Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H for real estate

Reaction score
First off I've been flying fixed wing RC for years now but my wife is real estate agent and I've wanted to buy a multi-rotor to use for her listings, she's talked to her fellow agents and they all want some aerial footage for their listings as well. So I'm thinking about setting a small business and take the knowledge test for remote pilots. My question is do you think the typhoon h will be sufficient for real estate photography? I'm looking at the H or the phantom 4. Obviously the clients I'll be dealing with won't be experts in video and image quality, I've seen great footage from both. Should I go with the H or the P4?

Do you need obstacle avoidance and 4k recording? You could save quite a bit if you don't. You also need to consider how much post processing you'd be doing along with editing for content.

Do you need obstacle avoidance and 4k recording? You could save quite a bit if you don't. You also need to consider how much post processing you'd be doing along with editing for content.
I don't necessarily need 4K for the real estate gig but it would be nice for personal use. I'm pretty familiar with Adobe LR and I've used iMovie before as well.

First off I've been flying fixed wing RC for years now but my wife is real estate agent and I've wanted to buy a multi-rotor to use for her listings, she's talked to her fellow agents and they all want some aerial footage for their listings as well. So I'm thinking about setting a small business and take the knowledge test for remote pilots. My question is do you think the typhoon h will be sufficient for real estate photography? I'm looking at the H or the phantom 4. Obviously the clients I'll be dealing with won't be experts in video and image quality, I've seen great footage from both. Should I go with the H or the P4?
The H is rather large if you are going to fly under tree canopies and near buildings. Something a bit smaller may suit your needs better.

While researching the H I really like the CCC mode. Most of the real estate where we live is acreage so it seems that the CCC would be useful for me.

Thanks for the input. I'll research the X-Star as well. I just like the idea of the H being a hex just in case there's a motor failure.
Motor failure though a possibility is very very rare. You need to explore getting your 107 if you are here in the states first which at this time isn't finalized,then the cost of liability insurance before making an aerial platform decision. Then how you are going to edit and share your aerial content with those realtors and how it will be used within the context of their online presence.

Motor failure though a possibility is very very rare. You need to explore getting your 107 if you are here in the states first which at this time isn't finalized,then the cost of liability insurance before making an aerial platform decision. Then how you are going to edit and share your aerial content with those realtors and how it will be used within the context of their online presence.
A couple of years ago I took the private pilot knowledge test and passed before I ever took flight lessons. Some things came up to where I couldn't finish the flight time before the one year so I never did get my pilots certificate, so the 107 knowledge test shouldn't be a problem if the FAA releases it when they say I'm also familiar with video and photo editing as I do that for my wife now.

One other thing to consider is that some listings are large enough that you can fly through them with something X-Star or P4 sized
That's one thing that had caught my attention with the p4 that it has sensors facing down to fly indoors without gps.

That's one thing that had caught my attention with the p4 that it has sensors facing down to fly indoors without gps.
Flying indoors within a residential real estate dynamic can come with some issues both from a creative and flight characteristic perspective. Though the P4 and Autel X-Star have downward facing sensors,the air turbulence created from the craft needs to be considered. If in a warehouse you would not have the issues. The H is just too big to fly in a house and get something visually interesting for a video. You do not have a lot of room to begin with. That goes for the P4 and Autel XSP as well.

Last edited:
To be fair, the Typhoon H Pro also has a downward facing camera (IPS). The size issue is a valid concern if you are planning on flying it down hallways.

To be fair, the Typhoon H Pro also has a downward facing camera (IPS). The size issue is a valid concern if you are planning on flying it down hallways.
Hopefully they won't push back the release date again on the real sense. I'm still leaning toward the Typhoon H because it being a Hex with retractable gear and the st16 seems like a better transmitter compared to a phone on the DJI. I've been flying fixed wing RC for a while and I'm used to the large transmitter with buttons and switches everywhere. I think I'd feel more comfortable with the ST-16. As far as camera quality, I've heard complaints on the P4 as well as the H. Like I said the clients I'd be dealing with aren't going to be experts in looking at video and still footage. From what I've seen the people that shoot in DNG and know how to edit footage, the video and stills are fine for what I'm using it for.

I know it really doesn't matter but in my opinion the H looks more professional than the P4 including the transmitters.

Since you're looking at personal use as well as income producing, you should get what you want. Otherwise, I'd start with the end product in mind. If it's a short video of residential properties that will be delivered to an agent who will upload to YouTube and embed on a listing, then a lot of things might not be needed. Super long flight time, crazy transmission range, high velocity performance, 4K res, frame rates over 60, night time recording performance, etc. could be given up on, if that would lower your price. If not, then get as much as you can for your dollar.

In other words, for the job, why would you choose a typhoon pro over a p4, why a 4 over p3 pro, p3 pro over an x-star premium, premium over regular x-star, regular over advanced, advanced over p3 standard, etc.

Reactions: Weinersnitzelz
Either will serve your needs!

Either will serve your needs!
Obviously I've never flown the TH but I've read that it's not as stable hovering in wind as the phantom 4. I've also read that it is better than the P4 at hovering. There's so many conflicting reviews on the internet it's hard to tell what's true.

Obviously I've never flown the TH but I've read that it's not as stable hovering in wind as the phantom 4. I've also read that it is better than the P4 at hovering. There's so many conflicting reviews on the internet it's hard to tell what's true.
The P4 is somewhat more stable as it has two IMU's and two compasses, but not enough it will disrupt taking videos of houses and property, I use "both" for filming farm houses and properties, and both produce equal results and satisfaction !;)

The P4 is somewhat more stable as it has two IMU's and two compasses, but not enough it will disrupt taking videos of houses and property, I use "both" for filming farm houses and properties, and both produce equal results and satisfaction !;)
Thank you!

I'm sure the dual IMUs and compasses aren't the reason why the P4 is more stable during hover -- it is the downward facing camera. The P4 becomes less stable as elevation goes up. The Typhoon H Pro will have a downward facing camera (IPS), so it should be more stable than the Advanced (when not equipped with RealSense & IPS).

Reactions: banned user

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval