Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH plus fell out of the sky

Battery installation issue or battery temperature issue?

My son, made a mistake by not fully inserting the battery in the H+ during one of our early morning flights in Hawaii. It was dark and all I have is a phone flashlight and I over looked.

If we examine the battery compartment, because on my H+ there’s no play and when the contacts catch even though it’s not fully locked in place it sits snugly.

Drones do not fly in such a drastic angle even in sport mode. (But for good measures, make sure that it locks properly)

I have been reading “The falling out of the sky” crashes and it made me wonder. Could it also be battery temperature that are causing this? Though rare, but there have been cases where batteries fail completely “The the falling out of the sky” is alarming, because it’s quite rare for a drone to fall out of the sky.

After takeoff, hover between 10 to 12 feet for 30 to 60 seconds to bring up the battery temperature, giving the motors and batteries a chance to warm up. 30sec of hover I’ve recorded with a temp gun, my H+ warms up to 15°c during winter (California winter temp [emoji23]) and 22°c is ideal when I hover above 30sec. I hover for 40sec and 22°c is my ideal temp.

Again, could temperature play a big factor? And contributed to this phenomenon?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval