Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H does not boot up

Reaction score
My typhoon H does not power up after an extended storage , this might sound stupid but do they
loose their memory when stored long term 2 years plus ?
batts are ok and tested in a friends H ,

when I press the power button , it only gives one Beep no brrrrrrrpppp noise like it did before when booting up
blue light on power button will not turn off unless I pull the battery , I can still work the Camera side
just the main body unit is dead ?
tried connecting it to the computer but the Yuneec software does not see the drone as it is not powering up properly so no USB connection.
sorry if I am rambling and you can understand what I am trying to write lol.
PS I am in the UK and cant find a repair place .
many thanks

....... do they
...... I can still work the Camera side
....... do they
Not that I am aware of. There may be some issues with GPS acquisition after a long storage, but the main startup is not generally a problem.

...... I can still work the Camera side
This statement is a little confusing.
Do you mean while the camera is mounted on the Typhoon H?
Do you see video on-screen?
Are you able to manuever the camera gimbal?

It might be a good idea to wait for more comments. But my first thought is you have corrosion on the pins attaching the Flight Control Board to the ESC board. If you have the tools and experience, it is a pretty easy task to remove the FC board, spray the pins with "Plastic Safe" contact cleaner, and see if that will help.

Last edited:
This statement is a little confusing.
Do you mean while the camera is mounted on the Typhoon H? Answer yes while mounted to the H , so power must be getting to the Gimbal , just no main board boot up but I can see a blue LED lit up on the main board
Do you see video on-screen? Answer yes I can see the camera feed on the ST16
Are you able to maneuverer the camera gimbal? yes I can move the cam gimbal , no Drone info shows on the PC GUI

To me, the fact you can maneuver the gimbal means the drone is actually bound to the controller. This is a strange one. Perhaps best to wait until @h-elsner or someone else familiar with the programing can help.

What color and pattern is the rear LED flashing?
Typhoon H Main LED STATUS.jpg

To me, the fact you can maneuver the gimbal means the drone is actually bound to the controller. This is a strange one. Perhaps best to wait until @h-elsner or someone else familiar with the programing can help.

What color and pattern is the rear LED flashing?
View attachment 28947
Sorry I am telling lies checked again , it is only the camera feed I can see on the ST16 , no Gimble control , there is no color Flashing , only the little blue light on the front top power button , once pressed I have to manually remove the battery to power down , you will be familiar with the start up tones , mine no longer gives them only one beep then no more boot up sequence .

Reactions: Zanderi
Sorry I am telling lies checked again , it is only the camera feed I can see on the ST16 , no Gimble control , there is no color Flashing , only the little blue light on the front top power button , once pressed I have to manually remove the battery to power down , you will be familiar with the start up tones , mine no longer gives them only one beep then no more boot up sequence .
That brings my thoughts back to the contact cleaner as a good first try at fixing it. Then hope we get better guidance from one of the other members.

Reactions: Pier2162
If removing, cleaning, and reseating the F/C board does not work, a power off reload of firmware via GUI may restore functionality.

This thread has some info on it Typhoon H firmware error and this is the thread referenced in post #10 TH firmware update problem, and post #70 describes the OP’s symptoms.

Reactions: Pier2162
Not to be sarcastic, but this is why I have always recommended starting the drone at least every two~three months, not just to safeguard the batteries.

Follow the post with interest, I'm curious to understand what causes the malfunction.

The first beep is done by the ESC controller and will come also if there is no MCU board at all. If the on button will be hit, the next we see that the status LED will switched on. This happens before the power latch is set. Do you have a short flash from the status LED on the back?

When you say the LED on the power switch keeps on, that means the power latch is working. I'm not 100% sure but the power latch seems to be controlled by the processor. I think the processor on the MCU is doing "something" but is not able to start the processes to initialize the hardware. Can you tell us if the two tiny LED on the MCU board are blinking? If yes, which one and what color. One should be blue, the another one red.

Next try: Remove the MCU board from the ESC main board and connect it to USB. The blue LED should blinking fast and after a while, both LED on the board (red and blue) should blinking slowly. Do you see that?

Next try: If you connect the MCU board to USB, will you see a new COM port assigned in device manager?

If yes, reflash the MCU firmware "TyphoonH_FC_V1.35_3_3_2017.yuneec". This is possible without having it on the mainboard.
Typhoon H drone firmware archive:

This is a short description how I would go forward. If you need help for one or more of those steps, please ask. I have done a lot with those MCU boards and can describe in details if needed.

br HE

My typhoon H does not power up after an extended storage , this might sound stupid but do they
Yes, in rare cases it may happen. It is the same effect as when USB sticks die although there are much fewer write cycles on the processor flash memory.

br HE

Reflashing via GUI can be a solution. Check the forum about how to...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval