Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Two tone beeping app

One other thing I forgot to mention is that when I give the drone a voice command the voice that asks you to confirm is very different than it used to be sounds like it's talking faster and almost sounds like a kids voice or cartoon voice if that makes any sense

That is something I have not tried using with the Mantis series. I’m a stick man myself so I never enabled it. When I get back to Michigan and get it unpacked I’ll try it out on my iOS setup (the only Android I have is too old to work with the app.

I've been finding that there are several versions of yuneec piolet app, yuneec skins is 2.0.2, apkpure.com and apkgab.com are 2.0.4, chipapk.com 2.0.7, I don't know which one would be the best, but I've installed all 3 and they all do the same thing, I know some of the versions are meant to support the mantis g, as well. Do you happen to know which one is the best for the mantis q, thankx again, I hate to keep bothering you but I appreciate your help

The last version I have on my iPhone is v2.0.4, and the last I knew of for Android was 2.0.4 that I had downloaded from the Yuneec website before it was wiped of all legacy support files. That should be what is on the YuneecSkins downloads.

I use the app that is for both the Mantis Q and G as it was updated for incorporating the Mantis G.

The one on yuneec skins is 2.0.2, but I currently have the 2.0.4 on my phone, I've gone through my phone settings all day long lol trying to see if there's anything weird but can't find anything, I even charged up my old phone which has the 2.0.2 app on it and the voice control is on with no beeping, I don't know what's going on guess I'll have to live with for now until I can maybe figure it out, it's just frustrating but everything seems to work as it should, the voice that talks to you sounds like little kid or cartoon not the normal voice that yould get let's say from a alexa

The one on yuneec skins is 2.0.2, but I currently have the 2.0.4 on my phone, I've gone through my phone settings all day long lol trying to see if there's anything weird but can't find anything, I even charged up my old phone which has the 2.0.2 app on it and the voice control is on with no beeping, I don't know what's going on guess I'll have to live with for now until I can maybe figure it out, it's just frustrating but everything seems to work as it should, the voice that talks to you sounds like little kid or cartoon not the normal voice that yould get let's say from a alexa
The voice thing does not seem right. The voice I hear is like Siri or Alexa.

I checked my Fire7 tablet (Android) and have the app on it also v2.0.4. I tried to activate the voice control and it said it needed Google Search Box installed. I checked the Play Store and that does not come up in the app search.

That it works with the old phone is telling me there is some issue with the newer phone. Possibly that there is an issue with the microphone setting. Does it respond properly to commands? Wake up- to enable and Standby or Sleep to disable ?

Yes it responds to all the commands properly, I've tried looking into the microphone settings and everything is the same as the old phone, but I'll keep trying, I don't give up easily lol

I think I'll try asking a friend that has an android phone to download the app and see if it works fine on theirs, if it does then maybe I'll have to reset my phone to factory settings and see what happens, at this point I'm willing to try just about anything but I don't want to have to go buy a new phone just to fly

Maybe @Oldtimer could check into that for us. He just recently got a new (older Android) phone to use with his Mantis Q.

What is your old phone and version of Android?

And your new phone?

I think I'll try asking a friend that has an android phone to download the app and see if it works fine on theirs, if it does then maybe I'll have to reset my phone to factory settings and see what happens, at this point I'm willing to try just about anything but I don't want to have to go buy a new phone just to fly
Did you pass your old phone on to someone else?

Maybe @Oldtimer could check into that for us. He just recently got a new (older Android) phone to use with his Mantis Q.

What is your old phone and version of Android?

And your new phone?
Old phone LG84VL, android 7.0, new phone LG555DL, android 10, but I've used this phone before flying the mantis and it didn't do what it's doing now, maybe a software update on LGs part has something to do with it, I really don't know, I'm stumped lol

Old phone LG84VL, android 7.0, new phone LG555DL, android 10, but I've used this phone before flying the mantis and it didn't do what it's doing now, maybe a software update on LGs part has something to do with it, I really don't know, I'm stumped lol
I suspect you are right about the LG update. The good news I see is that you have video feed. I have seen several reports of those using Android OS greater than 8 do not get the video feed from the RC. That could be an issue with proper setup of the USB port on the phone. Still an irritation with me that Yuneec does not maintain the software needed to fly the Breeze and Mantis with newer phones and updated OS’s.

The odd thing is that it used to work perfectly fine with the phone I have now, like you said it's probably something to do with LGs updates, maybe some day when I hit the lottery I'll get an iPhone lol

The odd thing is that it used to work perfectly fine with the phone I have now, like you said it's probably something to do with LGs updates, maybe some day when I hit the lottery I'll get an iPhone lol
You can always look for something like an older iPhone 8 with a bigger screen. That will work until Yuneec abandons keeping up with App Store rules for developers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval