Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Truth or Dare

Reaction score
Pulled out the box my H came in and really looked at the printing on itbox.jpg

While I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, I m not the dullest either.
Best flight time I have gotten is 19 minutes and that was doing full hover, with lights blinking and the ST-16 screaming at me to land, yet the box states up to 25 minutes?
States I should be able to get 1 mile of range. At 3000 to about 3200 feet down range, and 200 feet altitude I start loosing video down link, and telemetry flickers in and out, this is with a 100 % line of site flight. I probably could have gotten video back if I pointed the camera towards me, the antenna is below the lens.
(I thought a mile was 5280 feet) Glad I run a Better antenna for control signals.

for the camera: Yuneec originally posted that it could do 100MB data transfer,
now look what they have posted:
award_winning_icons.png

Hmmm where did the other 40MB go??

Some specs stated that the camera lens would have a 96 degree field of view. The lens they ended up using is closer to 115 degrees. and is not 100 % in focus across the entire frame. (Many post on this go read em)

The manual is dismal, some crashes happened due to lack of reading the manual, some were due to missing information.
Yes there have been some (in my opinion) bad GPS boards causing some flyaways.
Yes there have been some pilot error crashes, I broke 2 props, but it was my own fault.

There has been no firmware updates to solve some of the shortcomings many people have posted. Reading in other forums this seems to apply to all Yuneec products. The Tornado guys complain about the RTH height being too low as well.
Now it sounds like you need to ship everything back and possibly pay more to get things right.

I am sure we all paid about the same amount for beloved Typhoon H, I just want what I paid for in the first place.

I personally DO NOT blame my dealer, or any other dealer out there, they were told the same stuff we were.
Probably our only salvation would be for them to band together and refuse Yuneec products till Yuneec gets their act together.

Right now all Yuneec seems to care is that they got MY money and YOURS too.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I guess I could say a few positive things.
The H has been a dream to fly. "MINE" anyway has been very stable reliable platform. Once I got the thrill of flying it around out of my system, I started to play with the video end of things, this is why I bought mine.
The H is a great machine. The camera SUCKS.

I dare to reply! I am very happy with what I have for the money I paid. I hope that Yuneec will support us and if they feel they need to change the design for the Pro version they will offer recall for upgrades on the controller and camera. Issues that have already raised their heads include wifi & gps which yuneec are already fixing with software upgrades soon.

Hovering will not give you the maximum flight time because it does not produce translational lift. You can even produce a ring vortex and lose additional lift.

Reactions: Brandon B
Best flight time I've had so far is about 18 minutes and that was at the second low level warning (first use of that battery and another story on another thread). I expect my average flight times will improve as my batteries bed in but I don't expect it'll get past 20 minutes.

My video drops out at really short distances 500 - 900 Ft and doesn't seem to want to come back, it happened again today so I flew it back and went to land but the bloody thing wouldn't come down :? It would do anything but ! Eventually it decided to play ball and I got it to land. Reboot and link back up ... But then you have the dreaded retracting landing gear and if that takes the down link out ... I've found now the only way I can get my video link back whilst in the air, is to click into system settings, then click onto the camera and reconnect, not ideal but sometimes it works :) ...... Dunno about flight times yet as to busy working out where my bloody video link is !!

The advertising states flight time "UP TO" 25 minutes, not that you will obtain 25 minutes. The Moroni stickers in new car windows give mileage numbers but you don't read about people complaining loudly about getting less, which is normal.

Too many other issues to get worked to fret over a few minutes of flight time.

'm not going to fall for this click bait oh crap I just did! The H flies great except for jerkiness and poor battery performance, the camera is fantastic if you don't mind low resolution. The map on ST 16 will be great once we get it as well as ability to use buttons for exposure and iso. I really appreciate seeing rep at CES stating H camera was better than P4 because that didn't influence me AT ALL!.

Sounds like you should return your bird and buy something else. There are many models available, and one is sure to meet your expectations.
You are a guy after my heart. Tell it straight, don't pussy foot around. If you are looking for a complaint, go buy a cheap Chinese want to be quad with a 2 meg camera. Not one with a 4K camera and 12 meg camera. You will be able to complain all day long, they won't respond cause they have selective understanding. I buy or I like.

Reactions: DaveIn NH
I thought this specific thread was for bitching, what'd you think it was for? Truth or dare. Nothing I posted wasn't truth. I'm disappointed in the camera and some other things. I have 4 drones and wanted a camera incrementally better than previous, didn't happen. Expectations based on advertised specifications ie 100mbs aren't unreasonable. I'm happy for people with low expectations and are satisfied with getting less than promised. I really like the H just disappointed. Sorry my previous post was a bit tongue in check and sarcastic that doesn't always work in text.

Mark,
I guess I should have named the post "VENT HERE"
But you got it, it was meant to poke a bit of fun.
If Yuneec wants to win my heart and several others, they need to step up to the plate.
I could deal with it may be a month or two to have a FIX for the camera. But say so.
They have left us all hanging too long. I like the aircraft, now just give me a camera that will do what they said it would. And fix the other problems that have been reported.
Toilet Bowl Effect, Loss of GPS, RTH height too low, Poorly written manual, Camera connect time way too long. No switch in and out of GPS mode once in flight.
We won't even talk about the Pro Upgrades.

I remember as a kid being told "SILENCE IS NOT AN ANSWER".

I thought this specific thread was for bitching, what'd you think it was for? Truth or dare. Nothing I posted wasn't truth. I'm disappointed in the camera and some other things. I have 4 drones and wanted a camera incrementally better than previous, didn't happen. Expectations based on advertised specifications ie 100mbs aren't unreasonable. I'm happy for people with low expectations and are satisfied with getting less than promised. I really like the H just disappointed. Sorry my previous post was a bit tongue in check and sarcastic that doesn't always work in text.

Did you pre-order and are disappointed with the final product, or did you order the product after it was released for general sale?

Exactly, didn't expect perfection but deliver what you advertised at least. I really like the H I'm not going to return it but I'm not going to not "tell it like it is" because I don't have the eye to see it's sub par. It's fine that some have a less critical eye and they can be happy their videos. People are fine with imovie some use Vegas Pro, Premier Pro etc. To each their own. Thought this thread was going to be a fun poke as well:)

Wait for a few mins there will be two or three apologist along to tell us that data rate means nothing and we bought a toy...

Did you pre-order and are disappointed with the final product, or did you order the product after it was released for general sale?
Got it right after release before most presale people received theirs. Some very wise people waited:) I'm still hoping updates will address issues. I can install aftermarket lens but I shouldn't have to. I'm not angry etc, like I said, just disappointed in camera.

Hi Dave,

I have a very long list of things I like about the H but thought this was a rant thread. I don't mind modding brand new things to get the very best out of them. Modified my P1 and P2 nothing on P3 and P4. Aftermarket lens and antennas are destined for my H.

If Yuneec delivers on this modular approach and we see a new upgraded camera down the road I'd be happy to buy it. Part of the appeal of the H is the hope we only need to buy new upgraded components not the H1, H2 etc.

Sounds like you should return your bird and buy something else. There are many models available, and one is sure to meet your expectations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis