Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H officially discontinued

Don't bother me. As long as it flies and does what I need who cares? Learn how to put a XT90 plug on your H, buy batteries and fly it till it dies.
I think its more about parts dedicated to the 480. If you have to discontinue use because of the main board say or something similar or even arms etc

I do hope the H gets duly noted in the history archives as the valuable and much-appreciated 'step in the right direction' it was. I will look back at that machine more fondly than anything I ever owned by DJI for some reason - not sure why, but it is the case.

I feel like someone should write a poem or something :)

Reactions: Steve Carr
I do hope the H gets duly noted in the history archives as the valuable and much-appreciated 'step in the right direction' it was. I will look back at that machine more fondly than anything I ever owned by DJI for some reason - not sure why, but it is the case.

I feel like someone should write a poem or something :)
No need for the obituary just yet, she's going to take a while to disappear.

Time to get some batteries then
Just rang up Yuneec UK at about 1350 (ten to two) and was amazed how fast they answered the 'phone...just seconds! On a Monday afternoon I was expecting to be on hold for a good time.

Anyway, My call was to check on how old the H480 flight batteries where that they had in stock. The guy said 'Oh that's easy, we have no dates...they are out of stock'. I asked when would they be in stock to which he couldn't answer...he had no date.

People have new H480's that are only a month or so old. How the devil are they supposed to get batteries? Surely they can't have discontinued the batteries so soon too...can they???

@Mrgs1 Any ideas where there are batteries available in the U.K.? (see my above post)
Try buzzflyer. Speak to Maria at Yuneec she's the sales department, bought one two weeks ago. but it's still showing in stock.
Leicester drones too.

Last edited:
Discontinuation of a good model is not a big deal. They worked just fine when they stopped providing more updates and they still work fine today. This is true of any well designed, well performing multirotor. Some of us still use designs first marketed 6 years or more ago and they still function as good as the first time they were flown.

As long as the power supply and flight control systems remain functional so does the platform. Proprietary battery designs can cause headaches with some systems but if the design utilizes what is essentially a positive-negative power connection terminal anyone with a little creativity can obtain batteries that can be adapted to a system.

Last edited:
Reactions: AeroJ
It's only showing discontinued on Yuneec Europe website. The other European sites show it still available, it's going to take a while to exhaust stocks I suspect, time to stock up on few essentials.

It's only showing discontinued on Yuneec Europe website. The other European sites show it still available, it's going to take a while to exhaust stocks I suspect, time to stock up on few essentials.
Well I looked at Yuneec UK web site on Monday morning and there was no indication that they were out of stock when I looked at the batteries. It was only after 'phoning them up to ask how old they were that I was informed they were out of stock.

Thanks for the pointers by the way. I have a telephone engineer coming shortly to fix a problem with my land-line. Once he's done his thing I'll look at a couple of those links.

I'm afraid I just cleared out Leicester Drones, so that's off the list :/

I'm afraid I just cleared out Leicester Drones, so that's off the list :/
Bugger. I'll try one of the others.

I used to get all my extras from a place called 'Quadcopters Uk' based in Chorley. Indeed, the last H battery I bought was from them which was good, but at the same time I bought a set of props too but they arrived broken because they weren't packed properly so I vowed never to do business with them again. However, I would have gone back to them for more H batteries if pushed but a swift look at their web site suggests that they are just dealing with racing drones and micros...not even DJI stuff!

Try buzzflyer. Speak to Maria at Yuneec she's the sales department, bought one two weeks ago. but it's still showing in stock.
Leicester drones too.

seems to be a £20 price difference between buzzflyer's and Jessops. Any idea why the difference? £89.99 seems attractive but could turn out expensive if it is old stock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis