Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH firmware update problem

Reaction score
I was trying to update my Typhoon and my PC decided to disconnect on me. Since then the PC does not recognise the Typhoon and therefore I cannot get the Typhoon GUI to connect and finish updating the firmware. The other small issue is the fact that when you power it up there is no ascending tone or lights, just a lit up power switch and the gimbal straightens out.

My thoughts are that the existing firmware is stuffed and therefore it is an expensive piece of decoration until I can some how reinstall/update the firmware. Any suggestions?

Have you tried the procedure where you tilt the aircraft forward to 45 degrees twice to put it in bind mode?

Reactions: Markinter
People have mentioned that after ST update the PC GUI had to be reinstalled to recognize H. Not sue this will help but it's worth a try. Have you tried using the wizard with the ST off to see if they are bound?

Turn on the ST16 and the H. Tilt the H forward 45 degrees.....2 or3 times. The status light on the H should start flashing orange rapidly which indicates it is in bind mode. If it doesn't start flashing you will have to call Yuneec. If it does start flashing try binding with the ST16.

Reactions: Markinter
That would be great if my Typhoon was switching on the way it should. It's as if the software has forgotten that it is a Typhoon. When I switch it on I can't switch it off. I have to pull the battery

I have exactly the same problem ... what this might be ? Is there a service program with the help of whose is impossible to write it himself firmware to drone ???

You might try this procedure which worked for the Q500. Some of the steps will be a bit different. To access firmware file use the Tools menu. Change the file type to bin.

Firmware Update Failure Fix

If you receive this error when you are trying to update, or open the GUI to access the Typhoon Settings. Follow these steps to correct the error.

1: Turn Off the Typhoon and leave it plugged into the programmer

2: Okay the warning on the GUI Software

3: Select Firmware on the top left corner, and select firmware update

4: Locate the firmware you downloaded from the Yuneec Support website by selecting the 3 dots to the right of the text box. Insure the port section has a Com listed. This can be anything that says COM*.

5: Next select Update

6: Once you get this screen simply power on the Typhoon.

7: The Update will now show a progress bar.

8: Once finished you will receive a confirmation window that asks to restart the Typhoon. Click Finish.

Once you restart the Typhoon you will see the diagnostic window appear.
By Selecting the Device information tab, you can verify the current version of the Firmware:

9: When the update is complete and you have restarted the Q500, click on the Calibration button and do an Accelerometer Calibration. Make sure the Q500 is on a LEVEL surface and does not get moved once you start the calibration.

You may need to do a compass calibration after you start your Q500 outside.

Reactions: mcbutler
You might try this procedure which worked for the Q500. Some of the steps will be a bit different. To access firmware file use the Tools menu. Change the file type to bin.

If you receive this error when you are trying to update, or open the GUI to access the Typhoon Settings. Follow these steps to correct the error.

4: Locate the firmware you downloaded from the Yuneec Support website by selecting the 3 dots to the right of the text box. Insure the port section has a Com listed. This can be anything that says COM*.

8: Once finished you will receive a confirmation window that asks to restart the Typhoon. Click Finish.

By Selecting the Device information tab, you can verify the current version of the Firmware:

9: When the update is complete and you have restarted the Q500, click on the Calibration button and do an Accelerometer Calibration. Make sure the Q500 is on a LEVEL surface and does not get moved once you start the calibration.

so just do not see gui Typhoon like the windows /../ ..

I had the exact same problem.
I was trying to upgrade through the GUI after it failed to update through the camera.
The GUI crashed half way through and left the H in exactly the same state.
Only one beep and no ascending tone. It had some blue LEDS on the internals.
Camera would level with a low tone. It had to go back the H-Q.
I would not try to update firmware through the GUI again.
Dealer did not have a way to load the bios or whatever is the basic OS.
Maybe they have the facility now.
It was a rare problem then apparently but I have seen people on here with it since so its known now.
No problem updating last week through the camera.

I had the exact same problem.
I was trying to upgrade through the GUI after it failed to update through the camera.
The GUI crashed half way through and left the H in exactly the same state.
Only one beep and no ascending tone. It had some blue LEDS on the internals.
Camera would level with a low tone. It had to go back the H-Q.
I would not try to update firmware through the GUI again.
Dealer did not have a way to load the bios or whatever is the basic OS.
Maybe they have the facility now.
It was a rare problem then apparently but I have seen people on here with it since so its known now.
No problem updating last week through the camera.

Thanks for that Charliehorse. I had a funny feeling that it might require a trip to tech support or a dealer to sort it out. I have spoken to the guys on the tech support UK and they will hopefully come back with a solution shortly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval