Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Battery Not Charging?

Reaction score
So we bought a 2nd battery for the Typhoon H. When I left work last Friday, I left the battery in the drone, but had the drone off. When I got back Monday(today), I plugged the battery into the charger, and the charger's light just blinks green, meaning it's "ready to charge", and then every time I take the battery out of the charger, it goes to the Blue "error" light. Any reason why this is happening? The other battery that we have for the drone charges just fine so I can't believe it's a bad charger.

Note: I did read that if you drain the battery they can be hard to get charged back up, is this true? Anything I can try to get it charging again? I've tried the suggestion of plugging it in via the car charger with no luck.

Never leave battery in drone even with it off it will drain down are you using the stock charger ? Do you have a way to check the cells on the battery ?

So we bought a 2nd battery for the Typhoon H. When I left work last Friday, I left the battery in the drone, but had the drone off. When I got back Monday(today), I plugged the battery into the charger, and the charger's light just blinks green, meaning it's "ready to charge", and then every time I take the battery out of the charger, it goes to the Blue "error" light. Any reason why this is happening? The other battery that we have for the drone charges just fine so I can't believe it's a bad charger.

Note: I did read that if you drain the battery they can be hard to get charged back up, is this true? Anything I can try to get it charging again? I've tried the suggestion of plugging it in via the car charger with no luck.

Are you putting the battery in the charger before or after you plug in the charger? I read to turn on the charger first, then insert the battery.

Reactions: abinder
Answer to charliehorse - Yes, the battery is being pushed all the way in.

Answer to 1mikeinaz - No, I don't have a way to check the cells of the battery.

Answer to Mojoe35, I've tried plugging the battery in before plugging in the charger, and after plugging in the charger, no dice.

20160809_104355.jpg Do you have a volt meter? If so you could check the batteries voltage by connecting the + and - pin to the battery. It won't give you each cell but at least can give you an idea of what the battery total voltage is.

Last edited:
Is the battery being pushed fully down in the charger.
Sometimes they are a bit stiff especially when new.
I was having the same problem charging a new battery, the green lite bling continually, but tried what charliehorse suggested, pushing the battery fully down in the charger. That was the problem. The red lite is blinking hopefully charging away. Thanks 1931.

Reactions: Rayray
I was having the same problem charging a new battery, the green lite bling continually, but tried what charliehorse suggested, pushing the battery fully down in the charger. That was the problem. The red lite is blinking hopefully charging away. Thanks 1931.

OK, so how's everything going now ? Flying OK, no problems?

Typhoon H Batteries New and Old not charging, often showing an error with blinking or solid blue light. Some times the connectors for the balancing pins will gather dust or become tarnished. This will also leave a fine layer of residue/film on the connectors of your batteries. If all other suggestions fail, please follow these instructions: Unplug your charger and with a q-tip, litely coated with 70%+ ispropyl alcohol, "very carefully" rub each of the connector pins and connectors. Make sure the q-tip will not drip with isopropyl when squeezed before cleaning the connectors. a very lite coating of isopropyl will do just fine. Make sure not to saturate the connectors, thus causing a short. Most likely if this is the issue, you will find darkened residue/dirt left on the q-tip. Let dry and try charging the batteries again. I have had several stock chargers and batteries and this saved me lots of lost $$, time and hassle with returns. Best of luck! -RJ

Nice thing about alcohol and contact cleaner; if the charger is completely disconnected from the wall power supply a little over zealousness with the cleaning solution won’t hurt anything.

Should you get either of them inside pin/plug receptacles or in the charger unit just let things sit for a couple hours. They completely evaporate and leave nothing behind that could cause problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop