Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thinking of Buying a 920

Perhaps that reflects on not being completely sure of what you need. If that’s the case don’t make a move before you find the platform that fulfills the need.

Perhaps that reflects on not being completely sure of what you need. If that’s the case don’t make a move before you find the platform that fulfills the need.
I think no such drone in my budget entirely meets my needs/desires I will probably wait and see what the H plus with C23 has to offer and see if they will produce a version of the E50 for it. Likewise I will watch if they get the 520 sorted as that is definitely their focus. Of course knowing Yuneec that may never happen and I am more likely to have to buy for a job and make a quick decision.
Meanwhile I mat still go for a 920 or used one perhaps. It remains to be seen.

I won’t wish you luck because I believe we each “make” our luck through research and sound decisions making. I do think you may have made a great choice after locating a system that captures benefits from both the original and later versions of the 920, and hope it was well cared for. I’ll add congratulations along with a bit of envy.

Neither of the versions are “simple” in operation compared to most of the usual gamut of consumer drones so spending plenty of time in getting to know and understand how to use what it can do will go far in providing you with some very good imagery.

I won’t wish you luck because I believe we each “make” our luck through research and sound decisions making. I do think you may have made a great choice after locating a system that captures benefits from both the original and later versions of the 920, and hope it was well cared for. I’ll add congratulations along with a bit of envy.

Neither of the versions are “simple” in operation compared to most of the usual gamut of consumer drones so spending plenty of time in getting to know and understand how to use what it can do will go far in providing you with some very good imagery.
Thanks and good advice

Well just for the record and for better or worse I have just agreed to buy an H920+, in with the deal I am getting the GB603 gimbal and ST24 controller which has been setup to operate in team mode.
Wish me luck
Congrats on the 920+ +GB603... That should be a great setup! Best of both 920 worlds!
Curious, any idea which camera mount on GB603, assuming the GH4, if the A7 that would be a rare piece!
Again, Congrats and Welcome to the 920 Gang!

Congrats on the 920+ +GB603... That should be a great setup! Best of both 920 worlds!
Curious, any idea which camera mount on GB603, assuming the GH4, if the A7 that would be a rare piece!
Again, Congrats and Welcome to the 920 Gang!
The current owner says it is compatible with the A7 but I don't know for certain I have just asked him to confirm. Also GH5 and like you say the GH4

Last edited:
The current owner says it is compatible with the A7 but I don't know for certain I have just asked him to confirm
Wow... that would be rare... I’ve been searching for a A7 bracket and have discovered very rare & few. Found several GB603 & LK58

Weren’t you entertaining the use of a A7 Full Frame? Not sure what lenses the bracket will fit, but sure several options.

As a note, the GB603 differs from the CGO4 in controls being gimbal pitch & yaw only. The GB603 lacks control of zoom, focus and exposure controls. Those need to be setup prior to flight. That was one reason I relaxed my search for the GB603, I had hoped for a little more RF controls. I’d still like to find a nice price on GB603 & LK58 streamer.

From some blogs, it sounds like the Sony bracket is useable for several of the newer bodies up to the A9.
Hope you enjoy the whole package!

Wow... that would be rare... I’ve been searching for a A7 bracket and have discovered very rare & few. Found several GB603 & LK58

Weren’t you entertaining the use of a A7 Full Frame? Not sure what lenses the bracket will fit, but sure several options.

As a note, the GB603 differs from the CGO4 in controls being gimbal pitch & yaw only. The GB603 lacks control of zoom, focus and exposure controls. Those need to be setup prior to flight. That was one reason I relaxed my search for the GB603, I had hoped for a little more RF controls. I’d still like to find a nice price on GB603 & LK58 streamer.

From some blogs, it sounds like the Sony bracket is useable for several of the newer bodies up to the A9.
Hope you enjoy the whole package!
I have always been a Nikon shooter and latterly Fuji Mirrorless so prior to considering a large drone I had never really looked closely at the Sony though I know it is a good camera and probably better for stills work. I was only looking at the GH5.
To be honest I will learn the CGO4 before considering another camera, I have a lot to learn about the 920

Its also about how I sneek it in past the wife, easy if I had waited for an H plus but no so with the H920. The line "I've had it for ages" possibly won't cut it this time.
I follow a similar route... recall, I got snagged few weeks ago and spent a little mall bench time while Better Half shopped. As long as “toys” get added to collection, retirement gets pushed further out... and sadly, the older I get, the more items I seem to justify as needed for retirement work.

Reactions: PatR and OnTheRopes
I have always been a Nikon shooter and latterly Fuji Mirrorless so prior to considering a large drone I had never really looked closely at the Sony though I know it is a good camera and probably better for stills work. I was only looking at the GH5.
To be honest I will learn the CGO4 before considering another camera, I have a lot to learn about the 920

I recently aquired a GH4, very impressive gear. I was interested in mounting it in GB603... although different lenses on CGO4 appears to be best option. Found a very nice weight pouch that mounts to the back of the CGO4... made from a 3D printer and weight can be changed for lens attached. Adds to the options useable with CGO4. But, need to find it again... I thought I saved URL but late night surfing omitted a few.

Along your comment, I’ve mainly been Canon gear... but examined the Sony last month. They’ve made ground in recent years! Some of their lenses were impressive, although not open to adding a 3rd lens group to gear. I’m discovering the MFT series and the speed of these lenses. Haven’t sat down yet with Lightroom & PS to examine MFZt DNG’s or videos, but have read only positive news.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight