last few days drones are in the news again. Someone may have been flying near airports at around 800 feet or higher. I think that Yuneec and DJI's lawyers are telling them to limit the flight ceiling to 400 feet. The only exception will be commercial pilots with a 107 license.

Reactions: Lenny Woj
I got almost no startup reaction when i push the red butten and when it starts up i cannot lift up, i get no reaction from the throttle stick.
Thats why i want to reset the firmware on the H and ST16. In the same time i would like to use the US firmware in place of the EU one.
Marnix
You need to contact Yuneec to see if they can help you. The problem with any software or firmware update is problems with the downloaded file. The problem can be with the file itself or with the download over the internet.
Try downloading the files again using Chrome rather then Internet Explorer. I have been told that Firefox also works.

That really doesn't sound like a problem with the firmware version, though it may have happened at the same time as you did the install. Check the hardware monitor screen on the ST 16 to confirm that the sticks are giving the full range of input and are centering properly.

I would imagine that with the release of the H920 Plus and the upcoming release of the H520 that Yuneec are doing anything but sleeping at the moment. We'll have to be a little bit patient for firmware updates whilst the new machines are being delivered.

If you watched the news in the last few days drones are in the news again. Someone may have been flying near airports at around 800 feet or higher. I think that Yuneec and DJI's lawyers are telling them to limit the flight ceiling to 400 feet. The only exception will be commercial pilots with a 107 license.

YUNEEC please put in update:

- speed mode with GPS to 70kmh
- turn on/off IPS (i want fly near ground)
(with landing gear up)
- cam manual setting with trim-buttons
- fix of slow flight (without trim trick)
- HDR
- ST10+ as second controller
- Turn off NFZ by button with warning (DJI)
- advanced adjustment flight controller
- speed for cam up down
- reduce latency of flight control
- optimise low light at daylight (it's bad)
- more info about battery in app
- flight log software with pdf export

I had issues with my H after upgrading to the latest firmware. I sent it to Yuneec to be checked out. They changed the GPS module and upper cover. I flew 2 full flights since getting it back and it flew flawlessly. Unless there is a serious issue that needs to be fixed I am not going to updated to the next firmware just to have it. I will wait at least several months for the new firmware to be proven before I upgrade again...

Amen to that. Only issue I have right now (aside from my H back in Ontario for repairs :() was the latest update (auto pilot 1.30) took away your ability to make height adjustments -responsibly of course. Even, the tech I spoke to concluded this was a bug, I can't help but think it was intentional to keep irresponsible pilots from violating the 400 feet ceiling. You can go back to 1.29 but my attempt yielded unwanted flight characteristics. I'm going to wait patiently for the bug fix...if there is going to be one.

I don't think there will be a fix. 400 ft is going to be the limit. At least I still have my original Q500 if I need to go higher....

Where did you hear 400' is going to be the limit? I agree that could happen but it's not in the books now except for 107 operators lacking a waiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you hear 400' is going to be the limit? I agree that could happen but it's not in the books now except for 107 operators lacking a waiver.

I didn't hear anything it's just my hunch. Before the last software upgrade you could adjust your max altitude above 400'. Now after the last upgrade you are limited to the FAA part 107 400' rule by coincidence? Now, I don't have the slightest clue or know anything about writing programs. But like I said since the limit wasn't there on the previous version I'm guessing somebody had to go into the software an specifically change that line of code to set a 400' limit. M5zealot said Yuneec tech told him it was a bug. To me a " software bug" means an unintensional or unexpected result. Now if the bug caused the limit to be 100' or 200' then I could believe it was a bug and you can be sure Yuneec would have came out with a "fix" in a day or two. But since the limit was changed to the exact same limit as the FAA 400' rule this wasn't a bug. Yuneec is covering their *sses from liability from any accidents. If it was a bug Yuneec would have fixed it immediately..This is just my take on it. Hopefully I'm wrong and Yuneec will change it soon

Reactions: FlushVision
I'm sure the limit was written into the code for the previous update.

Something of interest though is the "FAA 400' rule". It is only a rule for commercial operators. For recreational flyers is is an agreement consented to within the amateur operator aircraft registration form. It is bot codified in law, not approved by Congress, and did not get vetted through the NPRM process. In short, I do bot believe it to be enforceable for hobby level operators. Adding to that position is the FAA permitting those flying within the safety guidelines of a community based organization to violate the 400' agreement.

People really need to become cognizant of the facts, not internet legend or hearsay. Everyone has to be on the same page with this stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guest22
For clarification, the only Yuneec UAV that has the 400' height restriction is the Q500 (You need to call them to send you the waiver). The Typhoon H does not have the height restriction (It is defaulted to 400'). Yuneec is aware of not being able to change the ceiling via the GUI, and the next firmware update will fix this.

This is from a Yuneec customer service agent.

For clarification, the only Yuneec UAV that has the 400' height restriction is the Q500 (You need to call them to send you the waiver). The Typhoon H does not have the height restriction (It is defaulted to 400'). Yuneec is aware of not being able to change the ceiling via the GUI, and the next firmware update will fix this.

This is from a Yuneec customer service agent.

That is not true. I own the first generation Q500 (not 4K) and an H. There is no 400' restriction on the Q500.

She did mention that it is for the Q500. Maybe she forgot to mention it was for the newer 4k model?!

This is my only gripe with Yuneec. Lack of a properly documented manual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin