Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H battery comparing chart

It worked the couple of times I tried it, but unlike the H batteries, the EV-Peak did not charge the ST-16 any faster than than the standard charger... which is why I tried my computer USB port, looking for a faster charge.

One thing to note, which was pointed out by CraigCam, in this thread...

ST 16 indicates charging when not plugged in.

You do not want to leave the ST-16 on a charge for an extended period of time past the controller reaching a fully charged state. Doing so will shorten the life of the controller battery. {EDIT} I went back to find Craig's post on this, and did not want to mis-quote him, so...

Mine did that way back a year ago. It’s the regulator board on the USB port and it’s gone bad. Is it still under warranty? Your options are an RMA with Yuneec direct or hopefully via Vertigo Drones who do great work or purchase a second battery and keep it charged with your multi charger. It’s EC2 connector and charges fine if you have LiLo settings on your charger.

I never leave my ST 16s connected overnight anymore charging as that’s what killed mine.

Also since the controller battery is a Li Ion and not a LiPo, it does not have to be brought down to a storage voltage, AFAIK. The true battery experts on this board are PatR and ArnhemAnt... maybe one of them can confirm that.

Last edited:
I'll buy the Ultrax all day long before buying a Yuneec battery. I have yet to experience any difference in flight time between them, and my wallet is a lot fatter for making the switch. I don't see them as a cheap "knockoff". More like a much less expensive equivalent.
I agree also I have 5 of the ultarx batteries and they are great!!!!! more bang for the buck I would encourage anyone to buy the ultrax batteries. I would like to also add that I charge my ST16 battery with a regular EC3 plugs because my radio battery will not last for all of my H batteries in one day so I charge 2 radio batteries not in the radio of course.

You can store the ST-16 fully charged indefinitely. A cheap and simple secondary charger for the -16 is a wall charger from an Apple or Fire tablet. As mentioned, a laptop USB port also works. Run whatcha brung;)

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
I use my phone charger to charge the ST16 also in the vehicle when I'm out flying. It charges sooooo much faster, been doing this now for 5 months with out any issues. The charger that comes with the H is molasses

I’m using one of the chargers on that list, the Hitec X2, a two port AC charger along with a Hitec X2-400, a two port charger with a separate 400w power supply. Both work very well but the X2 listed in the article provides a little more functionality, including the ability to monitor internal resistance. It’s easy to use, reliable, and reasonably priced. Yuneec also sells this charger rebranded under the Yuneec name and provides it as part of the H-920 package.

Last edited:
with the 8 ultrax I have. I get 20 min to 21 min about every flight.I have over 40 flights with them and the telemetry files to back that up
Where might one find these telemetry files? I too would like to have these organized and readily accessable, thanks!

No card necessary as the ST-16 collects and stores telemetry just the way it comes out of the box. You might want to use an SD card to transfer telemetry though.

Hi All, I use an Ev-peak CQ 3, 4x100w charging outlets and does all the various battery types including lead acid. It gets all my 7 batteries charged from storage to full in 23.5 minutes each and I have made an adapter for the St 16 batteries and they charge in about half the time of the standard charger. I have found this charger to be absolutely fantastic as it will also allow me to use it off my car battery out in the field for extra chargeing which has been necessary on several occasions. John Hennessy (Australia). Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

I know this is an old post. But can you even buy the Ultrax batteries any more? Seems all the Amazon links are now expired/broken. Is there a NEW alternative to the OEM battery that is still available?

Any that you happen to come across will be old stock as Gens/Tattu ceased manufacturing for them at least 6 months ago. There does not appear to be any intent to make more.

I know this is an old post. But can you even buy the Ultrax batteries any more? Seems all the Amazon links are now expired/broken. Is there a NEW alternative to the OEM battery that is still available?
GiFi.Bonacell.Cameron Sino etc are probably old stock too, you can't really check, they usually don't come with any assembly date markings, battery mods are probably the way to go, some have used plus batteries, to power their H and are diligent to it's different characteristics, voltage etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone