Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Still no new firmware for the Yuneec Typhoon H and ST16 in 2017

Many have experienced a issue changing the altitude limit in the H GUI. If you cannot change it, it might be viewed as a restriction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why worry about firmware updates unless you are having a problem. You may get something that you do not want, like expanded No Fly Zones that have no real value to air safety.

I would like the ability to adjust altitude above 400ft. returned. It was part of the original firmware that was sold to me.

Yuneec has to be adding Waypoints functionality to the next H480 firmware. Only reason this is taking so long. :confused:

I sure hope so. It's listed as a feature on the H520, and there is no reason why the H480 can't do it.

Waypoint flight mode
The programmable waypoints allow variable altitude approaches and different actions to take place at each key point. Geomapping enables reliable data on the landscape and buildings to be generated. In the waypoint mode, the pilot can mark points on a map between which the H520 will fly. When doing this, the altitude, camera alignment and tilt (including alignment on a POI) can be individually set for each point. The interpolation between the points can either take the form of a straight line or a curve, as is the case with the curve cable cam. The pilot is able to select the flight speed between the individual waypoints (up to 30 km/h). After the task has been completed, the H520 can land, return, wait or start from the beginning.

waypoints-f2a7002d.jpg

Unless they follow what the other Chinese Manufactures do. If you want the upgrade you have to buy the new model. I hope this is not the case

Reactions: zandoli
Yuneec has done a pretty good job listening to their customers and adding features. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will do this with Waypoint Flight Mode.

yuneec? what's with update?

...and yuneec have told me directly CGO CI have same chip.... then don't name this Cinema - cam

and by the way i have since 6month problems with this copter , have found all issues that can happen (really all) i have copter number 6 and some days ago i wanted fly around 0 degrees... i start motor , but the copter don't lift. after check the st16 control monitor ... i see my left stick work only 20% or it moves to 80 and fall slow down and so on... so my left stick is damaged and i can send in (for number 7?)

i think i have enough of this trouble with typhoon h. i like the concept. i like the 360 shoots, landing gear, stable in wind...

but i hate
- i can't fly slow
- cam quality (white balance, sharpness, distortion, quality in low light) is far away from DJI
- Cam settings don't work 100%
- no speed control for automatic flights
- 120m issue
- no details of battery info
- no good discription how to put off ips

Last edited:
my gripe with Yuneec is that they dont tell you anything, restrictions, limitations and firmware changes that add the same. operators flying outside the law is irresponsible......and criminal...... but at the same time this is the way our society is anymore...... all we want is our own pleasure the **** with anyone else.........

there is only one thing i like to see.. a faster connect from the console to the TH his camera. sometimes it takes 5 minutes till there is a connection. complete rubbish

Mine was slow, initially. A couple firmware updates and now it's about a minute, maybe a little longer. Are you on the latest firmware?

Wel since i updated the ST16 and the H my H wont fly anymore.
I have put in some expo on Roll, Yaw andelevation, but not on the throttle.
I got almost no startup reaction when i push the red butten and when it starts up i cannot lift up, i get no reaction from the throttle stick.
Thats why i want to reset the firmware on the H and ST16. In the same time i would like to use the US firmware in place of the EU one.

Hi Marnix,
Of you install the US version and fly in Holland you're using frequencies which may not be used in Europe. These US frequencies interfere with other frequencies used in Europe. So you can experience unexpected behaviour (crashes, flyaway) because of these frequencies. So that's why there is a EU version.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: THoff
Why worry about firmware updates unless you are having a problem. You may get something that you do not want, like expanded No Fly Zones that have no real value to air safety.

You are absolutely right iride4u, I live in the in Maryland near Washington DC and I can't pretty much fly anywhere whereas my buddy just got the DJI Mavic and can't fly anywhere around here. We have to drive 10 to 15 miles away for his drone to work. We don't need that!

I agree if your not having valid reason to upgrade leave it be. As for the 400 ft limit, too many dumb shits have screwed that up. Remember the YouTube videos of idiots going to 4000' or sitting up at the end of a runway? That is who spoiled it. I have taken beautiful pics and vids all below 400'. I am also a General aviation pilot that flys a home built experimental plane. I don't want idiots in my airspace. Now let me clarify. I'm not calling you idiots, but you know who I'm talking about. This is a great sport but it depends on people taking responsibility. Ok my rant is done. For today...

Reactions: m5zealot
A friend had his in for a GPS issue and was asked did he want it returned now or let them hold it two to three weeks so they could install the new firmware when it comes out.

So taking from that we are expecting new firmware in two to three weeks,
Don't think they would hold a customers machine if it was'nt due in the time stated.

Well my H flies at 395 ft and that's high enough but I live on a hill and the sheriff helicopters and private planes keep flying at about 200 ft over me for some reason and the airport hear has no one in tower to call to let them know I'm flying . I can hear them coming but can't see them over trees to their almost to me .I thought they had to fly about 500 ft.

Amen to that. Only issue I have right now (aside from my H back in Ontario for repairs :() was the latest update (auto pilot 1.30) took away your ability to make height adjustments -responsibly of course. Even, the tech I spoke to concluded this was a bug, I can't help but think it was intentional to keep irresponsible pilots from violating the 400 feet ceiling. You can go back to 1.29 but my attempt yielded unwanted flight characteristics. I'm going to wait patiently for the bug fix...if there is going to be one.

