Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Yuneec Pilots Picture Game

Nope. I've got nothing like that in my H480 library and I can't think off the top of my head anything like that less than a hundred miles away so going out to get something would be difficult. I do have canal stuff in my P2V+ library (I've got some good images of the Lancaster Canal among others) but it's not Yuneec so not admissible here:(
I'll leave it up for a few days and see if any bits, if not I will look into changing it.

I'll leave it up for a few days and see if any bits, if not I will look into changing it.

As a rule of thumb if no one has answered by 36 to 48 hours you could relax the challenge a little or change it all together. Its hard to pick a challenge thats not too easy but that anyone; regardless of where they live can match as well.

I did a site survey for a future flight at a point on the Liverpool/Leeds canal late last year (By the way, my car broke down on the way back:(). I wasn't planning to do that flight until Summertime but I could bring it forward to this weekend if the weather is favourable.

OK, how about springtime flowers or is that to puffta. lolView attachment 9536
I don't think it's 'puffta'. I actually think it's an interesting landscape.

I don't think i've got many images in my library that depicts spring flowers: Most my hobby flights are on usually grim looking peat moorland which is largely bereft of flowering plants. However, I'll have a mooch through and see what I've got.

Either way, I think the other is doable but if this is the new one, that works too. Puffta, now there's a word you don't hear often. :D
The other one wasn't doable for me. I can't think of one flume like that anywhere in England apart from those amusement park rides. Plenty of canals but flumes are a bit thin on the ground.

Have all the old aqueducts from Roman occupation been torn down?

Have all the old aqueducts from Roman occupation been torn down?
Essentially yes, as far as I know. The masonry was robed out to build churches and stuff over the years. I believe there are still a couple of aqueducts at least partially standing in other parts of Europe but not here in blighty.

I can understand the materials being repurposed. High quality material that was not being used for any real benefit as it stood.

It just recalled seeing some from older back and white movies that were shot in GB.

I can understand the materials being repurposed. High quality material that was not being used for any real benefit as it stood.

It just recalled seeing some from older back and white movies that were shot in GB.
Could have been viaducts. There's a few of them around carrying railway lines but they were mostly built in the 19th century. There was a good example of one only a couple of miles away from me at a place called Park Bridge, but it was demolished in the 1960s. There is another one just outside of a village called Uppermill, which is only 4 miles away from me, but I can't fly that one for legal reasons. I have a flight planned around one that I intend to do in the coming weeks. It's the Ribblehead viaduct carrying the Settle to Carlisle line. Its about 50 miles away from where I live (as the crow flies).

There are a couple of Aqueducts that carry canals over rivers and such... largely built in the 18th & 19th centuries but I have no images of those in my aerial picture libraries. When the weather gets better I'll plan out a flight around one of them.

I didn't want to say anything while the challenge was still up but when @TomC9000 said - "some type of water flume or canal or something that moves water by gravity" - I began to think broadly because we don't have to flumes around here, but then I thought about what would classify - and to that end I thought about water slides - any kind of rain gutter system on a building, or even a water tank on a tower - all designed to use gravity to move water. ;) Oh well its spring time and I'm in Florida so I have no excuse not to find some puffta plants. :D

Reactions: TomC9000
I didn't want to say anything while the challenge was still up but when @TomC9000 said - "some type of water flume or canal or something that moves water by gravity" - I began to think broadly because we don't have to flumes around here, but then I thought about what would classify - and to that end I thought about water slides - any kind of rain gutter system on a building, or even a water tank on a tower - all designed to use gravity to move water. ;) Oh well its spring time and I'm in Florida so I have no excuse not to find some puffta plants. :D
Well, apart from the odd good day this last few weeks, springtime has alluded us in the North of England until now. This weekend looks like a proper change in the weather though and now we'll get true spring at long last. I have a couple of batteries on charge as I write this...looking to get out tomorrow. Whether I manage to get any puffta plants, though, is another matter...but we'll see:rolleyes:

Sorry I'm not at all politically correct and I am a old monty python fan. :oops:
No need to be embarrassed about Monty Python: I'm a great fan of it too. Americans don't usually take to English comedy, and Python is particularly quirky in its Englishness. (Ministry Of Funny Walks; Dead Parrot; The Lumberjack Song, etc.). It's nice to see an American that 'gets it'.;)

(the TV Python was first aired in 1969 by the BBC and ran for well over 40 episodes over I think 3 or 4 seasons. The BBC sold the rights to Python to the Python troupe who then went on to make several independent films as a limited company trading under the name : Python(Monty). IMHO, the best of those films was the first one produced...Holy Grail [I loved those coconuts])

Last edited:
No need to be embarrassed about Monty Python: I'm a great fan of it too. Americans don't usually take to English comedy, and Python is particularly quirky in its Englishness. (Ministry Of Funny Walks; Dead Parrot; The Lumberjack Song, etc.). It's nice to see an American that 'gets it'.;)

(the TV Python was first aired in 1969 by the BBC and ran for well over 40 episodes over I think 3 or 4 seasons. The BBC sold the rights to Python to the Python troupe who then went on to make several independent films as a limited company trading under the name : Python(Monty). IMHO, the best of those films was the first one produced...Holy Grail [I loved those coconuts])
nudge nudge wink wink say no more! ;)

Trouble at t' mill (enter the Spanish Inquisition).

I was out with my aircraft yesterday but I didn't get any puffta flowers. I was flying over a reservoir *** over in Yorkshire but not a blessed flower in sight...plenty of green grass and those bloody trees, but spring flowers were conspicuous by their absence :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20