Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Take your guesses :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a heat sink like that it could very possibly be high intensity LED lighting for photographic purposes or night time SAR operations.

With a heat sink like that it could very possibly be high intensity LED lighting for photographic purposes or night time SAR operations.
another good idea. but far from the truth... my only hint is...has to do with connection to the craft.

another good idea. but far from the truth... my only hint is...has to do with connection to the craft.
Setting it up to allow for a tether.....no battery needed in the craft to fly, as it will be on the ground? But that still does not explain the switch.

Decided to amplify the stock cooling. Tested on a 2 hour antutu benchmark and temps on the cpu package are actually 5 degrees cooler with the heatsinks on and NO fans in the ST16. No need for noisy fans anymore! Haha
IMG_20200305_012345.jpg

Reactions: Murray Martz
Were all getting old and slowly deaf, we don't hear them or they don't bother us anymore. Most have perfected selective hearing by now.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Is it a major problem overheating in the ST16? Obviously running at the correct temperature is ideal, not seen too many threads about overheating in the controller, seen a few about fans giving up and the controller failure. So this is to run alongside the fans or to disable the fans?

Is it a major problem overheating in the ST16? Obviously running at the correct temperature is ideal, not seen too many threads about overheating in the controller, seen a few about fans giving up and the controller failure. So this is to run alongside the fans or to disable the fans?
Nothing to do with the project I'm working on here, just decided to throw a few heatsinks on. Any electronics that run cooler is always a good thing in my opinion

Reactions: PatR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs