Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H officially discontinued

seems to be a £20 price difference between buzzflyer's and Jessops. Any idea why the difference. £89.99 seems attractive but could turn out expensive if it is old stock.
Remember postage probably has to go on top, there's no collect at store, you pays your money as they say. Lottery with dates, very few will be new I suspect.

I'm afraid I just cleared out Leicester Drones, so that's off the list :/
Hobbymounts get a batch in every so many months, they've shown "out of stock" before but he's phoned around and got one for me magically.

Remember postage probably has to go on top, there's no collect at store, you pays your money as they say. Lottery with dates, very few will be new I suspect.
Jessops is the one that shows £89.99 and says free delivery on orders over £50.00. Buzzflyer is £109.00 but it looks like an extra £7.95 for shipping. On the face of it, then, Jessops looks favorite.

Buzzflyer are out too - I tried them yesterday. I would have left some for everyone else at Leicester Drones if they'd had more than 2 in stock, but a few people had got there before me, so I had the last of them.

Jessops is the one that shows £89.99 and says free delivery on orders over £50.00. Buzzflyer is £109.00 but it looks like an extra £7.95 for shipping. On the face of it, then, Jessops looks favorite.
Jessops are out of stock too. But says that ETA for new stock in 10 days

Edit. I placed an order anyway so I suppose I'll receive it when they get new stock in.

Last edited:
Buzzflyer are out too - I tried them yesterday. I would have left some for everyone else at Leicester Drones if they'd had more than 2 in stock, but a few people had got there before me, so I had the last of them.
Will be interesting to see manufacturer date?

Jessops are out of stock too. But says that ETA for new stock in 10 days

Edit. I placed an order anyway so I suppose I'll receive it when they get new stock in.
Worth stocking up on more than just batteries, props,motors maybe an arm or two.

Yes me too ! I did ask before I bought them, but he said he couldn't see a date.
All he had to do was lift the flap and look on the inside of it. The date is there: DD/MM/YY followed by some other numbers

If we think about it for a moment, once a model using proprietary batteries has been discontinued it follows the battery supply has to be terminated before the model was discontinued. If batteries remain easily available there is little impetus for people to buy the following model as they can continue flying older, discontinued models. This is especially true if the following model has but minor improvements over the discontinued model.

Multirotor companies make the bulk of their money from sales of models, not accessories.

If we think about it for a moment, once a model using proprietary batteries has been discontinued it follows the battery supply has to be terminated before the model was discontinued. If batteries remain easily available there is little impetus for people to buy the following model as they can continue flying older, discontinued models. This is especially true if the following model has but minor improvements over the discontinued model.

Multirotor companies make the bulk of their money from sales of models, not accessories.
Depends what a model is. I can still buy new Nikon DSLR batteries for models discontinued 10 years ago, like D3 D3s D700. Yuneec haven't really dished out the batteries to all regions it seems, with only 2016 batteries in US apparently, but Europe has got 2017/18/19 ones, something I think you noted about 920 batteries still continued to be supplied to EU but dried up in US! And someone just buying a Typhoon may feel cheated by news of scarse batteries etc.

Last edited:

I sourced a Phantom 2 battery last year a full two years after dji discontinued the P2V+. Admittedly it was from a third party company though. I couldn't source an OEM battery for love nor money.

Mrgs1,

I don’t see an effective comparison between camera/lens manufacturers and consumer drone makers. Their business models could not be any more different. We can see that difference just in the amount of flexibility DSLR camera manufacturers design into their products.

Anyone tried locating batteries for a P4 lately? They are already in short supply. Did anyone note that batteries are not interchangeable between a P2 and P4, or I1 and I2?

I think some believe multirotor manufacturers design their businesses around serving the customer. Nothing could be further from the truth as the business model is based on a constant introduction of new models intended to entice buyers to purchase the latest, greatest over and over again. It’s not what you can get out of the products, but how many iterations of a product you can be convinced to buy.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Mrgs1,

I don’t see an effective comparison between camera/lens manufacturers and consumer drone makers. Their business models could not be any more different. We can see that difference just in the amount of flexibility DSLR camera manufacturers design into their products.

Anyone tried locating batteries for a P4 lately? They are already in short supply. Did anyone note that batteries are not interchangeable between a P2 and P4, or I1 and I2?

I think some believe multirotor manufacturers design their businesses around serving the customer. Nothing could be further from the truth as the business model is based on a constant introduction of new models intended to entice buyers to purchase the latest, greatest over and over again. It’s not what you can get out of the products, but how many iterations of a product you can be convinced to buy.
A comparison in the the context of a China or far eastern consumer electronics manufacturer still providing the power source for its products, Drone market is becoming a somewhat one horse race with Dji clearly ahead, in a way the H480 will still be able to fly because people are using or claiming the Plus batteries will work. Batteries are available now which will hopefully last another 3/4 years with the newest, will keep most people in the air, components and electronics will fail, which will put some out the game, the battery modifications on YouTube will keep the diehard going, will Yuneec even be in business in 5 years who knows.

Your last question is one that in my mind already has an answer. The company has experienced a steady decline in their customer base due to their failure as a company to perform to minimum levels of expectation. Allowing 5 years to demonstrate the results of their actions is being extremely generous.

Unless they have an advanced product in pre production test stage to be publicly released in the next 4 months they are probably already done.

Last edited:
Your last question is one that in my mind already has an answer. The company has experienced a steady decline in their customer base due to their failure as a company to perform to minimum levels of expectation. Allowing 5 years to demonstrate the results of their is being extremely generous.

Unless they have an advanced product in pre production test stage to be publicly released in the next 4 months they are probably already done.
Well enjoy them while we can then. It's probably too good a copter to assign to the scrapheap, so hopefully we can keep em running as long as possible. But hey perhaps there is a killer product.!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss