Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strange "warning" sound from the H

Reaction score
Today it was the 2nd time the H gave a sound (same as the start up sound) but continously until I switched off the ST16...Purple flash and sats ok. Tried three times, same problem. took out the ST16 and H batteri and started all over....same continously sound. Checked Angel mode of course... took a few steps away from the H and started the motors despite the terrible sound, and the sound stopped... Then everything worked fine. What was the issue? Any clue? Scary as it was the second time in three month...

I would suggest a firmware update and complete recallibration! Also, view your telemetry. My H had loads of compass calibration warnings i had missed before i got UAV toolbox.

I would suggest a firmware update and complete recallibration! Also, view your telemetry. My H had loads of compass calibration warnings i had missed before i got UAV toolbox.
Thanx, I will!

was it a continous beeping? if the right joystick is stuck a little or maybe needs calbrated it will beep continiously when starting up

was it a continous beeping? if the right joystick is stuck a little or maybe needs calbrated it will beep continiously when starting up
Yes, cont. just the same sound when the neckstraps touch the joysticks.but I checked that too.
Quite embarrising as it was the first assigment with that client...but I kept cool...I think..:D

Make sure the joystick is not dirty or excessive dust in it. Mine will do that once in a while I ordered a replacement joystick in case.

I know i mentioned calibration...but how do you calibrate the sticks?

I have done it before but don't remember exactly, I think you may find a video on YouTube try searching claibrate st-16 something like that

Checked Angel mode of course... took a few steps away from the H and started the motors despite the terrible sound, and the sound stopped... Then everything worked fine. What was the issue? Any clue? Scary as it was the second time in three month...

Indeed puzzling. But even in Angle Mode, do not spin the props unless you (and the ST16) are a safe distance away, say 10' or 15'. This is for your personal safety.

The H was telling you it was not safe to fly. Never, ever over ride system warnings simply because you want to fly. Do this in full scale and you can die. At this level you can lose your H or injure someone else. Had something happened where an injury was sustained an investigation of the telemetry would have shown the warning. Flying anyway would be declared "reckless operation of an aircraft" and left you in a world of legal hurt. Modelers/amateurs are just as bound by this regulation as commercial operators are.

Constant fast rate beeping is your system telling you it is out of calibration at the ST-16 side. It's an easy, 5 minute fix that can be done anywhere. There have been times the calibration needed to be done again a few flights later for whatever reason. Could be because the 16 was treated roughly in transport, bumped around in handling, or a slightly stuck gimbal. Doesn't matter really, do a new calibration before any attempt to fly. You got lucky...this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadowolf
The H was telling you it was not safe to fly. Never, ever over ride system warnings simply because you want to fly. Do this in full scale and you can die. At this level you can lose your H or injure someone else. Had something happened where an injury was sustained an investigation of the telemetry would have shown the warning. Flying anyway would be declared "reckless operation of an aircraft" and left you in a world of legal hurt. Modelers/amateurs are just as bound by this regulation as commercial operators are.

Constant fast rate beeping is your system telling you it is out of calibration at the ST-16 side. It's an easy, 5 minute fix that can be done anywhere. There have been times the calibration needed to be done again a few flights later for whatever reason. Could be because the 16 was treated roughly in transport, bumped around in handling, or a slightly stuck gimbal. Doesn't matter really, do a new calibration before any attempt to fly. You got lucky...this time.
You are right PatrR ! But how do I calibrate the ST16??

Ok...ParR says: "I wouldn't recommend to go in this setting unless you are deseperate" and " Be aware this could maybe F*** up your H"... Well as I have been in the air three times (31minutes) after the beeping and all works great now I will wait to calibr. the ST16.

I suppose you have a rig that loves beeping! Nothing to worry about.
Carry on!

:cool:
Well, I am not sure about that, but it has worked flawless for over a year and has payed off approx 5,5 times its cost.. Has been in the air 65hrs! One prop crashed - my fault!

Ok...ParR says: "I wouldn't recommend to go in this setting unless you are deseperate" and " Be aware this could maybe F*** up your H"... Well as I have been in the air three times (31minutes) after the beeping and all works great now I will wait to calibr. the ST16.

Would you please provide a link to where it is said I made those statements? It's certainly not residing in the ST-16 Calibration thread linked above. Calibration is a very simple process and one I have done several times. In fact I was the first one that conveyed this beeping issue (AKA beeps of death) to Yuneec and we found the solution to the problem during the course of the phone call. I was also the first one to mention the secret menu in this forum and describe the process used for calibration. The only recommendation I will provide people that experience constant beeping is to use the ST-16 calibration procedure. It is what's required to effectively resolve the problem, and the only way you have to verify your system is functioning correctly. Do it or not, it's on you from this point forward.

Would you please provide a link to where it is said I made those statements? It's certainly not residing in the ST-16 Calibration thread linked above. Calibration is a very simple process and one I have done several times. In fact I was the first one that conveyed this beeping issue (AKA beeps of death) to Yuneec and we found the solution to the problem during the course of the phone call. I was also the first one to mention the secret menu in this forum and describe the process used for calibration. The only recommendation I will provide people that experience constant beeping is to use the ST-16 calibration procedure. It is what's required to effectively resolve the problem, and the only way you have to verify your system is functioning correctly. Do it or not, it's on you from this point forward.
Hi PatR, sorry if I mixed you with another guy!

EDIT: Sorry it was Peter Venkman
ST-16 Calibration ( secret menu )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20