Have you tried the following:

"So here it is tried and tested for anyone who is trying to roll back from 3.01 to 3.0.

This keeps the other 3.01 settings and only rolls back the 1.3 Flight controller included in 3.01 to FC to the FC 1.29 included in the 3.0 update, and thereby removing the 119m height restriction.

This is updating via the GUI and slightly different from updating from other settings via the GUI, so follow the steps exactly. (The power button on the H is never touched in the whole process - the H remains off, the USB supplies power directly to the FC board).

1. Download the 1.29 flight controller from here Dropbox - TyphoonH_FC_V1.29_21_10_2016.yuneec
2. With the H powered off - connect the short supplied USB to the bottom of the H body - do not connect the USB to the PC yet!
3. Launch the GUI
4. In the GUI go to Tools>Firmware Update
5. Select the downloaded 1.29 Flight controller from step 1.
6. Plug the USB into the PC - (Do not power on the H - The USB cable provides power directly to the Flight control board, the H will not light up).
7. As soon as the GUI see's the H it will load the 1.29 Flight controller.- Wait until the progress bar is finished and you will get a Firmware success message - Click Yes.
8. Unplug the USB and Reboot the H.
9. Calibrate the compass and accelerometer.

That's it...I've just tested and flown above 119m I still have the dual redundancy wifi and other features of the 3.01 showing on the ST16."

I did this exactly to the tee and got GREAT results. I haven't had not one single problem with my H. I've gotten up to 850ft... (i did this to get farther down range). I was at a park that time with trees towering well above 50ft. LOS was horrendous (i'm talking i lost LOS at 900ft away because of the trees)... but the drone flew 2300ft perfectly without video loss and telemetry (this was on a stock antenna).

I've heard great things about the new FPVLR antenna's (plus boosters). Carolindronez also sells the 2.4ghz antenna upgrades that goes directly on the H. I'm going to post that soon.

Reason for the height change needs is that the only way to get a telemetry and video to stick is to get the drone higher... unless your LOS is great due to a very wide open space (talking pastures here, LOL).

Anyway, try the steps above... no bugs AT ALL! I've flown MANY MANY MANY times flawlessly.

Have you tried the following:

"So here it is tried and tested for anyone who is trying to roll back from 3.01 to 3.0.

This keeps the other 3.01 settings and only rolls back the 1.3 Flight controller included in 3.01 to FC to the FC 1.29 included in the 3.0 update, and thereby removing the 119m height restriction.

This is updating via the GUI and slightly different from updating from other settings via the GUI, so follow the steps exactly. (The power button on the H is never touched in the whole process - the H remains off, the USB supplies power directly to the FC board).

1. Download the 1.29 flight controller from here Dropbox - TyphoonH_FC_V1.29_21_10_2016.yuneec
2. With the H powered off - connect the short supplied USB to the bottom of the H body - do not connect the USB to the PC yet!
3. Launch the GUI
4. In the GUI go to Tools>Firmware Update
5. Select the downloaded 1.29 Flight controller from step 1.
6. Plug the USB into the PC - (Do not power on the H - The USB cable provides power directly to the Flight control board, the H will not light up).
7. As soon as the GUI see's the H it will load the 1.29 Flight controller.- Wait until the progress bar is finished and you will get a Firmware success message - Click Yes.
8. Unplug the USB and Reboot the H.
9. Calibrate the compass and accelerometer.

That's it...I've just tested and flown above 119m I still have the dual redundancy wifi and other features of the 3.01 showing on the ST16."

I did this exactly to the tee and got GREAT results. I haven't had not one single problem with my H. I've gotten up to 850ft... (i did this to get farther down range). I was at a park that time with trees towering well above 50ft. LOS was horrendous (i'm talking i lost LOS at 900ft away because of the trees)... but the drone flew 2300ft perfectly without video loss and telemetry (this was on a stock antenna).

I've heard great things about the new FPVLR antenna's (plus boosters). Carolindronez also sells the 2.4ghz antenna upgrades that goes directly on the H. I'm going to post that soon.

Reason for the height change needs is that the only way to get a telemetry and video to stick is to get the drone higher... unless your LOS is great due to a very wide open space (talking pastures here, LOL).

Anyway, try the steps above... no bugs AT ALL! I've flown MANY MANY MANY times flawlessly.

Thanks for this. Yes I followed the same directions you did. Apparently this was from Yuneec themselves. However, others in here and a video from Yuneec UK adds a step of deleting old flight information on the ST-16. This is the only thing I didn't do because this step is not listed in the steps you posted either and could have caused my issues. I have no need to go above 400 feet right now since that was only on rare occasions so I'll wait. The sick feeling one gets in their stomach when they can't control such an expensive toy is something I don't like to repeat often. If you can explain why some birds are not effected negatively by updates and some not, you will be a rich man! :)

Yuneec does record all issues you call into them and becomes part of your entire profile. The tech told me to NOT do this again. I will comply because they can use any future problems to what I did and not honor warranty claims.

Last edited:

I don't understand this. I have trees all around, many much higher than 50', and my signals "stick" just fine with the craft below 400', out to 3500' feet or so (only while testing). Could you expand on your statement please?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33