Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Newbie Flying Questions/Service Dog Training

Reaction score
Happy holidays and Merry X-Mas.

I took my Typhoon H with RealSense on its Maiden Voyage today in angle mode and controller mode 2. While it was absolutely awesome, a very easy flight and control and most important did not scare my service dog Luna (she actually loved it), I encountered three issues I have to address before using it again. I live 20 miles due north of New York City on the Hudson River. I used it in a school baseball field. I had near perfect GPS reception.

Prior to today, I read and re-read all manuals, updated all firmware, watched a crazy number of YouTube videos and received guidance from Frank at Carolina Drones (who I cannot give enough positive praise to for his grace, knowledge, patience and spirit).

My intended use is to eventually use follow me mode using the wizard to film me and my service dog Luna in training, i.e. cognitive distraction training related to PTSD anxiety and panic attacks and her ability to anticipate/assist recovery by recognizing my body language, respiratory rate, eye movement, etc.

(1) I initially lifted off, went up 20 feet and set it right back down. I took my hand off the left yoke (from pushing down) and instead of staying down it tipped over on the ground until I hit the red stop button in the ST-16. I broke two blades, luckily no damage and I have 2 packs of extra blades. I thought once it's down and hands off left yoke the engine thrust stays low?

(2) When in the air, gear up and 60x60 up/away feet Real Sense kept saying unavailable? I tried both Angle and Smart modes.

(3) Follow me mode did not work using the ST-16 controller though set properly through ST-16 GUI.

(4) I thought the Typhoon H has an auto-landing feature so if it's in the air and I become disabled or distracted I can hit a button on the ST-16 and it returns within 30 feet of where it took off from.

(5) No sound but perfect video (I made one short 3 minute video because I was too nervous to mess around with anything but flight controls during my first flight).

Thanks in advance.

Donald.

Last edited:
Usually if you hold the left stick down long enough the motors will goto idle speed. It should not tip over once it is idling. Also make sure obstacle avoidance is turned off when landing... I don't have real sence on mine

Hold the throttle down for a few seconds after touchdown. Don't let off immediately. Wit practice you'll learn you can counter tipping tendencies with stick control input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure your firm ware is updated. The new version improves landing.

Make sure you have realsense enabled in settings.

Follow me requires a high number of GPS connections. The light on the H will flash white when it's ready.

It has RTH or return to home. Flip your flight mode switch all the way down.

You can enable sound in camera settings but it's useless as you just get loud buzzing.

Check out the manual in my signature for a little more info on each mode.

Make sure your firm ware is updated. The new version improves landing.

Make sure you have realsense enabled in settings.

Follow me requires a high number of GPS connections. The light on the H will flash white when it's ready.

It has RTH or return to home. Flip your flight mode switch all the way down.

You can enable sound in camera settings but it's useless as you just get loud buzzing.

Check out the manual in my signature for a little more info on each mode.

Thanks very much!

1. I flip the ST-16 switch down to enable RealSense when in Angle/Smart mode and the H is at least 60/60 out/up and gear up. Are you referencing a setting in the ST-16 GUI?

2. RTH is found where? I flip the ST-16 switch to Home and it hovers at 60ft, the set mode.

Thanks very much!

1. I flip the ST-16 switch down to enable RealSense when in Angle/Smart mode and the H is at least 60/60 out/up and gear up. Are you referencing a setting in the ST-16 GUI?

2. RTH is found where? I flip the ST-16 switch to Home and it hovers at 60ft, the set mode.

What firmware are you running? It's should be in settings

What firmware are you running? It's should be in settings

Software (GUI)
Software for Windows Typhoon H STD V1.01
Details
Manual
Manual H Typhoon
Details

Drone Firmware
Firmware Typhoon H STD V3.01Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.30, Camera:v3.2.26
Details

Controller Firmware
Firmware ST16 Controller STDv03.01.b27

Software (GUI)
Software for Windows Typhoon H STD V1.01
Details
Manual
Manual H Typhoon
Details

Drone Firmware
Firmware Typhoon H STD V3.01Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.30, Camera:v3.2.26
Details

Controller Firmware
Firmware ST16 Controller STDv03.01.b27

Is this what your running or just a copy paste of the newest?

Hmm. Ok recalibrate?

Thanks very much!

Yes, he's referring to a box you need to check in the setting to enable RealSense. If it's not checked, then you only have the ultrasonic OA turned on when you flip the switch.

This box needs to be checked each time you update firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots