Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon Camera 0.4.7 released on Googe Play

Reaction score
Hi all,

I released a new version of my alternative camera app for my copter. For those, they don't know the app yet, I developing in my spare time an open source SDK to work with all known cameras of the Yuneec copters like MK58, CGO1, CGO2, 2+, CGO3. I do this by analyzing the firmware and existing apps, so there is plenty of work in it. However, the app is still not finished at all. There are still many basic features missing and I have tons of ideas what I could implement too.

It currently supports the MK58 downlink (without any camera controls, as this isn't supported by the MK58 itself) and most options of the CGO2/2+.

I'd like to invite everyone to test the app and also, if there's interest, to register for the beta program:

Play store: Typhoon Camera - Android Apps on Google Play
Beta program: Sign in - Google Accounts

Please help me in developing a better app. Your feedback, your comments, your ideas or maybe also your development support is greatly appreciated.

Have fun!

methodus

I am one of your first testers from the other forum you posted on, at that time I told you it will not connect to the MK58. You sent out a ticket to get this resolved. I just tested it again and it still does not work. And if I connect with my CGO cameras the video controls do not work for turning video on or off that I can see. Also I do not see any spot to change from video to photo.

Screenshot_2016-07-26-15-33-21.png

Ok, that is strange, as I tested with another user from a german board and it was working there. The switch between video and photo is not working yet. I will keep track on that MK58 issue . Sorry again.

Start and stop of the video is indicated with a square (stop) or a circle (start record). Maybe it is not that obvious as it should be.

Well I really wish I new how he got it to work as this feature would be the only one I be interested in, having a phone app to connect to the MK58. I will do more testing tomorrow as I need to go fly my Quad and have some fun LOl
Later

methodus
I had to go to the google play store and download the current version. Once I did that the MK58 connected no problem. I would have thought being a beta tester for your app I would have got a update saying there was a new version but for some reason I did not.
Keep working on improving your app and I for one like the option for the MK58 as I use it on my steady grip
2016_0726_165535_001.JPG 2016_0726_165821_003.JPG

I try the app and works for me. Q500 G, with samsung galaxy s7. The max range is the same than ST10+?

I don't think so. It should work up to 150 meters. You connect directly to the cam, which causes the bad range. I really hope that ond day I can stream the video from the remote to thd app instead of receiving it directly.

Reactions: ttalonso
Hey all, just want to give you a sneak preview of the next feature, which I am working on:

Screenshot_20160823-222626.png Screenshot_20160823-222639[1].png
Planned release: somewhere in October.

Well, was easier than thought. I successfully implemented the Google Cardboard feature. It's actually quite cool, but still early in progress. For instance, I want to add the cardboard button function to take snapshots while wearing the cardboard.

Screenshot_20160828-123810[1].png

Last edited:
Hey all,

I put the Cardboard feature into the beta store. I need some volunteers (max. 2 at the moment) who want to test the current build. Those who will test the app will get a voucher for the VR-feature (worth: 3$) after the app has been released to the public store as a small thank-you gift.

Please send me a PM with your google account, so that I can set you up as a tester.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval