Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thinking of Buying a 920

Would not having proof of purchase stop you from buying a 920?

As in Semi-Trailer Special or as in no Yuneec warranty type of shop? Mine was internet site direct sales. No, I figured if Yuneec touched it they'd require an update to 920+ and I was confident, maybe over confident the electronics would be good. Mechanical I could find the parts needed.

I was a eBay watcher... the Outfit was a clearance Broker whom I beleive had large inventory of new Yuneec product they primarily sold to resellers or small shops. They didn't sell all the product and pulled their listings and I followed it off of eBay and reached out for a private buy. No warranty, no store front... based on their "word" and good faith to make it right if problem.

Turned out great, had followup sales with them... the V18 zoom camera and later the CGO-ET... all brand new.

So I have proof of purchase as in a PayPal purchase... but that's it.

Reactions: thoneter
Thoneter,

Don’t blame me for all those Yuneec purchases, you dod those on your own:)

I can’t speak for the original 920 but my research indicates the known issues are the crappy battery Yuneec is currently selling, an obnoxious 1st low voltage warning that’s shared with the Plus, and lack of further firmware development, also shared with the 920. In a way the software thing is a plus as the system itself seems to be rock solid. Dame with the Plus. There have been a couple reports of cracking motor mount plates, which I have bot experienced. Only a guess but unequal screw torque between the mount/boom/ and motor, for a total of 8 screws, could be the culprit. A wise man would reset all the external screws for everything before they flew it. Many on mine were not set well.

Your heads up suggests I need to buy a pair of boom/motor and gear assemblies before they are hard to come by. None of that has me regretting my Plus purchase at all. It’s very dependable and predictable, which is all I ask of a system.

As you've probably found, many great sources on this site and you can apply a lot of the threads for other model's principles to the H920. :rolleyes:There is an old-'er guy... PatR :p that's a great source of 920 and overall principles of flight dynamics and energy.

I'm 1-2 months in Ft of you. I purchased a 1st gen "new" H920, 2 ST24, CGO4, V18 Zoom Camera, ST12, and CG0 camera adapter, few other parts. Waiting for bit warmer weather to fly the big bird but playing with RC's and inspecting AC.

I'm new to Yuneec from DJI side, found the Yuneec gang on this site to be top notch in sharing information & helpful advice.

I also picked up a Typhoon H Pro RS, several extra CGO3+, CGO-ET, and looking at a few more gimbals. The GB603 for my GH4, and the GB203 / GoPro.

You'll notice on the ST24, lists all these cameras as pre-loaded, many more than H920 / ST16. I'm interested in the GB203 mount for a Mutisprectrum camera near size of GoPro. My unproven assumption (pending), since all these cameras, LK58 & MK58 video streamers are listed, should be able to use the GB203/MK58 with a multispectrum camera too.

I've been flying the H480 in the freezing temps, learning the differences in the RC from what I'm accustomed. Happy to help if I can... but I'm a 920 newbie too!
How do you like the v18?

As you've probably found, many great sources on this site and you can apply a lot of the threads for other model's principles to the H920. :rolleyes:There is an old-'er guy... PatR :p that's a great source of 920 and overall principles of flight dynamics and energy.

Now it's smoke buffered with attacks on the elderly....:rolleyes:;)

Pat don't let them beat you up, smack em with a stick, I'm old also, anyway what batteries did you come up with?

It’s just some mirthful banter between the honorable Dougcjohn and myself:)

As for batteries, I just ordered another pair of the Zippy Compact 5000mA batts. They are quite satisfactory.

Reactions: madatme
How do you like the v18?
Visually, it's an impressive sized camera. All zoom is internal, weight distribution remains the same.

Since the furthest it's flown is bench counter, no comment on flight. Connecting up on the bench it has a strong zoom 18x, but I've read pros & cons on the stability of image when zoomed above 8x... some say a hover 18x stills & video are great... others say it's low quality. May be associated to wind, balance of the props, motors & hardware, fasteners, etc.

So since you 2 dinosaurs are done Patting each other on the back for being old farts, I'm proud to announce that I've purchased a 920 with 2 st24s. I know the batteries have been discussed ad nauseum but can you put up a link to the best ones to purchase? Also can you point me to the best article or video to convert those battery connectors to work with the 920? Also did Adam have a naval?

So since you 2 dinosaurs are done Patting each other on the back for being old farts, I'm proud to announce that I've purchased a 920 with 2 st24s. I know the batteries have been discussed ad nauseum but can you put up a link to the best ones to purchase? Also can you point me to the best article or video to convert those battery connectors to work with the 920? Also did Adam have a naval?

:eek: Oh My... Pat you see what he called YOU... A Dino! ;)

Congrats on the H920! I hope you enjoy the max out of it!
If you just want to grab a few pairs... EC5 to XT60, there are several on Amazon.They list several options: short stiff plugs or a long whip! As you know, Pat & I prefer the long ones since they work better! No Braggin... just parts! :rolleyes:

This link takes you to several options... just look for Female E5 to Male XT60.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...d=kwd-142612185605&ref=pd_sl_935gu46pzw_e_p19

Long one:
https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Female-...8&qid=1519584267&sr=8-21&keywords=ec5+to+xt60

Stubby:
https://www.amazon.com/Female-Conne...F8&qid=1519584351&sr=8-2&keywords=ec5+to+xt60

And... the H920 crew is the OLD DOG's... so welcome to the Old Dog's ye'ole Fart! :D

Last edited:
:eek: Oh My... Pat you see what he called YOU... A Dino! ;)

Congrats on the H920! I hope you enjoy the max out of it!
If you just want to grab a few pairs... EC5 to XT60, there are several on Amazon.They list several options: short stiff plugs or a long whip! As you know, Pat & I prefer the long ones since they work better! No Braggin... just parts! :rolleyes:

This link takes you to several options... just look for Female E5 to Male XT60.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...d=kwd-142612185605&ref=pd_sl_935gu46pzw_e_p19

Long one:
https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Female-...8&qid=1519584267&sr=8-21&keywords=ec5+to+xt60

Stubby:
https://www.amazon.com/Female-Conne...F8&qid=1519584351&sr=8-2&keywords=ec5+to+xt60

And... the H920 crew is the OLD DOG's... so welcome to the Old Dog's ye'ole Fart! :D
Thanx for the links. Where in Ioway are ya?

Do you know why it's always windy in Ioway?

You'll need to get with Pat for his detail on the Graphene vs LiPo Zippy Compact, or skim through the thread on batteries in this section for all his data & observations.

He's performed all the tests & data collection and found both batteries to test.
I think he's currently using the zippy compact 5000mah.

I'm still holding off a bit longer waiting for the final custom shop to provide the cost of a possible Tri-pak setup in the 4000-5000mah each. I'll be going with the Zippy Compact 5000mah if this last custom shop is a wash.

Oddly, when Pat first found the Zippy they indicated XT90, then a few days later were XT60. Today they're indicating XT90... so you'll need to change your adapters to match.

The physical size of zippy is 157x45.46.
H920 Battery chamber is 174dx47hx95w mm.

HobbyKing @ $63
5000mah now showing XT90 connector
ZIPPY Compact 5000mAh 6S 25C Lipo Pack w/ XT90

Amazon @ $67
https://www.amazon.com/ZIPPY-Compac...d=1519593016&sr=8-15&keywords=5000mah+6s+lipo

I've heard several why it's windy... if it's to do with Iowans being windy... let's hear a fresh one? I"m outside of Capital, Des Moines in a country burb.

You'll need to get with Pat for his detail on the Graphene vs LiPo Zippy Compact, or skim through the thread on batteries in this section for all his data & observations.

He's performed all the tests & data collection and found both batteries to test.
I think he's currently using the zippy compact 5000mah.

I'm still holding off a bit longer waiting for the final custom shop to provide the cost of a possible Tri-pak setup in the 4000-5000mah each. I'll be going with the Zippy Compact 5000mah if this last custom shop is a wash.

Oddly, when Pat first found the Zippy they indicated XT90, then a few days later were XT60. Today they're indicating XT90... so you'll need to change your adapters to match.

The physical size of zippy is 157x45.46.
H920 Battery chamber is 174dx47hx95w mm.

HobbyKing @ $63
5000mah now showing XT90 connector
ZIPPY Compact 5000mAh 6S 25C Lipo Pack w/ XT90

Amazon @ $67
https://www.amazon.com/ZIPPY-Compac...d=1519593016&sr=8-15&keywords=5000mah+6s+lipo

I've heard several why it's windy... if it's to do with Iowans being windy... let's hear a fresh one? I"m outside of Capital, Des Moines in a country burb.
I just got done reading through on all the battery options. I am presently leaning on the Graphene. I'm a lousy solderer. Sometimes my brain starts to hurt trying to stay up to date on all the tech. It's windy in Iowa because it sucks. I'm not to far from ya. I live right by the NW corner of IA in Luverne MN.

with those adapters... it's a plug & play... no solder. You'll get better time and I think Pat's indicated better performance from the Zippy Compact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig