Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Micro SD Card that came with the H - Brand is "Foresee"

Reaction score
The 16GB Card that came with my H is a Foresee HC1 class u3 and it actually performs well. Is this the same card everyone gets or do the just ship whatever brand they can get the cheapest deal on?
Only reason for the question is that other mfgs (Autel to be specific) sends SanDisk Ultra 64GB cards with every quad. Yuneec seems to take the cheap road and for $1300, this should have all the best accessories included.
16GB MicroSD Typhoon H.jpeg

Class U3 is the best you can get for 4K video recording, so,
I personally do not think they have gone down the cheapskate route!

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
Class U3 is the best you can get for 4K video recording, so,
I personally do not think they have gone down the cheapskate route!
I have goggled the brand and could not find anything about "Foresee". I'll swap it out for a SanDisk Extreme and move this one into an older GoPro. I was just curious about such an off brand.

SanDisk Ultra 64GB micro cards capable of handling the H 4K feed are now going for about 20 bucks on Amazon. I have 2 and they work fine with the H. Is this that much of a problem? I knew what I was getting when I ordered my H.

SanDisk Ultra 64GB micro cards capable of handling the H 4K feed are now going for about 20 bucks on Amazon. I have 2 and they work fine with the H. Is this that much of a problem? I knew what I was getting when I ordered my H.

Just a bit shocked that it is a no name brand and that it is 16GB. Who buys 16GB anything anymore? :)

Reactions: seabee

U3 is the newer of the two. The U1 and U3 designation signifies its guaranteed minimum transfer rate

U1 means that it is guaranteed to transfer at a minimum of 10 MB/s
whereas U3 it's guaranteed to transfer at a minimum of 30 MB/s.

good point. It is a 128GB extreme plus class U3....all should be good.
I never liked using large sd cards in my cameras. I would rather have 4 32GB cards and not a 128GB. I have had cards fail or get corrupted and lose everything on that card. I figure with the H you can only fly for 15-18 minutes and if I fill the card I will just swap it out with another card while changing the battery out. This way if a card fails or you crash and lose a card you do not lose as much. Sure it means I carry a few cards with me but I just use an SD card wallet and all is fine.

Reactions: SevenTypesOfDumb
I never liked using large sd cards in my cameras. I would rather have 4 32GB cards and not a 128GB. I have had cards fail or get corrupted and lose everything on that card. I figure with the H you can only fly for 15-18 minutes and if I fill the card I will just swap it out with another card while changing the battery out. This way if a card fails or you crash and lose a card you do not lose as much. Sure it means I carry a few cards with me but I just use an SD card wallet and all is fine.

Very good point. I shoot a ton of pictures and 4k video. My weapons of choice are 64GB SanDisk Extreme Pro MicroSD cards. I have a couple dozen of them. I happened upon the 128GB version on sale and wanted to give it a shot. It performs well, but I do completely agree with using smaller cards when shooting pictures. Cards can go bad and then it's up the creek you go.

Side note - 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro cards can be had on Amazon all day for $30.

I agree, an instance where smaller can be better, as long as they are U3 of course.

Hmmm an SD wallet?

Now why didn't I think of that.

Amazon?

Current storage is a little foam filled plastic box from Walmart.

I agree, an instance where smaller can be better, as long as they are U3 of course.

Hmmm an SD wallet?

Now why didn't I think of that.

Amazon?

Current storage is a little foam filled plastic box from Walmart.

Amazon has really nice, waterproof/weatherproof card carriers/wallets for cheap. Like $15-20

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
I don't think those rates are correct.

Those are sustained transfer rates. Not the "we burst out rates".

I believe he is correct. I always look at the read and write speed listed and try to find some reviews with "real world" results and buy based upon that. Can't go wrong with SanDisk Extreme pro cards.

I don't think those rates are correct.

I use the SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter, (used the 64 in my Q no problems until it went swimming with the bird.... see Brandon's comments)

They are class 10 and do 80/mbps, great for 4K

I'm also interested in that brand of microSD card (mine also come with the same card) and I think this is their website:
Industrial SD | FORESEE

The 16GB Card that came with my H is a Foresee HC1 class u3 and it actually performs well. Is this the same card everyone gets or do the just ship whatever brand they can get the cheapest deal on?
Only reason for the question is that other mfgs (Autel to be specific) sends SanDisk Ultra 64GB cards with every quad. Yuneec seems to take the cheap road and for $1300, this should have all the best accessories included.
View attachment 2403

Foresee is the brand of card they ship in the H and Chroma. I have several of them that came with different Yuneec products.

As a stock "bundle" sd card, the speed is better than expected. Look forward to their future product, hopefully could be a reliable budget choice !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval