Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H flyaway

Looking at the values of J3, J4, and J2 in the logs it seems quite apparent that the sticks need to be cleaned and then possibly calibrated. Earlier logs show slightly deviant centered values especially on J4 and J2 (which are the left/right axis of both sticks). They appear to get progressively worse over time which indicates more corrosion. Before flying again I would advise opening the ST16 and removing the control gimbals and cleaning the potentiometers and connections with a plastic safe contact cleaner.

Tilo Flight 00066.png

Center neutral value for all control sticks is 2048. As seen in the graph above the only stick axis that is at that value is J1 throttle. I see that inputs from the sticks are seen by the aircraft the entire flight although the reaction seems somewhat less as the aircraft got farther away. This could be an effect of reduced although not absent RC control signal. It seems that the Rate slider was most likely in the Turtle position as the output range of the sticks seems limited in value range.

@h-elsner brought up the use of the cruise control d-pad on the lower right as a possible reason for the offsets in right stick values. That could be a possibility, but any abrupt movement of the right stick would cancel those values, and I do not see a return to normal neutral values for the right stick.

If there was significant wind it might explain the drift if the Rate slider was indeed in Turtle position.

@Tom
thank you fro the advice. I will have a close look at the controller.
Before it crashed it had some funny zick zack moves I noticed.
According to the farmers who found your drone, they found it nearby the chicken coop which is around this area that is highlighted yellow>
From the area highlighted in your attachment and comparing to the last GPS coordinates in the flightlog, it appears that the aircraft may have been performing a Lost Signal RTH as that is in the path back to where you were stationed.

Looking at the values of J3, J4, and J2 in the logs it seems quite apparent that the sticks need to be cleaned and then possibly calibrated. Earlier logs show slightly deviant centered values especially on J4 and J2 (which are the left/right axis of both sticks). They appear to get progressively worse over time which indicates more corrosion. Before flying again I would advise opening the ST16 and removing the control gimbals and cleaning the potentiometers and connections with a plastic safe contact cleaner.

View attachment 26445

Center neutral value for all control sticks is 2048. As seen in the graph above the only stick axis that is at that value is J1 throttle. I see that inputs from the sticks are seen by the aircraft the entire flight although the reaction seems somewhat less as the aircraft got farther away. This could be an effect of reduced although not absent RC control signal. It seems that the Rate slider was most likely in the Turtle position as the output range of the sticks seems limited in value range.

@h-elsner brought up the use of the cruise control d-pad on the lower right as a possible reason for the offsets in right stick values. That could be a possibility, but any abrupt movement of the right stick would cancel those values, and I do not see a return to normal neutral values for the right stick.

If there was significant wind it might explain the drift if the Rate slider was indeed in Turtle position.

Hi
I am impressed by your trouble shooting help. Cool inside. Thank you.
I opened the ST16 but have to get the contact cleaner to proceed.
The rate slider was indeed in turtle because I thought that is good for a smoother video. I am rethinking this now.
Best wishes
Tilo

Having the rate slider in Turtle is good for video as long as wind does not overcome the ability to control the aircraft. I am quite certain the largest issue is the sticks needing to be cleaned. This document shows what to look for and how to clean the sticks.

Once they are cleaned check the Hardware Monitor again and look for full deflection for both directions in both sticks. Look for lag in fast movement, jitter in slow movement, and that the sticks center when released from any direction. If you get lag, jitter, or the sticks don’t center try cleaning again.

If all is well in the Hardware Monitor, then double tap the Volts icon to bring up the Final Output Display.
82F46833-895F-4F70-BCE9-E4CC6FE72C4A.jpeg
With the rate slider at full rabbit-
CH01 should be at 50% centered and range of 0% to 100%
CH02 should be 0% centered and range of -100% to 100%
CH03 should be the same as CH02
CH04 should be 0% centered and range of -80% to 80%
with the rate slider at turtle position the range values will be less but equal in both directions from center for each axis

Attachments

• Control Stick Gimbal Maintenance.pdf
    230.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: WTFDproject
I cleaned the contacts as instructed with contact cleaner spray.
All input is now 100%. Great tip!
Just need to get the old or substitute drone in the air again.
Will let you know.
Warm regards from Jakarta
Tilo

I cleaned the contacts as instructed with contact cleaner spray.
All input is now 100%. Great tip!
Just need to get the old or substitute drone in the air again.
Will let you know.
Warm regards from Jakarta
Tilo
If you need guidance making repairs feel free to ask here on the forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval