Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Voltage Game

Reaction score
Flying my Q500 I have noticed that when the voltage drops to about 10,7 I get the 1 yellow bar in the top right hand corner. I am always set up to land at that point. However after I have turned the motors off I notice that the voltage indicator jumps up to 11.2V I understand that is probably because there is no load on it but it does make me wonder just how much juice I have left when the indicator says 10.7 and its yellow. Checking the aircraft data page on the WebFlight Path.com page it shows I had 11.2 V at the end (motors off ) but the voltage graph also show that during the last minute or so voltage did drop to about 10.8.
So do I just keep flying until I get a warning on the screen about a low battery or land early like I have been doing. Today's flight was only 12 min.

Referencing above I did check the battery with a voltage tester after I took it AND IT DID SHOW 11.2v

Trust the warning in the box but not the time you have left.
When it shows yellow, start getting ready to land right away.
Interesting this would come up today as I was just doing some testing of my own this morning.
When I got my first Q about 2 years ago I flew until I got the first warning and began my decent to land.
About a minute later I got my second warning and about 30 seconds later the Q died and fell from about 50' or so and causing much damage.
I never let it get that low any more.
This morning, I flew until I got the yellow indicator and brought it in close and low. In just a hover I got the green indicator and I could get about 3 more minutes out of it. But as soon as you input any control the bar goes back to yellow for me. At 10.6 I got the red bar and landed.
At 10.9 I'm on my way home. At 10.8 and just turning yellow... I'm on the ground.

Now for something really interesting.... Just out of the blue and for no apparent reason, I too now have the camera/gimble issue and shooting at about 25 degrees off center.
WTH ???
lol
Stay tuned...

Added: on my battery tester, I usually show about 20% battery left after landing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss