Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thinking of Buying a 920

Its also about how I sneek it in past the wife, easy if I had waited for an H plus but no so with the H920. The line "I've had it for ages" possibly won't cut it this time.

I divided my buy up between PayPal and credit card. As my wife has never seen my PayPal account she thinks it only cost half what it did...

I think for now I will buy the 12 and the 45mm olympus primes as its not too great an expense
If serious, after the 920, the I2... and Olympus Zuiko 12mm f2, that’s an investment.:) The 45mm isn’t bad... but I’m stunned by what the 12mm normally brings! Took a similar path, but I1 X5Raw.

I recently aquired a GH4, very impressive gear. I was interested in mounting it in GB603... although different lenses on CGO4 appears to be best option. Found a very nice weight pouch that mounts to the back of the CGO4... made from a 3D printer and weight can be changed for lens attached. Adds to the options useable with CGO4. But, need to find it again... I thought I saved URL but late night surfing omitted a few.

Along your comment, I’ve mainly been Canon gear... but examined the Sony last month. They’ve made ground in recent years! Some of their lenses were impressive, although not open to adding a 3rd lens group to gear. I’m discovering the MFT series and the speed of these lenses. Haven’t sat down yet with Lightroom & PS to examine MFZt DNG’s or videos, but have read only positive news.

The a7 can accommodate Canon lenses with an optional adapter. As for Sony in general, I’ve ben using an a6000 for about three years after using Nikon and Yashica. Except for lacking 4k video I haven’t found a compelling need to upgrade from the a6000. Full frame would be nice but it’s not mandatory for my activities.

Where multirotors are concerned there’s more equipment available to set up an aerial Lumix than there is Sony, and neither the GH4 or GH5 are anything to be over looked.

I divided my buy up between PayPal and credit card. As my wife has never seen my PayPal account she thinks it only cost half what it did...
:) With ya on that one! I like the PayPal 6 month 0 interest... it’s a personal loan to self. I don’t draw from family funds, otherwise she’d probably verify my life insurance policy. Peter pays Paul, use side work funds to cover side work toys. It motivates side jobs, the circle keeps rolling. Justify it’s building a business... so she tolerates.

The a7 can accommodate Canon lenses with an optional adapter. As for Sony in general, I’ve ben using an a6000 for about three years after using Nikon and Yashica. Except for lacking 4k video I haven’t found a compelling need to upgrade from the a6000. Full frame would be nice but it’s not mandatory for my activities.

Where multirotors are concerned there’s more equipment available to set up an aerial Lumix than there is Sony, and neither the GH4 or GH5 are anything to be over looked.
I’ve looked at several lens adapters when purchased the GH4. The one that passes full electronics for EOS to MFT by Metabones is pricy... $5-600. For the few MFT lenses I’d like, the adapters isn’t on my plate for now.

The GH4 for my needs... is very impressive! Until the GH5, it was well praised... now everyone wants the GH5... thus why I picked up a GG4! ;)

Understand that. The Sony Alpha forums reflect something similar. While some are chasing their tails buying the latest, greatest the price of what came before has fallen appreciably. Many of those that own both state they still use their older stuff more.

The Gb603 comes with the GH4 mount... the A7 mount was optional. If he purchased the A7 mount, great... otherwise you'll have the GH4.

:cool: How 'come all the 920 Pilots are crusty 'ole grumpies!
Welcome! I'm in Iowa

Hmm, let me try to come up with some unreasonable explanations.
  • We are old enough to never put a lot of trust in new product advertising
  • We put a bit more effort into product research
  • We already know how to fly and use a camera
  • Earlier in life we learned the wisdom imparted by the story of the old bull and the young bull
  • We don't mind being "different"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder