Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H 3D model

Reaction score
Hello dear dronelovers!
I'm a 3D VFX student and I've been told to choose a drone and try to recreate its 3D model for a TV spot practice (fake ad). So... after doing some research I would like to try Yuneec Typhoon H. Thing is that, even though I found some nice pictures, I really couldn't find any better graphical reference of it that could help me out modeling.
I would like to ask you guys, who's interested in helping me, if you know about any nice graphical reference like a picture turnaround or any technical blueprints (maybe from the manual) that could be handy for my work.
I also appreciate any volunteer who wouldn't mind to take some pictures of his drone, but just if I can't find any better, I really don't want to bother you.

Well if someone knows something useful for me don't doubt in showing me, please. Thanks in advance!

PS: I would gladly share my work after it's done :)

Reactions: Jim Davies
I am hearing that it is possible to do 3D modeling with the Typhoon H itself. There was a thread around here on this.

And there are some really good developers who work on a lot of this stuff.
And this is about the most helpful place I have even been.
I can post a pic for you of my drone. I am sure others would too.

Last edited:
Hello dear dronelovers!
I'm a 3D VFX student and I've been told to choose a drone and try to recreate its 3D model for a TV spot practice (fake ad). So... after doing some research I would like to try Yuneec Typhoon H. Thing is that, even though I found some nice pictures, I really couldn't find any better graphical reference of it that could help me out modeling.
I would like to ask you guys, who's interested in helping me, if you know about any nice graphical reference like a picture turnaround or any technical blueprints (maybe from the manual) that could be handy for my work.
I also appreciate any volunteer who wouldn't mind to take some pictures of his drone, but just if I can't find any better, I really don't want to bother you.

Well if someone knows something useful for me don't doubt in showing me, please. Thanks in advance!

What program are you using to create the model? Since the motor arms and landing gear are basic shapes all you really need is the shell. Once you have this you can get dimensions pretty close for everything else from basic drawings and pictures, sounds like you don't need to be dead on scale. I would suggest placing a "Wanted" add in the classified ads section for a damaged Typhoon H body shell, someone is likely to have one laying around. Or just buy the shell on line, its only around 22 bucks for the top and bottom sections (shown below). With these two sections in hand you could get the accuracy and detail very close.

Pat

yuneec-typhoon-h-upper-airframe-cover-yuntyh112svc_large.png
yuneec-typhoon-h-lower-cover-yunty113svc_large.png

I am hearing that it is possible to do 3D modeling with the Typhoon H itself. There was a thread around her on this.
And there are some really good developers who work on a lot of this stuff.
And this is about the most helpful place I have even been.
I can post a pic for you of my drone. I am sure others would too.

Thank you for the reply! What you are telling me is the 3D mapping feature I think. It consists in taking pictures from different angles to generate a real scale 3D model of a terrain for example :)
Has nothing to do with what I need, tho haha. I just need the drone itself :)
Some pictures would be geat thank you, but I don't want to bother you now. If I don't find anything handy enough I hope you don't mind if I ask you for some ;)

EDIT: Nice picture, Tree! Thank you :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Davies and Tree
What program are you using to create the model? Since the motor arms and landing gear are basic shapes all you really need is the shell. Once you have this you can get dimensions pretty close for everything else from basic drawings and pictures, sounds like you don't need to be dead on scale. I would suggest placing a "Wanted" add in the classified ads section for a damaged Typhoon H body shell, someone is likely to have one laying around. Or just buy the shell on line, its only around 22 bucks for the top and bottom sections (shown below). With these two sections in hand you could get the accuracy and detail very close.

Pat

yuneec-typhoon-h-upper-airframe-cover-yuntyh112svc_large.png
yuneec-typhoon-h-lower-cover-yunty113svc_large.png
Wow, thanks dude! this is really what i was looking for :) I don't think buying a broken body shell is an option for me, tho haha but thanks for the advice! Where did you get the pictures?
I'm forced to use Lightwave 3D for classwork.

It's neat that you're doing this. I had given some thought of doing it in the old trueSpace or maybe Blender. I still like trueSpace but it's not current any more since MS bought Caligari, then killed the product. I would try Cinema 4D but it's pretty expensive. There's a pretty detailed Typhoon H in the simulator assuming you could get at the mesh. My reason for doing it was to create an H Pro version for the simulator and an updated ST16 graphic for it. The only trouble with the latter is the sticks would probably come out of the screen of the ST16 because they are positioned for an ST10.

Reactions: Jim Davies
Hello dear dronelovers!

Hello Blacky,

I've been working on a 3D model on my spare time, and I can tell you: the shell can be tricky.

I also researched for as much graphical references before starting, and even though I found quite some nice photos and images, the shape is too organic to get an accurate representation on picture. So, if you don't have access to the unit itself it can be hard to figure out some details.

Even using the images found on the manual, they are only good for so much. I basically used them only as proportion references. Since I own the unit the best approach was to look at it from every possible angle to figure out the appropriate modeling process.

Anyway, I'll leave you with an image of my work-in-progress. It still needs quite some polishing but hopefully it can help you with your modeling.

Greetings!

typhoon3d.png

Can anyone in here give me the length of the carbon rods to the bottom of the landing gear?

I use Autodesk Inventor professionally and It's been on my mind for a while to create a 3d working cad model of the H but just been so busy.
I'll be following this thread as some of you youngsters may have more free time than me.

Last edited:
The Carbon rod that makes up the landing gear legs measure 5.25" (133.35mm) between the bottom of the retract receptacle and the top of the "T" that connects the landing skids.

I'm so sorry. I meant the horizontal part of the landing gear. :oops:
Thanks.

Hi Blacky. I found this tread and I would like to know how did you progress on the Typhoon H 3D Model
regards,
John

Hello everyone,

Typhoon H 480 3D complete model has been on the web for a long time. You only have to search with confidence... With some knowledges you can print your own parts.

It is FREE.

Here it is:

Captura de pantalla 2017-09-02 22.28.45.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-09-02 22.29.24.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-09-02 22.29.53.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-09-02 22.30.23.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-09-02 22.30.59.png

Even the propellers and propguards:

Captura de pantalla 2017-09-02 22.31.13.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-09-02 22.31.28.png

Please do not post public or private messages asking for the model... Look at what you are seeing, in this message you have all for find it. ;)

Regards from Spain,
Dario.

Reactions: NSMax
Very good Dario.
They look superb.
But as they are meshes I can't work with them.
I'm working on it though.
( I've never worked with meshes before )
I have created .stl files for my 3D printer though.

Thanks again.

Jim

Very good Dario.
They look superb.
But as they are meshes I can't work with them.
I'm working on it though.
( I've never worked with meshes before )
I have created .stl files for my 3D printer though.

Thanks again.

Jim
I just discovered this, hence the late response.

All of the meshes are .stl files. They are located in the meshes folder found at this link -
sitl_gazebo/models/typhoon_h480 at master · PX4/sitl_gazebo · GitHub
and the ABViewer used above can be found here -
Download ABViewer | CadSoftTools – AutoCAD DWG DXF HPGL (PLT) SVG CGM viewers, converters and libraries.

I have an i7 overclocked pc
I opened these files into a 3D moddeller and my poor old pc is on it's knees begging for mercy ! :(
I'll have to try this viewer and see what happens.

Cheers for the links Guys.

Jim;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123