Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Yuneec Pilots Picture Game

Fireworks.jpg

The challenge is fireworks or any other lighted display for entertainment/advertisement (lighted fountain/water cannon, LED billboard, drive-in theater, etc.).

This was shot from my yard hovering above 80 foot trees. The fireworks were going off everywhere around me, but the close ones were very sporadic. I had the Breeze camera set for night mode and under exposed by 1.5 stops to retain color in the fireworks. I'll have to try from the golf course across the lake next year. There are fewer trees and should be able to get reflection off of the water.

View attachment 10240

The challenge is fireworks or any other lighted display for entertainment/advertisement (lighted fountain/water cannon, LED billboard, drive-in theater, etc.).

This was shot from my yard hovering above 80 foot trees. The fireworks were going off everywhere around me, but the close ones were very sporadic. I had the Breeze camera set for night mode and under exposed by 1.5 stops to retain color in the fireworks. I'll have to try from the golf course across the lake next year. There are fewer trees and should be able to get reflection off of the water.
Nice picture that, Doom.
I can't meet that challenge. I've nothing in my library that comes close to that. One of the problems is that in England fireworks displays are largely confined to around November the 5th and new year's eve. You do get the odd one at other times of the year at special events.

That is why I broadened the scope that could qualify. If no one answers by tomorrow, I’ll post a new challenge.

That is why I broadened the scope that could qualify. If no one answers by tomorrow, I’ll post a new challenge.
I understand. I just can't meet that challenge. I've absolutely nothing in my library to meet it in any way. Hopefully someone else can...and it would be nice to see some new blood joining this game.

My next outing with a drone will be at least Tuesday next week doing a hobby flight with a Phantom ( was doing a small commercial job with the H480 yesterday). I could change my mind and take the H out on Tuesday instead and see what I get, but unless someone else can meet your challenge I imagine that you would want to move the game along before then.

I'm hoping to get some footage along the St. Clair River in eastern Michigan today. My wife and I are taking a day trip there.

this picture was taken also the night of the 4th. there were fireworks all around. it sounded like popcorn popping. its a pretty uninspiring pic but I think it will meet the challenge. its hard to tell the difference in the pic between street lights and fireworks. the vista was covered with flashes of color. The one clearly on the left is the city of Kenmore show that is about 2.5 miles away. YUN00041.jpg

Reactions: Ty Pilot
this picture was taken also the night of the 4th. there were fireworks all around. it sounded like popcorn popping. its a pretty uninspiring pic but I think it will meet the challenge. its hard to tell the difference in the pic between street lights and fireworks. the vista was covered with flashes of color. The one clearly on the left is the city of Kenmore show that is about 2.5 miles away. View attachment 10255
Well I can see the firework going off. Not for me to say you've met the challenge, but I'm sure @DoomMeister will be along shortly:)

Reactions: Ty Pilot
vertigo,

The challenge is met, there are a couple clearly visible in the left part of the photo.

Step to the plate, and swing away.

Ok, Thanks @DoomMeister. My challenge is this. Swiftly Moving Water. river, waterfall etc... Not a mud puddle or coming out of a hose or along the street curb after washing a car. My Picture is of the Skykomish river in Washington state USA. Just up the road a couple miles from the pic of my previous challenge page 17 "Bridge" Best of luck!YUN00018.jpg

Reactions: DoomMeister
OK, how about a sea, lake, river warning device. Lighthouse, sea buoy, small or large.
View attachment 10293
I have an image of a lighthouse but it's so far away that you would have difficulty in seeing that it is actually a lighthouse. So, I'll refrain from posting a picture of it for now in the hope that someone else will be able to better meet the challenge in the next day or so. If it come to the crunch I'll post if no-one else does.

I do have a much better image of a lighthouse taken with a P2V+ but that ain't allowed in this game.

I was grounded on Friday due to high winds on the St. Clair River. I have some good ground based photos, but nothing from the Breeze. I need a pole to mount it on when the winds are too strong. :D

Reactions: Tom Chastain

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder