Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Team Mode: Sharing screens with cam operator

Reaction score
In another thread @WTFDproject put up an interesting question and I think it's worth it's own thread:
Is it good to have the cam operator's screen shared on the pilot's flight controller or might that be confusing as the view differs from the pilot's "expectation"?

Of course, as we are all flying always LOS there is no need for the pilot to have a look onto the screen as he is always well aware of the flight direction and position of his aircraft ?.
For my H920plus I have an additional cam mounted providing a fpv to a screen on top of my flight controller. That way I got a fpv and, if of interest, the camera's view. Sometimes it's helpful to know what the cam operator is focusing on.
Personally I don't feel confused about the different views but what do you think about it or what are your experiences?

In another thread @WTFDproject put up an interesting question and I think it's worth it's own thread:
Is it good to have the cam operator's screen shared on the pilot's flight controller or might that be confusing as the view differs from the pilot's "expectation"?

Of course, as we are all flying always LOS there is no need for the pilot to have a look onto the screen as he is always well aware of the flight direction and position of his aircraft ?.
For my H920plus I have an additional cam mounted providing a fpv to a screen on top of my flight controller. That way I got a fpv and, if of interest, the camera's view. Sometimes it's helpful to know what the cam operator is focusing on.
Personally I don't feel confused about the different views but what do you think about it or what are your experiences?
Are you using one of the small cameras FPV racers use on their drones that transmit a composite video via 5GHz radio? If so, do you get any type of interference with the WiFi connection to the CGO4?

I have another way of looking at this:

I plan on doing team mode with my daughter who is into photography. I have already warned her of the delay in operating the gimbal controls and seeing the results on her screen. I also recall that the more video feeds you have the longer the delay time becomes. So if the video could be disabled from the pilots controller would that reduce the delay the camera operator experiences?

And for the record. YES, I will be strictly LOS as the pilot and would not use the st16 screen flight orientation.

Having an additional camera mounted on the Typhoon H would be a consideration but since the flight boundaries would be within my ability to perform a LOS flight I don't think I would use that.

If your rig is capable of carrying it, It’s most always beneficial to run two cameras in a dual operator operation. The video recording camera belongs to the photographer while a second camera, set up to provide the aircraft forward view, is dedicated to the pilot.

FPV camera systems can be obtained that transmit on several different frequencies, including 2.4, 5.8, 800, and 900MhZ. The 5.8 versions are usually not an interference concern as they employ a channel select feature that pairs the transmitter with the receiver. That paired frequency remains fixed with no “hop” that might interfere with the aircraft system.

A large benefit with a separate FPV system is that image transmission lag is totally eliminated. They don’t employ WiFi. With a good set up video range can be a whole lot further than you can fly with your battery time limitations. Many of the FPV cams also provide the ability to change lenses to best suit your visual needs.

To get more of an idea, visit Getfpv.com. You’ll need a camera, video transmitter, receiver, battery, and monitor. Many monitors are of the “diversity” type that include a built in video receiver, eliminating the need to purchase a separate receiver. Set the monitor up between the camera operator and the pilot so both can see where the aircraft is going. It makes directional suggestions from the camera operator easier.

Last edited:
Question about dual operator.
Is it possible to have a typhoon plus St16s and a H520 St16s in dual operator mode, with their own software or do we need to have the same pilot app?
And if so, can I have both pilot app in the same ST16S?

Now i have. ;)

For all to know
You can have a ST16s from a H520 and a ST16s from a Typhoon Plus and have a team mode.
Thank you for the link to the video Miguel. A big thank you also goes to Boza Cat for making this wonderful and very informative tutorial video.
Regards.
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Miguel Angelo
A question for the proes. Can I use the Wizard Controller and my 16s with the Skyview FPV goggles so I can control the camera separately from the 16s controller? I have the Skyview goggles and the Wizard on order and they should arrive here in a couple of days. if it works it would save me a lot of cash;)
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
A question for the proes. Can I use the Wizard Controller and my 16s with the Skyview FPV goggles so I can control the camera separately from the 16s controller? I have the Skyview goggles and the Wizard on order and they should arrive here in a couple of days. if it works it would save me a lot of cash;)
Cheers.
Mike
I assume, you own a H+ as you wrote 16s? As far as I know, the Wizard Stick is not compatible to the H+. And even if it does, the Wizard becomes the primary flight control. The Stick lacks the video transmission so video control is always on the ST16.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech