Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus 1080 Video Won't Render

Reaction score
I'm new to Yuneec (though not new to drones per se. though I'm no expert.) I am now flying a Typhoon H Plus. I'm really loving this bird. I'm learning about it's features and handling, day to day.

I shot some video last night shortly before sunset using the 1080 & "gorgeous" video settings and was blown away by the detail and quality of the video I got. However, when I went to edit my video and hit the "render" button, the video ended up terribly distorted and basically ruined in the rendering process, one I've done successfully countless times before. In retrospect, the video was so good before rendering that perhaps it wasn't needed. I'm using Adobe Premiere 11 (an older version that came free on my laptop and I've been too cheap to upgrade.) My computer is 8 years old now and barely handles the video processing these machines require.

I'll be getting a new laptop computer with a 4K monitor and the processors and software power needed to handle the Typhoon's 4K video, (which my current one doesn't recognize.) In the meantime, I'm delighted with the 1080 but I wonder if anyone here has a suggestion for me until I get a new computer? Also open to suggestions on a laptop that can handle the job. I've been researching but can always use input from people with actual experience.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you are the victim of video compression at some stage of the edit, probably the final render, or in the upload to YouTube, which compresses things even further.

My best advice is 'use DaVinci Resolve Public beta 15', which is free and better than everything else ! :) But also take the time to watch a few basics videos, so you don't fall into the traps in that program that could give you the same result there...

I'm new to Yuneec (though not new to drones per se. though I'm no expert.) I am now flying a Typhoon H Plus. I'm really loving this bird. I'm learning about it's features and handling, day to day.

I shot some video last night shortly before sunset using the 1080 & "gorgeous" video settings and was blown away by the detail and quality of the video I got. However, when I went to edit my video and hit the "render" button, the video ended up terribly distorted and basically ruined in the rendering process, one I've done successfully countless times before. In retrospect, the video was so good before rendering that perhaps it wasn't needed. I'm using Adobe Premiere 11 (an older version that came free on my laptop and I've been too cheap to upgrade.) My computer is 8 years old now and barely handles the video processing these machines require.

I'll be getting a new laptop computer with a 4K monitor and the processors and software power needed to handle the Typhoon's 4K video, (which my current one doesn't recognize.) In the meantime, I'm delighted with the 1080 but I wonder if anyone here has a suggestion for me until I get a new computer? Also open to suggestions on a laptop that can handle the job. I've been researching but can always use input from people with actual experience.

Thanks in advance.
About getting a new laptop.
My current laptop is on it's very last legs so I began the search for a new laptop the other day. Yesterday my son caught me browsing laptops on Amazon and asked me why I needed a laptop. I said: 'Er...to put on my lap?'. He said that you can do that with a desktop...just get the tower without a monitor, put it next to your TV and plug in the HDMI. Then get a wireless keyboard and put that on your lap. Viola!

I ordered a beast of a machine last night that will go on my 4K TV. It has an NVIDEA 4K card, an 8 core processor running at 4.2GHz and it will also do the washing up and vacuum the carpets...all for £599.95 free delivery. Only down side is that it has windows 10 but at the price I can live with that.

Yeah, I know. In ideal circumstances I'd have a great desktop for editing at home and a laptop that would do the same for me on trips. I love having a laptop with me on vacation trips to view the video and my camera photos, etc., for feedback and adjustments as needed as the trip progresses. Also to share with wife and friends while away, etc.

Tell me, can the video taken by my drone be saved and played back on the Typh. H + transmitter screen?

Last edited:
I just found my answer. Thanks. The micro SD slot in the transmitter. I'll need to see how that works but I'm happy to know I can do that.

Reactions: PatR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval