Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H firmware error

Reaction score
My ST16 updated fine...but the Typhoon seemed to get hung on the GUI update. Now I only get a power lite. Have to pull battery to power off. Is there a way to set firmware back to original?

Hi Steet, I am assuming that the H will no longer bind to the controller? Have you been able to test if it will connect to the GUI on a PC? If it can connect to the GUI you can try to update firmware with that.

The GUI will not recognize the H. It is now saying I have a com port error. ?

It was with the GUI that I tried the update the first time and it got hung up and now I have this issue. is there a roll back I wondre

nechsproject: I have messed up the connection between the transmitter and the H. I don't understand how to rebind. Help

Ok, what color is the power light when you turn on H? Also, on the ST16 can you see the H in the bind menu under settings?

The power light is white. I cannot turn off or on..have to pull battery. I can not see H on ST16 at all...Only camera.

The power light is white. I cannot turn off or on..have to pull battery. I can not see H on ST16 at all...Only camera.
Are you able to try tilting the H forward 2-3 times at 45 degrees to see if binding mode is entered? If it enters that mode the led will flash rapidly orange.

If that does not work, I found another thread that is dealing with the same issue, here is one of the comments from that thread.
"1. Download Software V1.28. You need this Software as a basis to start updating again. Download here: http://files.yuneec.de/TyphoonH-FC_V1.28_24_9_2016.yuneec
2. Open Typhoon H GUI Software.
3. Go to „Tools“ slide above. Then „Firmware Update“.
4. A pop up window shows up. Go to „…“ and select the Software Version 1.28 file.
5. Remove battery from your Typhoon H. Connect USB cable to copter and laptop or PC.
6. System starts to update your Typhoon H. Wait until it was uploaded correctly. Close program.
7. Remove USB cable. Insert battery.
8. Upload newest software version 3.0 to SD card. Insert SD card into the CGO3+.
9. Turn on ST16 and Typhoon H. Wait until you can see the live image of the camera on your ST16.
10. Go to „System Settings“ on your ST16. Then tap "About Controller“.
11. Click „Update“ for Typhoon H and the system should start to update everything to the newest version.
12. For checking go back and then again go to „System Settings“ —> „About Controller“.

Rebind the drone and CGO3+ and re calibrate the compass and accelerometer too just in case"

TH firmware update problem

Sme happened to mine just do what mechsproject recomended also after unbricking recalibrate the st16. Mine would try to tip over after it revel back up after landing recalibration solved that problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22