Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Yuneec Pilots Picture Game

What no takers? Okay I'll add to it. A photo of another 'drone' OR a reflection of your own in flight. The reflection can be from a window or even calm water but it has to be clearly visible as a drone, not a shadow or blob.

Challenge.
Warehouse distribution center showing semi trucks and trailers.
warehouse.jpg

Last edited:
What no takers? Okay I'll add to it. A photo of another 'drone' OR a reflection of your own in flight. The reflection can be from a window or even calm water but it has to be clearly visible as a drone, not a shadow or blob.
Oh come on it wasn't even 24hrs till you modified the challenge from the original request. Totally going to post your drone from my drone's view.

Ok, here's my "whatever" as well as the challenge... a water treatment facility. This one is behind my house. My daughter thinks it's some kind of castle.

EDIT: I guess posting the challenge response, at the same time as the next challenge kind of skips a step... but I thought that since the challenge reached the point of "whatever" I would be ok.... just this once!

Reactions: Mike Irish
Just a thought......personally I would not fly near or around a public works facility, like a water treatment plant, electric generation or sub station...etc.....without explicit permission and knowledge of the municipal authority. I have a massive water tower just outside my neighborhood, not even 1/4 mile away.....I could easily, sitting in my backyard, fly to it, around it, over it.....and back, but no way would I go near that thing. A drone flying around our water tower would attract the wrong kind of attention. Though there’s nothing preventing me from it....no city ordinances or airspace restrictions....it’s a “judgement call” on my part.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Just a thought......personally I would not fly near or around a public works facility, like a water treatment plant, electric generation or sub station...etc.....without explicit permission and knowledge of the municipal authority. I have a massive water tower just outside my neighborhood, not even 1/4 mile away.....I could easily, sitting in my backyard, fly to it, around it, over it.....and back, but no way would I go near that thing. A drone flying around our water tower would attract the wrong kind of attention. Though there’s nothing preventing me from it....no city ordinances or airspace restrictions....it’s a “judgement call” on my part.
I have a great pic of a water tower.

@Fred Garvin

While I agree that going out of your way to fly around infrastructure facilities might not be the best idea. However, as I said, it's in my back yard. I don't fly over it, and if someone wants to ask me what I'm doing, I will happily tell them that I mean no harm. Having said all of that, that picture was taken with the TH above my own property. As long as the airspace isn't prohibited or restricted, I see not issue with flying over my own home, regardless of what may be near by. Interestingly, on Airmap, the water treatment facility doesn't even show up as a warning... but the private school down the street does.

In some places flying over or close proximity to water treatment facility could end you up in a lot of crap.:rolleyes:

There's one or two places near to where I am where I wouldn't fly even though there's nothing stopping me. Like you, it's a judgement call. I understand what you are saying...I just get a gut feeling about some places and err on the side of caution.

That said, I often fly at or near to water reservoirs. But there are a couple of reservoirs where I won't fly even though I know that the water authority employees wouldn't bat an eyelid...I just get a feeling in my water (pun intended)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda