Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon h crash

Reaction score
Got a typhoon h back in january of 2018.weather finally got nice to use it.did all the compass calibration.get it to the field to fly,power on the st16 and then the typhoon h. Screen on radio saying reconnecting to camera please wait.then all of a sudden it starts up on its own lifts off and flips backwards breaking all the props,ripped camera off along with the wires and one arm lock spring in the arm.contacted yuneec and get a run around on getting it warrented as it was a birthday gift and cant find my reciept. Any ideas

Without the receipt you may be hosed. Contact whoever bought the H for you and they might be able to provide the necessary information on its purchase to satisfy Yuneec. I had to do that for my H as well. My in-laws provided me with the receipt and I made a copy with Yuneec and I was able to register the H.

I've not heard of an H doing anything like you've described. Maybe someone else has.

Were you in an area where there might be interference with radio signals between the ST16 and the H?

Lots of metal structures nearby?

Had you performed the calibration for the accelerometer?

Have you looked at the "Hardware Monitor" on the ST16 to make sure all the controls are functioning properly?

Reactions: AJan
Without the receipt you may be hosed. Contact whoever bought the H for you and they might be able to provide the necessary information on its purchase to satisfy Yuneec. I had to do that for my H as well. My in-laws provided me with the receipt and I made a copy with Yuneec and I was able to register the H.

I've not heard of an H doing anything like you've described. Maybe someone else has.

Were you in an area where there might be interference with radio signals between the ST16 and the H?

Lots of metal structures nearby?

Had you performed the calibration for the accelerometer?

Have you looked at the "Hardware Monitor" on the ST16 to make sure all the controls are functioning properly?
I was at our club field where we fly planes and helis its in a wide open field nothing around.all calibrations have been done.as for where it was purchaced the hobby shop went out of buisness a month or so ago. Might sell it for parts now

First, I'm sorry for the incident you experienced. Its unfortunate and I'm sure your gut is in a knot about it.

Yuneec won't care about the hobby shop being out of business. They'll just want a receipt.

What you've described is all repairable. If you're fairly handy with things many of the repairs are something you might be able to do yourself. If you can't do the repairs yourself here are some reputable shops that can.

Welcome to Terrestrial Imaging - Terrestrial Imaging - Where The Sky Is Your Limit!

One Stop Shop for all Aerial/UAV/Drone Products

Vertigo Drones Sells A Wide Selection of Drones & UAVs For Photography, Video and Racing

I have watched countless videos on the slip ring wire replacement. Every video shows where they go on the board but nothing on where they go when they come out of the top

Thanks. Just took it outside with the props i got from a friend and i get this solid green light with a weird tone all of a sudden
If your H took off backwards when you launched, it's generally because you were in Smart mode and standing closer than 30' to the H.
It's also possible the right stick was not centered, but you should have gotten warning beeps.

The solid green light you mention.......is that the status light on the back of the H?

Reactions: ron schempp
If your H took off backwards when you launched, it's generally because you were in Smart mode and standing closer than 30' to the H.
It's also possible the right stick was not centered, but you should have gotten warning beeps.

The solid green light you mention.......is that the status light on the back of the H?
Yes its the light on the back.and it was not in smart mode the switch was in the center and the right stick was centered

Yes its the light on the back.and it was not in smart mode the switch was in the center and the right stick was centered
Good to know. Check the sticks in Hardware Monitor and see if they are responding smoothly.
When the light is solid green, can you post a picture or screenshot of the ST16?

Good to know. Check the sticks in Hardware Monitor and see if they are responding smoothly.
When the light is solid green, can you post a picture or screenshot of the ST16?
The light on the back is green and the radio says reconnecting to camera when there is none on it and says no gps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones