Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Yuneec Pilots Picture Game

Hmmm. Not the sort of picture I had in mind to be honest, Gamlingen. I was looking for something with an obvious archaeological element to it. A very nice picture it is true but, sadly, doesn't meet my challenge:(

I was looking for anything with an archaeology angle. This could have been a very ancient structure/ruins, earth works, crop marks, standing stones...that sort of thing. Like this stone circle, for example...

YUN00002.jpg

So the challenge is still open.

Yeah I had a feeling he may not have read the rules. :oops: For the benefit of any new players here are the Rules

THE PICTURE GAME RULES

The rules are simple:

[1] All pictures posted must be taken with ANY of the Yuneec line of Cameras - from the Breeze, Q-500 line, on up through any of the Typhoon H's and Tornado 920's. No Exceptions.:)

[2] The challenge MUST be reasonable. Keep in mind this forum spans the globe - so for instance I would not ask for a picture of a Saturn V Rocket (I'm right down the road from Cape Kennedy) - since there are only a few examples here and a couple other places in the states - this would be an unreasonable challenge. So, if you make a challenge that is difficult it will slow things down and we don't want that. Be Specific and Simple: A picture of a barn = GOOD, a picture of a barn with three cows and a red rooster = BAD.

[3] To Respond to a Challenge - Take your aircraft out and take a picture that represents, to the best of your ability, what the Challenger has asked for. The first successful responder to any challenge gets to make the next challenge.

[5] There may be disagreements about whether challenges have been met or were too specific or impossible. The original poster has the first right to determine whether his/her challenge has been met. If we cannot come to a logical conclusion by that method the originator of the game (me?) or one of the moderators will serve as final referee. It's a dirty job but we have to have someone in this position, or the game could stall out.

[5] DO NOT post Pictures, Discussion, Video or Links that do not address the Previous Request or the game in general - as this will side track the process.

[6] If you post a picture as a response - WAIT to hear from the challenger that you have met the challenge BEFORE you post your challenge. If you make a challenge - it is your responsibility to check and acknowledge responders.

[7] If a challenge is not met, the challenger can (and should) meet their own requirement in order to move the game along. The idea is to keep the game fun, interesting and moving along. :)

Yeah I had a feeling he may not have read the rules. :oops: For the benefit of any new players here are the Rules

THE PICTURE GAME RULES

The rules are simple:

[1] All pictures posted must be taken with ANY of the Yuneec line of Cameras - from the Breeze, Q-500 line, on up through any of the Typhoon H's and Tornado 920's. No Exceptions.:)

[2] The challenge MUST be reasonable. Keep in mind this forum spans the globe - so for instance I would not ask for a picture of a Saturn V Rocket (I'm right down the road from Cape Kennedy) - since there are only a few examples here and a couple other places in the states - this would be an unreasonable challenge. So, if you make a challenge that is difficult it will slow things down and we don't want that. Be Specific and Simple: A picture of a barn = GOOD, a picture of a barn with three cows and a red rooster = BAD.

[3] To Respond to a Challenge - Take your aircraft out and take a picture that represents, to the best of your ability, what the Challenger has asked for. The first successful responder to any challenge gets to make the next challenge.

[5] There may be disagreements about whether challenges have been met or were too specific or impossible. The original poster has the first right to determine whether his/her challenge has been met. If we cannot come to a logical conclusion by that method the originator of the game (me?) or one of the moderators will serve as final referee. It's a dirty job but we have to have someone in this position, or the game could stall out.

[5] DO NOT post Pictures, Discussion, Video or Links that do not address the Previous Request or the game in general - as this will side track the process.

[6] If you post a picture as a response - WAIT to hear from the challenger that you have met the challenge BEFORE you post your challenge. If you make a challenge - it is your responsibility to check and acknowledge responders.

[7] If a challenge is not met, the challenger can (and should) meet their own requirement in order to move the game along. The idea is to keep the game fun, interesting and moving along. :)
Hmm. My challenge looks like being a difficult one for folks to meet. I'm thinking we should move the game on and say that I've met my own challenge as per rule 7.

But I don't want to hog the thread...would you like to pose the next challenge?

Hmm. My challenge looks like being a difficult one for folks to meet. I'm thinking we should move the game on and say that I've met my own challenge as per rule 7.

But I don't want to hog the thread...would you like to pose the next challenge?

Could just be time of year or something. I'm still in bad weather so go ahead and make a new challenge if you like - you're back up. :cool:

Could just be time of year or something. I'm still in bad weather so go ahead and make a new challenge if you like - you're back up. :cool:
O.K. I'll leave the current challenge going until tomorrow afternoon (my time) and if no-one meets it I'll post another challenge.

The weather here in England has been fantastic this last couple of days. I was out this morning with the H doing some flights over some ancient quarry workings on Norland Moor, West Yorkshire. If no-one meets the current challenge I may use something from today's flight for the next challenge...I took no stills today but it is a simple matter to drop a still off from the video:)

OK. No one has been able to respond to my challenge of posting a picture with some sort of archaeological element to it. So to move the game along I'll pose a very easy challenge that I'm sure will be met swiftly.

My challenge is: Post a picture taken with a Yuneec device showing cars in a car-park.

This is mine. (my car is the black one, a Peugeot 3008 Advantage).cars2.png

Yes indeed, this is a good one for any newbs to jump in on and get in the game.

BTW @FlushVision In a lot of your pics and videos, there are all those trails and paths. Are they solely for pedestrian traffic or bicycles motorbikes and the like? Would love to live near areas like those.

Reactions: TomC9000
BTW @FlushVision In a lot of your pics and videos, there are all those trails and paths. Are they solely for pedestrian traffic or bicycles motorbikes and the like? Would love to live near areas like those.
The majority of those paths are for walkers and people with horses. They are sometimes used for off-road motorcycles illegally and if people are caught using them with their m/bikes they risk having their bikes confiscated.

The areas where I do many of my hobby flights (mainly in West Yorkshire) have such paths. They are designated as 'public footpaths' and it is largely quite legal for me to fly from them except where a flight may disturb ground nesting birds at certain times of the year...only occasionally is a permission required to fly from some of them. Permissions when needed can be requested from the National Trust.

One famous footpath which runs at one point only a couple of miles away from where I live is called 'The Pennine Way' (I live in Shaw on the Lancashire side of the Pennines). That footpath runs a length stretching from the Peak District in Derbyshire right the way up as far as Hadrian's Wall in the far north of England (and beyond) and generally, as the name suggests, follows a route along the Pennine Range of hills...the backbone of England.

It's largely a nice area especially for walkers but it can get really grim in the depths of winter especially on the tops of the moors. One of the moors that I frequently fly is called Crompton Moor which is only a stones throw away from where I live. Indeed, I do a lot of drone flying for a group called 'Friends Of Crompon Moor'. A volunteer conservation group that oversees the area. In 2015 I identified a previously unknown Iron Age roundhouse site using a Phantom 2 Vision (now retired) on that moor which is scheduled to undergo archaeological excavations by Salford University in the near future.

But as far as drone flying is concerned, it does have it's draw backs: The climate is on the damp side and the winds can often be a problem on the moors. All that coupled with what is often a wilderness landscape with sparse features to act as a point of interest. But that is the nature of these peat moors. On the plus side you can often go to a site and there may not be another living soul in sight depending on the time of day and time of year.

Take a look at this map on my web site. Click on the satellite view. The brown coloured areas to the East of where I live are the moors. Contact

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Location is Riverside Park in Vero Beach Florida
Ahh. Right. Very flat. Florida isn't one of the world's hot spots when it comes to hills is it?

Edit: I've just looked at it on google earth. It's on that strip of land just off the mainland.

@FlushVision Thanks! @AH-1G is right on, Riverside Park in Vero. @Ty Pilot Thanks for the welcome!

I haven't been flying for too long and my "library" is a bit limited, (flying at the same few locations).

OK the next challenge if for @FlushVision, Get some pics of the wedding this Saturday!

Just kidding this challenge shouldn't be too difficult, get a shot of some farm/agricultural equipment.

This pic was taken in Vero west of 95 at the CVS Distribution Center, there's a tractor out there top middle, there were also some RC'ers off to the right. Hopefully the weather will break this weekend so I can get some fresh material!

tractor.jpg

@FlushVision Thanks! @AH-1G is right on, Riverside Park in Vero. @Ty Pilot Thanks for the welcome!

I haven't been flying for too long and my "library" is a bit limited, (flying at the same few locations).

OK the next challenge if for @FlushVision, Get some pics of the wedding this Saturday!

Just kidding this challenge shouldn't be too difficult, get a shot of some farm/agricultural equipment.

This pic was taken in Vero west of 95 at the CVS Distribution Center, there's a tractor out there top middle, there were also some RC'ers off to the right. Hopefully the weather will break this weekend so I can get some fresh material!

View attachment 9667
Getting some pictures of the Royal wedding this Saturday...I wish, You can bet that anyone taking a UAV within miles of Windsor will be sadly disappointed as they languish in a police cell.

Anyway, to the picture game. I can meet your challenge. How about this? A farm just to the South of New Abbey, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland. You can just see some agricultural equipment in the farmyard.

Edit: Just behind the H is a Loch called Loch Kindar. I got this picture as a bonus to my main point of interest being the loch. My take-off point was on private land owned by the farmer whom I had asked for a permission to fly from that point.YUN00003.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Brenakie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex