Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Yuneec Pilots Picture Game

That plus; how many would actually have taken a picture after a crash? Granted, I suppose if you're shooting video, I guess you would have that if you remember to stop recording before turning off. Anyway lets see if he can get in here this evening if not I will move it along.

I must say however: Vertigo's picture from a crashed drone is one of the most scenic pics I think one could take from a crash - you got a level horizon, foreground elements of the landing gear and leaves and then a beautiful lake in the background. That would be a hard one to match.

Ok, Guys. Sorry to have stalled the game. It was not my intention at all... :( I thought it was a creative challenge, :oops: So much for thinking.
[New Challenge] Pick Any one element from the previously posted pics. Examples. Horizon, lake, kayak, houses, clouds, leaves, landing gear, propeller, shoreline, etc. Anything, It will win! Then we can move on and put this debacle of a challenge to rest. :eek: Looking forward to seeing some beautiful pics, inspiring stories and creative challenges.

Here is a lake near my home.

Kearsley Lake in Michigan.jpg

Reactions: Mike Irish
Got my Breeze back a week ago. It's good to be back in the game!

The next challenge should be able to be met by most anyone. A field of any size (city lots are acceptable) that has a manmade pattern in it. Lawn mower, crops, tilled soil, etc.

Patterns in a field.jpg

That works for me FV. Sorry I missed your post, for some reason the watch got turned off for this thread.

The next challenge is yours.

That works for me FV. Sorry I missed your post, for some reason the watch got turned off for this thread.

The next challenge is yours.
Ahh. Right. Thanks.
It's late in the evening here (22:12) and for me to post a picture I'd have to plug my external hard drive in and I don't want to do that right now. So, I'll post my next challenge in the morning while all you Americans are in bed:p

Noooo. Not the wee hours of the morning Pilots Picture Game challenge. Whatever will we do? I won’t get a wink of sleep knowing that FlushVision will be thinking of a way to get us racing to put our birds in the air.

Ahh. Right. Thanks.
It's late in the evening here (22:12) and for me to post a picture I'd have to plug my external hard drive in and I don't want to do that right now. So, I'll post my next challenge in the morning while all you Americans are in bed:p
@FlushVision It's past noon your time, your late posting a picture!;)

@FlushVision It's past noon your time, your late posting a picture!;)
I know. I went for a motorbike ride because the weather is glorious here. I'm sweating like an old pig here now.

Right. Picture game. Any aerial picture depicting any religious symbol. Doesn't matter what religion it is so long as it's a religion. Here's mine:
Besom Hill Cross on Besom Hill just the the East of Oldham in England. This picture was taken on a day where the light was far from good so it's not the best picture I've ever taken by a long shot.
YUN00003adjust.jpg

Welcome to the game @Mindbank glad to see new players :)- as this game moves on it's easy to miss the rules from page 1, so I'll just post em below for any new-comers. The current challenge from Flushvision is - any religious symbol.

THE RULES

The rules are simple:

[1] All pictures posted must be taken with ANY of the Yuneec line of Cameras - from the Breeze, Q-500 line, on up through any of the Typhoon H's and Tornado 920's. No Exceptions.:)

[2] The challenge MUST be reasonable. Keep in mind this forum spans the globe - so for instance I would not ask for a picture of a Saturn V Rocket (I'm right down the road from Cape Kennedy) - since there are only a few examples here and a couple other places in the states - this would be an unreasonable challenge. So, if you make a challenge that is difficult it will slow things down and we don't want that. Be Specific and Simple: A picture of a barn = GOOD, a picture of a barn with three cows and a red rooster = BAD.

[3] To Respond to a Challenge - Take your aircraft out and take a picture that represents, to the best of your ability, what the Challenger has asked for. The first successful responder to any challenge gets to make the next challenge.

[5] There may be disagreements about whether challenges have been met or were too specific or impossible. The original poster has the first right to determine whether his/her challenge has been met. If we cannot come to a logical conclusion by that method the originator of the game (me?) or one of the moderators will serve as final referee. It's a dirty job but we have to have someone in this position, or the game could stall out.

[5] DO NOT post Pictures, Discussion, Video or Links that do not address the Previous Request or the game in general - as this will side track the process.

[6] If you post a picture as a response - WAIT to hear from the challenger that you have met the challenge BEFORE you post your challenge. If you make a challenge - it is your responsibility to check and acknowledge responders.

[7] If a challenge is not met, the challenger can (and should) meet their own requirement in order to move the game along. The idea is to keep the game fun, interesting and moving along. :)

FEC85711-4417-4185-8A24-3507F26D7CA0.jpeg Ok FV here is a Presbyterian Cross.

It was taken at Calvary Presbyterian Church on Richfield Rd. in Genesee Township east of Flint, Michigan. I saw the Cross on the peak of the covered entrance and knew it would contrast well against the dark brown roof. You can tell the Breeze was used, as the lack of a gimbal shows up when it’s windy out.

The next challenge will be posted soon.

Reactions: FlushVision
It was taken at Calvary Presbyterian Church on Richfield Rd. in Genesee Township east of Flint, Michigan. I saw the Cross on the peak of the covered entrance and knew it would contrast well against the dark brown roof. You can tell the Breeze was used, as the lack of a gimbal shows up when it’s windy out.

The next challenge will be posted soon.
I have a (now retired) P2V which doesn't have a useful gimbal. It does have up and down movement but not fast enough to fully smooth out bounces, but no other movement. Essentially a 1 axis gimbal, then. However, it did take some pretty good still pictures. I haven't used it since summer 2016 when I got my TH but I've got a job coming up where I think it will be the best of my aircraft to use.

The job is in a semi urban area taking off from a gated compound flying directly up to about 100' to take a picture (or two) then directly up again to about 200' to take another couple of pictures of a very busy traffic roundabout about 50m away that is currently being resurfaced and rebuilt. The job is to take pictures of the finished result.

The reason why I think the P2V would be better for this job rather than the TH is the fact that my P2V's very simplicity is in it's favour. I recall that when I used to fly it regularly it was extremely reliable having completely re-built it myself after a very bad crash. It also has an average flight time of 20 minutes of normal flight, and it won't be quite as easily seen by motorists using the roundabout so less chance of distracting drivers and causing a crash.

So, while my TH is far more sophisticated than my P2V with it's dismal gimbal, there are still instances where a simpler aircraft will come into it's own. Gimbal-less drones still have a useful role to play.

Bit of a ramble this, but just pointing out that for stills, you can largely get away with not having a gimbal.

(BTW, I know my batteries for it are still ok since they are still in regular use with my P2V+)

A simple challenge. A meadow - Open grassy area surrounded by woods.

Meadow.jpg

ForMar Nature Center, Genesee County, Michigan, USA

Reactions: Ty Pilot
A simple challenge. A meadow - Open grassy area surrounded by woods.

View attachment 9913

ForMar Nature Center, Genesee County, Michigan, USA
I can easily meet that challenge but the weather here in Northern England is going to be rough this next couple of days with winds gusting up to 80MPH.

I can meet the challenge from my photo archive though, but I'll refrain for a while to give other folks a chance.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece