Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Lifting Weight Limit

Reaction score
Has anyone ever measured how much of a weight payload a Typhoon H can lift?
Not that it is designed for this activity, but I am curious if anyone ever performed this test.

Thanks,

I have a buch of bricks in a stack in my backyard...i could weigh them individually and see how many it can lift

Bill W.

Reactions: FlyBry
The design load includes the weight of the camera. Adding weight will increase the load on the motors, props, ESC's and the power system. That will increase the heat generated and will shorten the life of those components, perhaps instantaneously. Bottom line.......not recommended.

Someone had a comparison video and the H could not lift Two bottled waters - according to their results I have not tested it. the P3 won the contest for lifting

I know Ming had one flying with the camera and Bottle of water slung underneath.
There is a video of it somewhere around here.
Found it:

I lifted a 16,000 4s battery on the belly flew for a while longer than normal. I believe the rated lift max is 3,000 grams

The design load includes the weight of the camera. Adding weight will increase the load on the motors, props, ESC's and the power system. That will increase the heat generated and will shorten the life of those components, perhaps instantaneously. Bottom line.......not recommended.

So true. As the weight increases flight time and control response decreases so loss of control may end the life of the aircraft before component failure does. Burning out a minimally sized ESC pulling too many amps due to exceeding design weight is easy to do as well. There's not a lot of "head room" in the H power system else there would be no need for motor reversal during a motor out situation. With adequate head room a FC simply sends commands for more power to the remaining motors on a hex or greater to meet accelerometer balancing demands. Many DIY builders "over size" the power system to a factor of 3 or 4X what is necessary to fly the aircraft at max design weight. Consumer stuff, pretty much regardless of what it is, is designed to a "law of minimums".

Like 1 kg of crack? Lol

Dude mine can lift well over 1 kg with the dji 9450 props and my 8000mah 4s battery.

not crack dude haha, i just want to lift machining part because my project like autonomous drone, its to bring machining part form one station to another station plus with indoor localization system.

thanks for your answer :)

not crack dude haha, i just want to lift machining part because my project like autonomous drone, its to bring machining part form one station to another station plus with indoor localization system.

thanks for your answer :)

You should have no problem, keep the load centered directly underneath away from the prop thrust.

The idea is to rescue a friends H which is stranded over the edge of a cliff. Hikers can't get to it. Helicopter can't be used as too dangerous to risk lives. So, I weighed my H at about 69oz (US) and created a 69oz bag to lift. Couldn't lift it. Voltage dropped critically low before load could be lifted. Haven't found higher capacity batteries but interested in trying that as we were close to lifting the load, just not stable. Would also need to test in the mountains (at altitude), so whole idea might be just a dream.

Yanno, this is the kind of thing that drove carrier pigeons to extinction... :(

Reactions: NWSaint and MarkC
I just 2 days ago was testing my 4 flights done h with standard cans of spray paint in a mesh bag that was hooked on oposite sides on the landing gear. All new cans that were full. 1 was like it wasnt there 2 it had a little grunt but still moved about eazy it did kinda sway with the load. 3 cans it lifted 6 feet and it was all over the place swaying with the load. I ended up grabing it in the air. 2nd attempt with 3 it didnt lift off the ground but a inch or 2 then poped up a motor failure warning that wasnt true. I still had a 100% stock h and still had the camera hooked up
I got my h to help spread my dads ashes over his farm. I figure we can make 3 or 4 drops and not have any issues

The idea is to rescue a friends H which is stranded over the edge of a cliff. Hikers can't get to it. Helicopter can't be used as too dangerous to risk lives. So, I weighed my H at about 69oz (US) and created a 69oz bag to lift. Couldn't lift it. Voltage dropped critically low before load could be lifted. Haven't found higher capacity batteries but interested in trying that as we were close to lifting the load, just not stable. Would also need to test in the mountains (at altitude), so whole idea might be just a dream.
Sounds like a job for a 520 and not the H.

Sounds like a job for a 520 and not the H.
Or have the H attach a line to the downed drone. Need a pay-out spool loaded with fishing line, a large closable loop on one end, fly down to downed drone, maneuver loop around some part, then fly straight up above cliff level, then back towards you. Then at least you'd have a secured line on it. After that....???

Reactions: NWSaint
I am also considering to use my Typhoon H for drone fishing, I will put at least 10 oz of sinker, at least 20 oz of fish as bait, then the rig, the hook, all in all I think the entire rig is 40-50 oz. Can my Typhoon H handle this weight? Then considering the line, will it add some weight?
Thank you for future answers.

Reactions: michelcastro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval