Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H control

Reaction score
Great Day all ...
So today I went to fly my Typhoon H ... Been about 3 months from the last time which then flight was awesome with no issues, Today however I go to take flight. After percheck list I started motors and Lift off to about 15 feet off the ground and hovered for a bit while adjusting camera, once camera was set, I go to send Typhoon to left and found no response from aircraft. Then tried righ direction with again no response from aircraft. After moving the joy stick a couple more times left to right I then brought it down and landed with no problem's ..
I then shut down craft and proceeded to ST16 screen which shows controllers outputs and found when moving right side joystick left to right had very little output ..
Question is: Any advise as to what might be going on?
Has anyone had this concern?
Please Help...

I don't have a video, but you might need to recalibrate your sticks. Have you tried to fly it since ? Just try restarting the ST-16 and see if that helps at all. You want to do everything else before recalibrating the sticks. Because you might make it worse instead of better. This might not help you very much, I haven't had a problem like that before. Hope you get it fixed soon.

@Ty Pilot, @rdonson, do you guys know where the other thread is that had instructions on how to calibrate the sticks ? Or is there another way to fix this ? Thanks.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Do not re-calibrate the sticks as a first measure. The pots of the control sticks are likely to be oxidized slightly, or dirty and hence do no function properly. Calibrating at this stage, will only cause more problems. As @Gdmoe mentions, he has let the ST-16 sit for three months so likely; a little contact cleaner and exercising the sticks is all that is needed. Calibrations should only be performed on sticks that are functioning properly. Please check out this sticky thread for the procedure to clean the sticks. My guess is this is all it will take.

My guess is this is all it will take.
Exactly right Ty Pilot. The stick pots tend to oxidize when not in use. It's good to "Stir" the sticks prior to a flight and to also check them in Hardware Monitor while waiting for the H to acquire satellites.

Hello,
I just want to give a BIG THANK YOU to those who responded to my post, I did just what was said and ( problem solved ) Guess I need to get this bird out more. I worked the joy stick back and forth and after the 5th - 6th time my j4 output came right up. Took my Typhoon H out this am for a short flight and had no problems...
So once again Thank you
Greg

Since it had been a few months that you had last flown, giving the sticks a spray with the electrical contact cleaner would still not be a bad idea... if nothing else to minimize re-occurrence...

Reactions: Gdmoe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro