Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Three ways of Landing

Sorry if I confused the issue with any misnomers, it's already confusing without my help! Too many terms for the same and similar things.
To be clear, when I say Autoland, I mean the 3rd option with the icon and slider, and RTH would be 2nd option "Home Mode".
Oh, no problem, DCH! We are here willing to bring up some things are not clear and looking for answer. What I would like to have is the Abort landing function that can be used in the 2nd and 3rd landing way.

What I would like to have is the Abort landing function that can be used in the 2nd and 3rd landing way.
The abort function for method 2 is changing the mode switch to Angle or Sport. I suspect it is the same for method 3.

Have you contacted Yuneec to discuss the repair?

When I asked the question above, I was referring to the method you used to abort the landing.

Last edited:
There is actually a fourth way to land, but you'll need to get those instructions from @Steve Carr. I'm not really clear on the exact procedure, but I think it involves coming in backwards, and it seems there were also trees involved?

There is actually a fourth way to land, but you'll need to get those instructions from @Steve Carr. I'm not really clear on the exact procedure, but I think it involves coming in backwards, and it seems there were also trees involved?

But was that fourth method deemed an actual landing? I seem to recall it was a catching, and not by any human hands.

FAI contest rules for most RC competition define "landing" as "contact with an earth based object." Some contacts are more graceful, and closer to the Earth's surface, than others!

Reactions: Docdor
To clarify, all of my flights have ended with landings. None have remained airborne.
I have managed a few landings which have not required post-landing hexacopter first aid.

The abort function for method 2 is changing the mode switch to Angle or Sport. I suspect it is the same for method 3.

Have you contacted Yuneec to discuss the repair?

When I asked the question above, I was referring to the method you used to abort the landing.
I am not sure about changing the mode switch to Angle or Sport to Abort method 2 but I think it could be because the Home mode is switched to Angel or Sport mode. But for the method 3, the flying mode is already in Angel, then the landing icon is slided, and boom... landing is activated.

I sent my THP for repair but no word from them since last Monday (1/7) , the date they received my damage THP.

To clarify, all of my flights have ended with landings. None have remained airborne.
I have managed a few landings which have not required post-landing hexacopter first aid.

This. ;) Take-offs are Optional, Landings are Mandatory.

I did cover the auto landing and take off feature in one of my videos but it was at the back of the video at the 8:00 mark

Reactions: Phaedrus
This. ;) Take-offs are Optional, Landings are Mandatory.

I did cover the auto landing and take off feature in one of my videos but it was at the back of the video at the 8:00 mark

At 8:00, can you try to fly your THP to the top of the tree then hit the landing icon?

Actually, I watched your video before I went out and tried the 3rd way landing. The only different is my THP was hover on the top of the tree. After I activated the 3rd way, it went straight down on top of the tree. I was thought that it will fly to the home point first. Your video seem to miss the warning about straight down landing...

I use to have a new 350QX3. As far as I can tell, it's still up there somewhere.
Are we taking Walkera about a 350QX? A good place for it!

Take-offs are Optional, Landings are Mandatory

Yeah! Thanks to that darn Newton character! :mad:
...If it wasn't for him and his rotten apple we would never crash (of have unintentional landings)(or tree Catches -Steve)(or waterings -those times when the only land based object around is water!)
And where was Newton's principle the other day when I had to perform the Hand Catch from Hǝll! That would have been a really good time for it fall out of the sky! I would prefer trying to catch it as it fell rather than try to pull the battery out of an angry Plus that is desperately trying to get away with full power!

Actually, I watched your video before I went out and tried the 3rd way landing. The only different is my THP was hover on the top of the tree. After I activated the 3rd way, it went straight down on top of the tree. I was thought that it will fly to the home point first. Your video seem to miss the warning about straight down landing...

Sorry you had the mishap but if you watched the video, once I hit the land button and swipe the confirmation, the Plus flies straight down to land - it did not move to a different spot.

Besides the demonstration, when you press the land button you get a specific warning telling you to make sure the area is clear before proceeding. Screen shot is from the video.

Landing.jpg

Reactions: Phaedrus
Sorry you had the mishap but if you watched the video, once I hit the land button and swipe the confirmation, the Plus flies straight down to land - it did not move to a different spot.

Besides the demonstration, when you press the land button you get a specific warning telling you to make sure the area is clear before proceeding. Screen shot is from the video.

View attachment 13672
"it did not move to a different spot" because you did not fly it away. It just happened that your landing area was your Home Point area so the landing area is for sure clear. When using Auto Land feature, the feature that make the aircraft "Land Automatically", most pilots will think that the landing area is the Home Point. So after reading the 3rd way landing instruction from the User Manual then when using the 3rd way landing for the first time, not all pilots will aware that the aircraft will not go to the Home Point instead will go straight down. If you can add some warnings or what the pilot should do before activate the landing icon to your video, that will be great.

It says Auto Landing. The Home mode is Return and Land.
You may have been confused before, but now you know.

If, in fact, it returned to home before landing with the Auto Land method, there would be a lot of complaints that it didn't just land. It flew home first. That would suck if you had moved a quarter mile during the flight.

You've made your point and it has been explained. Time to move past this now. The only remaining question would be the method to abort the landing.

Just for the record, Dr FrankenPhoon set about to test the ability to abort an Autoland (Down Arrow Icon) (method 3)(NOT method 4) (Not Home Mode)(Not RTH). Once an Auotoland has been initiated, it can be aborted by flipping the Mode Switch quickly between modes.

Edit: Wow looks like @Phaedrus and I posted the same thing at the same time. Can never be to sure the point is actually getting across!;)

I am not sure about changing the mode switch to Angle or Sport to Abort method 2 but I think it could be because the Home mode is switched to Angel or Sport mode. But for the method 3, the flying mode is already in Angel, then the landing icon is slided, and boom... landing is activated.

I sent my THP for repair but no word from them since last Monday (1/7) , the date they received my damage THP.

Is it necessary to have a Halo to fly in this Angel mode?
Maybe you didn't have Halo activated.

Reactions: Steve Carr and DCH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace