Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Twitchy GPS Track

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed their telemetry GPS tracks being super-twitchy? The H is flying really well and smooth, but the tracks are really rough.

Below is a section of a flight I did yesterday, and if you look at the total distance of the GPS log it's a quarter mile, but in reality it's just a little over 500 feet. This was a pretty fast run, and the H was rock-solid in flight.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the low-speed twitches that've been bugging me.

Is this typical in your experience, or should I look at replacing my GPS module?

Screenshot_032617_113616_AM.jpg

I don't know, but the ver.1.35 Autopilot firmware is much smoother, better, close to the ground and landing. After the update, re-cal the Accelerometer.

I don't know, but the ver.1.35 Autopilot firmware is much smoother, better, close to the ground and landing. After the update, re-cal the Accelerometer.

Yeah, I re-calibrated everything after the update. I agree landing is a lot smoother post-update, and the update went without a hitch. This particular issue's been there since day 1 (early January when I bought the H), and it doesn't seem to affect normal flight at all; the thing's smooth as silk (with large-ish stick deflections) and generally rock-solid in hover. It's just when making small adjustments (like trying to move a couple feet in hover) that it gets really twitchy. It seems, at least in my case, like there's no filter/smoothing on the GPS data and I was wondering if anybody else has seen this in their track logs.

How many satellites does your controller see? I'm wondering if the GPS signals are from separate satellites switching as you move along. Just a guess, but maybe that's a clue.

This flight had 18-20, which is fairly typical. In going back through all my telemetry files (50 or 60) I'm seeing they're all like this. More of a curiosity than anything. Just wondering if others have seen the same thing when they look at gpx exports of their log files...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval